Attachment 162501

Don't forget the 1983 Corvette reunion.
Old 7/24/14, 09:45 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco

Don't forget the 1983 Corvette reunion.

I've seen one. Got some pictures of it around here somewhere.
Old 7/24/14, 09:46 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I've seen one. Got some pictures of it around here somewhere.

Wasn't sold to public
Old 7/24/14, 09:48 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

Wasn't sold to public
That's why I said I've seen one.
Old 7/24/14, 09:50 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
That's why I said I've seen one.
They're lucky it didn't get sucked into a hole in Kentucky
Old 7/24/14, 09:58 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
I'm just gonna put this right here...
I didn't see those years in the tq comparo...lol.
Old 7/24/14, 10:08 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

It was in the rotunda at one time, not sure if it was there when that happened. It was in the front window near the entrance when I looked at it.
Old 7/24/14, 10:56 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
B-I-L cried when he heard about that. He's got an '06 that he had "presented" to him at the factory there in Kentucky. He's also less than happy that my Shelby was bone stock well over 100HP more powerful than his. He doesn't know it's no longer stock. He'll find out at the Texas Mile in October.
Old 7/24/14, 11:09 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
B-I-L cried when he heard about that. He's got an '06 that he had "presented" to him at the factory there in Kentucky. He's also less than happy that my Shelby was bone stock well over 100HP more powerful than his. He doesn't know it's no longer stock. He'll find out at the Texas Mile in October.
The plant tour really is pretty cool. If you're ever in the area and get a chance to go through its worth the time.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 7/24/14 at 11:15 PM.
Old 7/24/14, 11:15 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
The plant tour really is pretty cool if you ever get a chance to go through.
I've never been that much of a corvette fan after the 70's. I love the early ones, but the later ones just look and feel so plasticky cheap. I have no doubt that the plant tour would be pretty cool though.
Old 7/25/14, 07:31 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It was in the rotunda at one time, not sure if it was there when that happened. It was in the front window near the entrance when I looked at it.

It was there. I took the tour back in November and it was in the rotunda. I also recall reading media reports about it being there and how they made sure to get it out of the rotunda as soon as possible after the sink hole incident.
Old 7/25/14, 07:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The plant tour really is pretty cool. If you're ever in the area and get a chance to go through its worth the time.
I wasn't all that impressed with the tour of the plant to be honest. You can't take any pictures and that rule has nothing to do with the car. It's all about UAW employees. You only get to see a small portion of the overall factory line and its pretty much the final assembly part. You don't get see them mount the engine in the car. You don't get to see the paint shop. You don't get to see a lot of stuff. I wouldn't go back personally. It was interesting, but not interesting enough to go back. The museum was more interesting to me. What I mostly came away from the tour thinking was "If any UAW member ever tells you they have a hard job look them right in the eye and say bull****." Those people do not have a hard job. Machines do all of the heavy lifting. They work at a snail pace in a nice climate controlled facility. It's a cake job.
Old 7/25/14, 08:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
If you (scottmoyer) are truly unaware of the popularity and prevalence of the Mustang in these United States, you're either excessively sheltered or have your head in the sand.
I never said I wasn't aware of the popularity and prevalence of the Mustang. I like the way you read between the lines there. I asked about shows and gatherings that are this large. Do they happen regularly? I am not sheltered, but I also haven't followed Mustang gatherings in the past when my interests have been elsewhere. Are you familiar with all of the Camaro shows that happen annually around the country? I doubt it.

Sometimes you people just need to read what a person says and not try to read INTO what was said. Also, based on the above responses, some people need to read before responding!!!
Old 7/25/14, 08:42 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by scottmoyer
Are you familiar with all of the Camaro shows that happen annually around the country? I doubt it.
They have those? Can't say I've ever heard of a single one.

There are tons of Mustang shows, and Ford shows as well (which bring about lots of Mustangs, naturally). Mustang Week just happens to be one of the largest.
Old 7/25/14, 08:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn

They have those? Can't say I've ever heard of a single one.

There are tons of Mustang shows, and Ford shows as well (which bring about lots of Mustangs, naturally). Mustang Week just happens to be one of the largest.
Of course they have Camaro shows, as well as Chevy shows. Same with Dodge. Probably every car make, that has an enthusiast following, has shows.

I've never really heard of Mustang shows except Mustang Week, but I know they exist.

Some ignorance up in this thread.
Old 7/25/14, 10:00 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by White2010
I wasn't all that impressed with the tour of the plant to be honest. You can't take any pictures and that rule has nothing to do with the car. It's all about UAW employees. You only get to see a small portion of the overall factory line and its pretty much the final assembly part. You don't get see them mount the engine in the car. You don't get to see the paint shop. You don't get to see a lot of stuff. I wouldn't go back personally. It was interesting, but not interesting enough to go back. The museum was more interesting to me. What I mostly came away from the tour thinking was "If any UAW member ever tells you they have a hard job look them right in the eye and say bull****." Those people do not have a hard job. Machines do all of the heavy lifting. They work at a snail pace in a nice climate controlled facility. It's a cake job.
12-13 years ago when I went through you got to see everything pretty much, it was very interesting. I do agree about the UAW employees though. The funniest thing I saw when I went through back then was during a lunch break on the line.

You know how many Mustang enthusiasts (or car enthusiasts in general) are about someone eating in their cars after they get them. They freak out about food and drinks in their "baby". The long time, hard core Corvette owner's I've know are **** about it. When I went through a lunch break had just came up just past the point where the body meets the chassis and drivetrain and the interior is being installed.

The line was stopped as we came by and there was a black guy on the interior line sitting in the driver's seat of one of the cars with a big drink cup sitting on the console, a bag of greasy chips on the dashboard and eating a giant, marinara dripping all over his shirt, meatball sub sandwich.

I could only laugh to myself thinking about the balding, middle aged, Corvette jacket wearing ***** that bought it smugly telling someone that food wasn't allowed in his car.
Old 7/25/14, 10:10 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
12-13 years ago when I went through you got to see everything pretty much, it was very interesting. I do agree about the UAW employees though. The funniest thing I saw when I went through back then was during a lunch break on the line. You know how many Mustang enthusiasts (or car enthusiasts in general) are about someone eating in their cars after they get them. They freak out about food and drinks in their "baby". The long time, hard core Corvette owner's I've know are **** about it. When I went through a lunch break had just came up just past the point where the body meets the chassis and drivetrain and the interior is being installed. The line was stopped as we came by and there was a black guy on the interior line sitting in the driver's seat of one of the cars with a big drink cup sitting on the console, a bag of greasy chips on the dashboard and eating a giant, marinara dripping all over his shirt, meatball sub sandwich. I could only laugh to myself thinking about the balding, middle aged, Corvette jacket wearing ***** that bought it smugly telling someone that food wasn't allowed in his car.
That's hilarious. But terrible. I hope that's only GM that allows crap like this.
Old 7/25/14, 10:30 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by typesredline
That's hilarious. But terrible. I hope that's only GM that allows crap like this.
What made it even funnier to me at the time was that the only reason I was in Bowling Green was to attend the Fun Ford Weekend NMRA World Finals drag race at Beech Bend Raceway (great track by the way, love that place, covered stands, nice midway swap meet and car show, attend it if you ever get the chance). And being the lazy **** that I am, I found out that the Show and Shine All Ford car show participants got to drive all the way down to the tack and park for the show in a reserved field next to the track. Parking out in the boonies where you had to walk in was like 10 bucks, you could enter the show and shine car show for 30-40 bucks for the whole weekend event. So I did just so I could park right next to the track.

And not only did I get to park right next to the track and not having to walk, I ended up winning a first place trophy in the category with my Thunderbird Supercoupe.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 7/25/14 at 10:32 PM.
Old 7/25/14, 10:45 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
You guys are worried about people eating in your cars! You outta see what goes on with your food in the restaurant business before you eat it! Now there's an eye opener!

Quick Reply: Multiple crashes at Mustang Week