General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Mod Your '05?

Search this Thread

Old 4/12/04, 09:18 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Will you modify your 2005 Mustang or leave it factory stock?
Old 4/12/04, 05:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
Um, I think I covered this somewhere else...
Old 4/12/04, 05:51 PM
I Have Admin Envy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I will likely put some bolt-ons (pulleys, exhaust, chip, CAI, etc)

maybe a nice ducktail as well...
Old 4/12/04, 06:02 PM
I'm people, and I like.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I will most likely get a black V6 and leave it bonestock, but if I get a GT i will modify the body and wheel. I would get some bullit wheels, have white lettering on the tires, and maybe get some rear window louvers.
i was thinking about maybe putting on some boss paint schemes, but they might make a boss variant, so thats not an option for me anymore.
Old 4/12/04, 08:16 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

I was going to choose bone stock, but then I realised that it will be stock for a few years. I will be doing engine mods. I can't think of what body work will make it better, except for a hood with some functional ram air, which may go with the engine mod category. Or maybe put a blower. After 25 years with the car i'll put new paint since i'll keep this car in great condition all the way to the 80th anniversary.
Old 4/12/04, 08:29 PM

Hello im new here, as far as any mods dont know yet,color dont know, gt coupe yes as soon as i can. Been waiting 3 years since concept cameout. Told wife then what ever it takes i will get one if ford builds one, no matter what the price.
Old 4/13/04, 06:43 PM

I am getting a GT and will add flowmaster, different rims, and possibly racing stripes.
Old 4/14/04, 12:37 AM
GT Member

Brad stole my thread

you're mine owner boy!

move the foglights, possibly concept hood, might add a sunroof, altho looking at the dimensions the roof is alittle too curved....
Old 4/14/04, 12:52 AM
Bullitt Member

I have several things in mind depending on what we see when the car is actually at the local dealer. I'm going with a GT automatic (for that lovely So Cal driving experience) and I'm leaning toward redfire. Depending on what it sounds like stock, I may consider exhaust mods. I've heard people talk about that in the forums before. I don't want it just louder - I want it to sound preditory. My Camry can drive up behind pedestrians and they don't even move. I want you pulling your children off the street. Can you suggest a name or two? Should I be looking at Borla? Or what?

Wheels: Absolutely 18 inch Bullittts. That's do-able, right?

I'd also consider a functional hood scoop. I've seen some of the photoshops here that look pretty cool.

And there will be a video screen hidden in my driver's visor and a DVD player worked somewhere into the stereo console. I teach film classes at a number of locations and there are times when I sit in my car with nothing to do for as much as two hours. I could be watching Lord of the Rings!

Those are the things I'd do right off the bat. At some point I may paint something but not at first.

Old 4/14/04, 12:57 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm not much of a car guy, so I've got a question for you. When everyone in San Diego is driving a new 'stang, how can I mod my GT so I've got 25-50 hp more than the rest of them?

And no, I'm not going to install an illegal NOS system in it.
Old 4/14/04, 07:31 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Is nitrous illegal in California? I know it is in Georgia, but it's legal in most states.
Old 4/14/04, 07:47 AM
V6 Member

I'm gonna wait until the new model comes out (the one after the Cobra) and hopefully it's a BOSS...if it is...then I find a 429 and drop it in there....FOGET ABOUT IT! LoL j/k
The GT's are sweet but I'm gonna wait for what will hopefully be the BOSS and then I'm gonna tweak it with all the bolt-ons, exhaust, and some suspension and then go out and play for a while before I decide to do the intake, heads, cams, etc.
I'll probably go with the black with silver stripes and some Torq rims should they be available for the newer models. Most of all....gotta get rid of those nasty mufflers and some of the TOO nostalgic interior. Love the car but it needs some TLC on the interior. JMHO.
Old 4/15/04, 05:55 PM

As much as I love the BOSS idea and the new Cobra I'll only be fresh outta college so.... I'll probably end up with a new GT an 06 or 07 and deffinately do some engine and suspension work and maybe add my own rims and Stereo equipment depending on what Ford is offering!!
Old 4/16/04, 04:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'm getting the Black GT. Then Mike Lavalee of Killer Paint has agreed to work with me on a mustang design for the front quarter panels and doors. Mike is the guy that does work for Jessie James, Kid Rock and Monster Garage, etc.

www.killerpaint.com
Old 4/16/04, 08:36 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by derynf@Apr. 16th, 2004, 4:18 PM
I'm getting the Black GT. Then Mike Lavalee of Killer Paint has agreed to work with me on a mustang design for the front quarter panels and doors. Mike is the guy that does work for Jessie James, Kid Rock and Monster Garage, etc.

www.killerpaint.com
Welcome aboard! Let us see the design when it's done and I want to hear a price estimate.
Old 4/18/04, 05:26 AM

yeah buddy.. grey gt.. hopefully they will offer it with the skunk stripes.. ram air hood.. 18 in jesse james rims... cables and pulleys and all those small things for the engine.. exhaust... i cant wait...
Old 4/18/04, 07:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Probably doing a supercharger...might do some GT350 cues for some more retro flavor (emblems, etc.).
Old 4/19/04, 07:55 AM

I figure the first year ill drive it stock and wait for the aftermarket to catch up. I thought it might be cool to do a retro GT350 or GT500 body kit with the retro hood scoop on a fiberglass hood, and maybe some sail panel scoops and C-Stripe scoops like the 67 shelby. White with blue stripes and side stripes, or black with silver stripes, mabey some retro wheels, something like the edlebrock wheels on the eleanor clones. I don't know yet, but ill post pics when its done.
Old 4/19/04, 06:33 PM

i want to get a white 05 gt put on some blue lemans stripes side exhaust and some gt350 side stripes and emblems
Old 4/20/04, 09:21 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Nazgul+Apr. 16th, 2004, 8:39 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Nazgul @ Apr. 16th, 2004, 8:39 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-derynf@Apr. 16th, 2004, 4:18 PM

www.killerpaint.com
Welcome aboard! Let us see the design when it's done and I want to hear a price estimate. [/b][/quote]
Mike and I have stopped communicating. I think he's waiting until closer to the Sept. 29th release date. Out of respect for Mike I won't make any preliminary designs scetches available until after he paints the car. I'm hoping to get in the door in the first week of October. 29th is a Wednesday. I'll drive it up from the Bay Area, CA to Washington that weekend.

Price~~$3500-4800 depending on the number of panels he has to sand. I'm looking at it coming from the front wheel wells then progressing into and then tapering out on the doors.

Quick Reply: Mod Your '05?