General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

TO MANY MODS

Search this Thread

Old 5/2/05, 09:10 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I can hear it now:

"I'll take it, but you have to remove that Saleen Super charger that makes 100 more hp and have those candy apple red stripes painted over......"

People who mod cars do it to enjoy them, not to make a buck or increase value...
Old 5/2/05, 09:41 PM
AJC
Mach 1 Member

I disagree - this car will be worth something in about 30-40 years maybe sooner.
Totally redesigned stang. 1st year retro body, comeback of the muscle -pony car. Limited availability of the gt.

But that doesnt stop me modding by adding bolt on performance enhancements.. I just wont be chopping metal.

I will still keep every part I remove. At the very least one day they will be worth something on Ebay...
Old 5/2/05, 10:10 PM
Cobra Member

Don't forget, we are a VERY small minority in the Mustang world. They will sell, what, 200k cars a year? And how many on on these boards? And how many have actually modded?

Besides that, why would you want a stock car anyway? It is not like it is perfect from the factory.

Heck, look at the classic car market. Modded (custom) cars are getting as much money as the 100 point restorations.
Old 5/2/05, 11:40 PM
Cobra R Member

Yesterday is gone forever.
Tomorrow has not arrived and there are no guarantees we will be here to see it.
Today is the only day we have so live it to the fullest. Tell all love ones how much you care for them and if your happiness includes moding a 05 Stang for a show horse or for running the crap out of it do it. I think it would be much better to pass on with a smile on our face.
If by chance you live to a ripe old age sitting or your porch in a rocker
talking to others about the years past do you want to remember all the things you wanted to do and for some reason never did and now its too late or remember all the fun things you did and enjoyed life to the fullest.
I am not going to leave a brand new unmoded GT for others to enjoy when I am gone. I am going to gas it NOW
Roll On
Old 5/2/05, 11:44 PM
I'm people, and I like.

I really dont mind that so many people are modding their cars. As long as it's tasteful and useful, there is nooo problem in my book. Although, if I buy a stang in about two year, when I get my degree and get settled, i most likely wont mod it
Old 5/2/05, 11:53 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
i dont think we have to worry about stock cars disapperaing. the majority of mustang buyers wont even touch the engine, so there will ALWAYS be a decent amount of stock stangs.

me? well, as soon as i can get my grubby hands on one, ill mod the crap out of it (assuming i have the $$ lol)

oh well, off to bed for me, gots english presentation crap tomroa!
Old 5/3/05, 11:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by Rampant@May 2, 2005, 10:13 PM
Don't forget, we are a VERY small minority in the Mustang world. They will sell, what, 200k cars a year? And how many on on these boards? And how many have actually modded?

Besides that, why would you want a stock car anyway? It is not like it is perfect from the factory.

Heck, look at the classic car market. Modded (custom) cars are getting as much money as the 100 point restorations.

Exactly. There will be a ton of these cars built (probably a lot more than the last body style) and most people won't mod their cars.

I'm not worried about 30 years from now either. Drive your car now and have fun and do what you want with it. You may not be here next week.
Old 5/3/05, 11:24 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I enjoy modding my car too much to stop. If I get too carried away I'll just sell it and start over
Old 5/3/05, 12:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by mizanin+May 2, 2005, 2:16 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mizanin @ May 2, 2005, 2:16 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Hellcat6@May 2, 2005, 10:40 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-sodaman
@May 2, 2005, 10:11 AM
Yah this car isnt so rare , or will it be in the near long future. Lot more of these babies made than in the 60's and 70's. Plus I am sure anyone doing mods on here is keeping there parts, but probably will never go back, as they are building it to there liking. Not for the liking of others 30 years down the road when there will be plenty of them I am sure. Enjoy this car the way you like it , you paid for it.

Dan, I agree this car is not rare. But there are far fewer being built then when the car was introduced. By 66 Ford was celebrating the 1 Millionth Mustang! We'll get about 192K built this year. Still you are right, don't sweat the collector status, have fun with it! Future collector car? You bet!
Although fewer are being made today than back then that doesn't mean that these will become collectibles. After all, the cars today are much better built than those cars, so in 25-30+ years there will likely be more of these around than there are 60's today. If for no other reason than the fact that quite a bit of older cars would turn to rust after just a few years, today you can find 10 year old cars with little to no rust, unheard of back when the 60's cars were produced, unless they were stored most of the time.

Personally, I'd do what I want with the car with no regard to future collectible status. A neighbor of mine bought a Ferari Testarossa for an investment years back... he lost his behind on that deal. Never enjoyed driving the car either. Moral of the story, you can't tell what the future holds, enjoy your car the way you want and don't worry about tomorrow. Of course it couldn't hurt you to hold onto original parts if you do do modifications.
[/b][/quote]

The cars today are better in some ways, and in some ways they are not, remember the cars built during the mid sixties and early seventies were easily repaired by anyone with minimal mechanical knowledge, parts were easily obtained, interchangeability was the rule, not the exception, thus many of these cars were literally driven into the ground, todays cars are mostly disposeable, when I say this I mean there comes a point that the price to replace parts on todays cars does not justify the money spent, this is intentional and has been planned by all of the car manufactures.

I beleive the older cars were a better value for the money spent, this would be a good topic if there is not one already posted I beleive...
Old 5/3/05, 12:53 PM

My $0.02

Mustangs by nature are built to be modified. They are one of the least expensive sports cars available. There are certain things that Ford will not do in order to keep the cost under a certain price point. I plan on doing my exterior mods just so that my car won't look like John's down the street. I want to turn peoples heads with my Stang. I don't want people to say "Its just another Mustang". I want them to say "What is that! Wow! That Mustang is HOT!" Then I want them to rear end the poor soul in front of them because they were to busy rubber-necking and drooling over my beast!
Old 5/3/05, 01:05 PM
Retired Tms Staff

I came out of the mall today and saw a guy pulled up next to my car, drivers window down and taking pictures of my stang. He then said, "man, that has got to be the nicest ride around. Sure better than the stock ones". I'm glad I modded it
Old 5/3/05, 03:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@May 3, 2005, 2:08 PM
I came out of the mall today and saw a guy pulled up next to my car, drivers window down and taking pictures of my stang. He then said, "man, that has got to be the nicest ride around. Sure better than the stock ones". I'm glad I modded it
I'm glad you modded yours too. :worship:
Old 5/3/05, 06:02 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by mizanin+May 3, 2005, 3:15 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mizanin @ May 3, 2005, 3:15 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-adrenalin@May 3, 2005, 2:08 PM
I'm glad you modded yours too. :worship:
[/b][/quote]

I was thinking the same thing.
Old 5/3/05, 06:42 PM
Retired Tms Staff

Out of all the cars I have owned I have never, ever had so many people ask about my car. I wonder what people will think of it when I am done my mods next summer.
Old 5/3/05, 06:57 PM

I was driving today and another 05 pulled up next to me. It was a fella I saw at the track a few months back and had gotten his 05 since. He asked me, "so how fast you running it now? What mods do you have."
Regardless, it makes great conversation piece, mods or no mods. I have seen older era mustangs totally stock and totally non-stock. To each his own!
Old 5/4/05, 07:35 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by adrenalin@May 3, 2005, 6:45 PM
Out of all the cars I have owned I have never, ever had so many people ask about my car. I wonder what people will think of it when I am done my mods next summer.
John,

If that car was bone stock with no mods you would still get the attention, there just arent that many GT's out there, and especially very few Sonic Blue GT's.

You have a rare car already !
Old 5/4/05, 07:41 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally posted by mmoonshot+May 4, 2005, 7:38 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(mmoonshot @ May 4, 2005, 7:38 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-adrenalin@May 3, 2005, 6:45 PM
John,

If that car was bone stock with no mods you would still get the attention, there just arent that many GT's out there, and especially very few Sonic Blue GT's.

[/b][/quote]
Especially since it's one and done for Sonic Blue. Curious to see the official count on them once the '05 MY production finishes.
Old 5/4/05, 12:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by holderca1+May 4, 2005, 7:44 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(holderca1 @ May 4, 2005, 7:44 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by mmoonshot@May 4, 2005, 7:38 AM
<!--QuoteBegin-adrenalin
@May 3, 2005, 6:45 PM

John,

Especially since it's one and done for Sonic Blue. Curious to see the official count on them once the '05 MY production finishes.
[/b][/quote]

Hopefully my GT will be one of the numbers in the final count..LOL..one can only hope.