General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

making of elenor on Rides (TLC channel)

Search this Thread

Old 2/16/05, 06:57 AM
cti
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was flipping through the channels last night when I got to the TLC channel and found a Rides episode all about the making of the Elenors. It was awsome, They talk to Carrol Shelby and show Jason Giammbi's Super Snake. I think I even caught a glimpse of the 07 Shelby Cobra. It comes on again on Sun at 3:00 P.M. so the DVR is set.
Old 2/16/05, 08:47 AM
FR500 Member

I watched that last night also... for the third time. Will never get tired of it either. And I don't think you saw the '07 Shelby. You might be thinking of the Mustang concept car that they showed. I'm telling you though... if I won the lottery today and could buy any car I wanted... I'd buy a Super Snake. 725 HP not even including nitrous. That's just insane. And american muscle. It's a beautiful thing.
Old 2/16/05, 08:52 AM

I saw most of it last night. I'm sure somebody from the vintage set will chime in on the fact that they are cutting up original 67-68 fastbacks to mass-produce Eleanors. This may or may not push fastback prices through the roof and bring down the availability to those who want an original car. I'm sure that Unique Performance doesn't have a policy on using ONLY basket-case cars.

Just my 2-cents.

Anyway, cool show. Reminded me of my 1973 Mustang vert restoration.

B
Old 2/16/05, 08:54 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by cti@February 16, 2005, 8:00 AM
I was flipping through the channels last night when I got to the TLC channel and found a Rides episode all about the making of the Elenors. It was awsome, They talk to Carrol Shelby and show Jason Giammbi's Super Snake. I think I even caught a glimpse of the 07 Shelby Cobra. It comes on again on Sun at 3:00 P.M. so the DVR is set.

Agreed
Old 2/16/05, 08:55 AM
V6 Member

I meant to quote Acadian.....man I need to practice my posting skills.
Old 2/17/05, 08:47 PM
GT Member

"I'm sure somebody from the vintage set will chime in..."

You rang?

I suppose I speak on behalf of a lot of the "vintage set" when I say I'm not overly-concerned about Unique snapping up all the 67/68 fastbacks. There's still a boat-load of them out there, and I think prices will drop back down to a reasonable level after a while. And I'm quite pleased with the renewed interest in vintage Mustangs due in large part to this movie car. My objection is the basic look of the thing. It doesn't say "muscle car" to me as much as "bolt-on" parts. It just looks too import-like. The true 1967 Shelbys alreay have to "look" and don't need ricing up - that's all. Having said that though - each one of these things they make keeps one more vintage car on the roads - and that's a good thing!
Old 2/17/05, 08:57 PM
V6 Member

Originally posted by cti@February 16, 2005, 8:00 AM

I saw the same show. It was amazing to see how they put that car together. Right after that show, they had Sema Overhaulin episode, whereby, they overhaul a Mustang...sweeeet. With the cold temp outside and my car sitting in the garage at least I have the TV to warm the cockles of my heart.
Old 2/22/05, 12:46 AM
GT Member

Wasnt this a re-run? I swore they aired it last year. Which was kinda cool since I think they filmed it in june of 04. Cuz I think rides was going to do something about the great american pony drive, that was stopping in Dallas for two days. The first day was the big shin-dig at that elenore plant in Farmers Branch. I guess they found a better story.
Old 2/22/05, 07:56 AM
Team Mustang Source

all I gotta say about that show is...... <3 eace: :rock: