General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Loving my ride but...

Search this Thread

Old 6/22/16, 04:53 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Loving my ride but...

I think I'm beginning to understand why the previous owner parted ways with my car. I was told that my car was painted Azure blue, not dirt-magnet blue ha ha. A year or so ago, I worked at a car dealership and the detail guys were trying to convince the general manager to use a product that repels dust and keeps the finish nicer longer. If such a product exists, there has never been a more beautiful car in such dire need of such a product as my Mustang. Any suggestions???
Old 6/23/16, 06:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Are you having paint problems?
Old 6/23/16, 07:30 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
I'd be leery of any specific product that purports to make a finish last longer. The only real way of stretching the life of the finish is regular maintenance, elbow grease, proper wash/compound/polish/wax techniques, all combined with quality products and buffing cloths. Obviously the finish of a garage kept vehicle will certainly extend it's life.

As far as repelling dust, there's no magic bullet. The person who invents a product that keeps dust and/or pollen completely off a car will become very, very rich.

However, I've recently begun using Croftgate detail products including their rinseless wash. Specifically they make a spray top coat called Quick-n-Slick which contains no VOC's or petroleum and is somewhat effective at keeping garage dust off the finish....not 100%, but I find that the amount of dust is reduced. But forget about pollen....nothing works as far AFAIK.
Old 6/23/16, 10:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
I'd be leery of any specific product that purports to make a finish last longer. The only real way of stretching the life of the finish is regular maintenance, elbow grease, proper wash/compound/polish/wax techniques, all combined with quality products and buffing cloths. Obviously the finish of a garage kept vehicle will certainly extend it's life.

As far as repelling dust, there's no magic bullet. The person who invents a product that keeps dust and/or pollen completely off a car will become very, very rich.

However, I've recently begun using Croftgate detail products including their rinseless wash. Specifically they make a spray top coat called Quick-n-Slick which contains no VOC's or petroleum and is somewhat effective at keeping garage dust off the finish....not 100%, but I find that the amount of dust is reduced. But forget about pollen....nothing works as far AFAIK.
Ceramic coatings. They work!
Old 6/23/16, 11:40 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Ceramic coatings. They work!
There ya go again Patrick, spending OP's money. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Now that you're a mod, how do you find a hat that's large enough for your head?
Old 6/23/16, 03:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
There ya go again Patrick, spending OP's money. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Now that you're a mod, how do you find a hat that's large enough for your head?
I don't look good in hats...