General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Lovin' this car!

Search this Thread

Old 3/15/14, 04:24 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lovin' this car!

Sorry for the goofy rant but I'm coming up on one month Tuesday since I bought my new '14 GT. At first I was worried I was getting in over my head for a DD long distance commuter car but oh I can't imagine anything else now! Going down the road in this car is incredible and suddenly the hour plus commute I endure twice a day is waaay too short! Permagrin is definitely in effect! I've done the long distance commute for going on 15 years and endured a series of both turbo and n/a 4 cylinder cars. No more, lol!

My parents came to visit for the first time since I bought the car and you would think I just graduated medical school. They couldn't stop going on about how great it was. Hell, if I would have known V-8 american iron was the way to their hearts I would have bought one 20 years ago, lol. Seriously, when I popped the hood, you would have thought they were staring at stack of gold bars! I think they may even go buy one, lol. My mother graduated high school in '64 and my dad is a little older so I guess there's a real connection. Sorry for the sappy story. Just had no idea it would be this fun to own a Mustang, lol!
Old 3/15/14, 07:29 AM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
What a great story! Feel the same with my father and my hour commute flies by!
Old 3/15/14, 08:54 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 1,078 Likes on 674 Posts
That is a wonderful story and many of us feel that way with the cars we own. It's a passion, no doubt about it. If you can't smile when you turn the key then it's the wrong car for you or you just want an appliance to drive. (see Camry). I've had several Mustangs since my first new one in 1982 ( a 5.0 GT) and they have been a big part of my car life. The only other car that compares for me are the Pontiac F-bodies which I have owned now for 18 years after buying my first Formula in 1996 off the showroom floor. 13 years now with my current Trans Am. A sound of a V8 is just the epitome of car ownership. My Porsche and BMW days are way behind me. Their 6 cylinders are wonderful machines but nothing makes me smile like an American V8.
Old 3/15/14, 06:25 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My only other Ford experience was a 94 Probe. Enough said, lol. It was my second car. From there I bought a few Hondas and a few SAABs. I'd WANTED to buy a Mustang or Challenger when I bought my last Honda but just couldn't stop worrying about reliability and mpg. Glad I finally got over those fears. I'd bought a Civic Si as my last Honda and I was not comfortable with the performance or the image. I think everyone sees an Si and says, "Hey, I can blow past him." I was constantly getting cut off and challenged. I'm like "I'm just trying to get to work, people!" Lol.

Yeah, my dad was/is a GM guy and never stops going on about his '65 Impala. So the first Ford in the family was when my older brother bought an Explorer in college the first year they came out. I'd got my mom to buy an Accord 10 yrs ago after 15 years of awful Bonnevilles but now I've been trying to get them back in American cars. As someone who jumped ship, I really think the domestics have caught up on most fronts and I'm good of it.