General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

LateModelRestoration Price Match Guarantee Unfulfilled

Search this Thread

Old 4/14/15, 01:54 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LateModelRestoration Price Match Guarantee Unfulfilled

It is easy to say you will guarantee to match any price. Saying it makes it look like you are as low or lower than all other competitors, a good place to shop. LateModelRestoration states their policy pretty unequivocally on their website: http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...atching-Policy.

But when I called today to place an order, and asked for a price match, despite their 100% guarantee, they wouldn't do it. They said they would not meet the price because the distributor (an FRPP distributor) drop shipped the products from FRPP.

To me, this is a failure of their guarantee. Does anyone feel the same?
Old 4/14/15, 02:29 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 41 Likes on 38 Posts
Call up hypermotive, they shod be able to price match
Old 4/14/15, 02:39 PM
V6 Member

Thanks, Joey. Looking for the laguna seca FRPP wheels. Doesn't look like they got em.
Old 4/14/15, 03:21 PM
Cobra R Member

Sometimes they can get things not listed on their site.
Old 4/14/15, 04:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
I read the guarantee.

Indeed, it does not say "except these parts/from this supplier" or such.

But it does say "we would like the opportunity to match", or to that effect. This has an *implication* that they may not be able to do this.

Just my thinkin on it...
Old 4/14/15, 05:02 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by houtex
I read the guarantee.

Indeed, it does not say "except these parts/from this supplier" or such.

But it does say "we would like the opportunity to match", or to that effect. This has an *implication* that they may not be able to do this.

Just my thinkin on it...
The rest of the paragraph - including the header - are much less vague on their intentions.

If they don't want to do it that's their business, but it certainly looks worse when they say they will then don't.
Old 4/14/15, 05:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by Salguod
It is easy to say you will guarantee to match any price. Saying it makes it look like you are as low or lower than all other competitors, a good place to shop. LateModelRestoration states their policy pretty unequivocally on their website: http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...atching-Policy. But when I called today to place an order, and asked for a price match, despite their 100% guarantee, they wouldn't do it. They said they would not meet the price because the distributor (an FRPP distributor) drop shipped the products from FRPP. To me, this is a failure of their guarantee. Does anyone feel the same?
Look up my most recent thread about LMR. Calling these bigger vendors on the phone is clearly a hassle for them. They'd much prefer you just order online, stfu and not have any questions about it.

Old 4/15/15, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by Salguod
It is easy to say you will guarantee to match any price. Saying it makes it look like you are as low or lower than all other competitors, a good place to shop. LateModelRestoration states their policy pretty unequivocally on their website: http://www.latemodelrestoration.com/...atching-Policy.

But when I called today to place an order, and asked for a price match, despite their 100% guarantee, they wouldn't do it. They said they would not meet the price because the distributor (an FRPP distributor) drop shipped the products from FRPP.

To me, this is a failure of their guarantee. Does anyone feel the same?
Hey Salguod,

Can you shoot me a quick PM on what happened so i can get this addressed?
Old 4/15/15, 09:43 AM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
I called several company's for a Price Match on 4 FRRP parts including wheels and a Track Key. They all gave me the run around. I ended up Chatting with Summitt Racing and Guese what. Not only did they match all the prices (yes 2 items were Drop Shipped from FRRP) they BEAT THEM!!!! They no have my business. No excuses it took be 10 mins to do all of this. Oh Yea and I had it all in a week.
Old 4/15/15, 11:37 AM
V6 Member

Good info, Jazzman. I will give them a call. I ought to, I have been wearing one of their hats to the NHRA drags at Joliet for years, ha, ha.