General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

International Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 1/22/06, 10:54 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Not sure if anyone posted, but the show is about to air on NBC4 in a few mintues. Good chance to check out Stangs and a few other Ford products.
Old 1/22/06, 01:09 PM
GTR Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Missed it. What was on there?
Old 1/22/06, 01:24 PM
Banned

I just got done watching , the camaro was a hit.
Shelby was asked whats next. reporter asked.

"RC: The government should develop advanced vehicles and then turn these over to the automakers to build?

Shelby: "Well, I'm saying that we're never going to get there in the automobile industry as far as the environment is concerned with the system we have now. I don't have all the answers, and anything I come up with is going to be very controversial anyway. Nobody wants to talk about it because the automobile companies, with their huge political impact in Washington, don't want things like this to happen. They want things to go along just like they are.

"I'm not really criticizing them because in a capitalist system, profits are the only thing that the people who put the money up - the investors - care about. And that's the motivating factor for them to invest their money. There has to be a better system in place to see that the environment is better looked after than it is in our political system."
"That's the reason I get so frustrated. It's my business. I'm building a Cobra now with 900 horsepower. You've got to do it to be competitive in the world as it is - profit-centered - but I'd much rather be building something that I know is much friendlier to the environment, has rules and regulations that we all have to go by, and competes with the other competitors in something that is much more friendly to the environment. I don't know . I'm frustrated about the whole thing, but at 80 years old, I know that I'm not going to change anything. "
Old 1/22/06, 02:46 PM
Banned

for some high lights go to www.nbcautoshow.com
Ron
Old 1/22/06, 02:51 PM
Banned

at one point they took a helicopter ride around detroit with Roger Penski. I don't know how many of you have been to detroit but Detroit is the armpit of earth. They could have filmed that old movie Jail break New York city and not done any sets.
Ron