General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Insecure Saleen Driver

Search this Thread

Old 8/11/12, 08:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by theACE

You should be in jail, seriously doing it just once is fine.

Hit it and quit it dude, like yeah opportunities come up where it is 'safe' to race on the street. BUT doing it for 2 hours straight is just plain stupid, you better be glad you didn't kill anyone because your *** would have been nailed to a wall if you killed or injured somebody.
Chill out dude he said it happend three years ago stop crying.. pretty sure he don't do it now
Old 8/11/12, 08:55 PM
Bear Eats King...
Bear ****s Bone

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by theACE

You should be in jail, seriously doing it just once is fine.

Hit it and quit it dude, like yeah opportunities come up where it is 'safe' to race on the street. BUT doing it for 2 hours straight is just plain stupid, you better be glad you didn't kill anyone because your *** would have been nailed to a wall if you killed or injured somebody.
You would hate me too then
Old 8/11/12, 09:48 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by texastboneking

You would hate me too then
Hahahaha
Old 8/12/12, 02:27 AM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by newpony
Not here in MA.
Actually Ma is a stay right state LOL!
http://www.mit.edu/~jfc/right.html

It kills me how many clueless drivers are out there!

@OP, good story, ignore the people who got there license out of a Cracker Jack box.
Old 8/12/12, 09:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by blackedout 5.0L
Chill out dude he said it happend three years ago stop crying.. pretty sure he don't do it now
I doubt he wouldn't do it today.

No need to chill out, its just something that could kill innocent people....
Old 8/12/12, 12:23 PM
Bullitt Member

hard to say whats going on without being there and seeing whats going on, you could take it either way. but haters gonna hate.
Old 8/12/12, 12:44 PM
GT Member

Yes, officer, my thread was hijacked. No, sir, I don't really want to press charges. OK, that is all.
Old 8/12/12, 01:07 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Mirad_GT12
I don't understand why not just stay in the left lane going 80 mph. Were there cars passing you going faster than 80?
Originally Posted by Mirad_GT12
Yes it's not my job. That's why there are speed limits. Correct me if I'm wrong, but if you're going 80 MPH you should stay in the left lane unless someone is going faster than 80?
You are not a cop, it is not your place to determine how fast people should be traveling. The left lane is not your home, you use it to pass then you get the f*** out the way and move over to the right until you need to pass again. What if someone is flying down the highway at 120 because their passenger is dying and needs to get to the hospital and you are camped out in the left hand lane cause you think you are going as fast as traffic should go? The left lane is for passing, not for setting up a home just because you think you are going fast enough.
Old 8/12/12, 01:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LostGeographer
You are not a cop, it is not your place to determine how fast people should be traveling. The left lane is not your home, you use it to pass then you get the f*** out the way and move over to the right until you need to pass again. What if someone is flying down the highway at 120 because their passenger is dying and needs to get to the hospital and you are camped out in the left hand lane cause you think you are going as fast as traffic should go? The left lane is for passing, not for setting up a home just because you think you are going fast enough.
Old 8/12/12, 01:31 PM
V6 Member

http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/ima...cf0114502b.jpg

interesting map for those who would like to know which states to avoid.
I learned quickly when I moved from NJ to MD that people in MD do not get out of the way in the left lane. In fact, I have come to believe that some actually enjoy screwing up a whole line of traffic so they can ride in the left lane...f-ing annoying.
Old 8/12/12, 01:38 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by newpony
Ok, think I get it now. Just keep in mind that if you pass someone and then pull the right, some may interpret that as you want to race. Probably that is what he thought and then when he saw it was just a V6 he was like "WTF?, you want to play with me with a V6. Seriously."
Why so much hate on the v6? The new ones make more horsepower than many v8s out on the road! The only downside is how they don't sound menacing like v8s
Old 8/12/12, 01:40 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
let em hate
Old 8/12/12, 01:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mopar?
Why so much hate on the v6? The new ones make more horsepower than many v8s out on the road! The only downside is how they don't sound menacing like v8s
Have you checked my sig? I have V6.
Old 8/12/12, 01:48 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by The Dude
I learned quickly when I moved from NJ to MD that people in MD do not get out of the way in the left lane. In fact, I have come to believe that some actually enjoy screwing up a whole line of traffic so they can ride in the left lane...f-ing annoying.
As a NJ to MD transplant myself, I support this statement.
Old 8/12/12, 01:52 PM
Bullitt Member

until you live in California for a while... driving for a few weeks, you would get the picture
Old 8/12/12, 02:11 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mopar?
agreed!!

There are some pretty quick V6's on the road...respect the comradeship

If we have all forgotten the V-6 that was spanking A** during the Fox Body hey day... I couldnt touch one of these with a stock 5.0 if i tried...

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/10/02/b...rand-national/

there is a lot of potential for V-6 drivers
Old 8/12/12, 09:25 PM
GT Member

Again, speed limit signs, they determine how fast you should be going.

I highly doubt that you only use the left lane for passing.

If i am on the left lane, and an approaching vehicle is going 120 mph, i will move to the slow moving lane. I will then assess the traffic conditions. If i am in fact still moving faster than the current traffic i would then transfer to the fast lane traffic which is on the left lane.

If i am on the left lane then i would be in fact be moving faster than the cars on the right lane which would technically mean I am passing the slower traffic, lol which is why i would stay on the left lane.

What is so infuriating about going 80mph in the left lane?
Old 8/12/12, 09:29 PM
GT Member

Also, im not sure if you are in the states but 80 mph is technically speeding over the limit in the majority of roads in the states. The left lane is the safest lane to do it because it is generally the fast moving lane.
Old 8/12/12, 10:09 PM

HOLY CRAP THIS THREAD GOT DERAILED
Old 8/12/12, 10:11 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by JimmyM
HOLY CRAP THIS THREAD GOT DERAILED
Yes, I weep and weep and still no change.

Quick Reply: Insecure Saleen Driver