General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

I'm done dealing with American Muscle

Search this Thread

Old 6/12/14, 07:37 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by Vader99
The guy left a message on my voicemail and said "we've never sold dark tinted headlights with clear side markers". I'd say that's basically calling me a liar wouldn't you? And it wasn't "no questions asked" I had to send pictures to prove it before I sent them the original set to be approved for another set. The set they sent me 3 times was a different part #, but after telling me the headlights I had purchased had been discontinued AM still had the old part# on the website.
I'm not siding with either side on this one. There is the possibility that the person that contacted you wasn't around at the time they did offer them. You did say they were discontinued. Also I have never purchased from American Muscle.
It's quite possible the person who contacted you had no people skills, that would not mean that all others were the same. I have no doubt this happened to you but your angry at AM. There is no one on line that could further you cause. Contact AM. Best wishes in your quest and search for resolve.
I will one day buy from AM on line and I hope it's a great experience.
Old 6/12/14, 07:50 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
The guy left a message on my voicemail and said "we've never sold dark tinted headlights with clear side markers". I'd say that's basically calling me a liar wouldn't you? And it wasn't "no questions asked" I had to send pictures to prove it before I sent them the original set to be approved for another set. The set they sent me 3 times was a different part #, but after telling me the headlights I had purchased had been discontinued AM still had the old part# on the website. Btw, it was almost 5pm here in Tx and after hours to talk to anyone there when I got the email. After that I made my original post.
That is important info that helps change my mind. I understand waiting sucks and is stressful. But you're only hours away from them opening up. Call first thing and I bet it will get resolved.
Old 6/12/14, 07:52 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by White2010
Do you think that the people you are on the phone with are sitting in the warehouse with all the parts? No. You are on the phone with some sales staff weenie who never even sees the parts. He or she is looking at a computer screen just like you. Do you think the sales staff are all Mustang owners, Mustang experts and Mustang enthusiasts? No, its just a job to them. Most of them couldn't care less about your car or your parts. They punch in a part number and send a ship order over to the warehouse. Again I know its frustrating as hell because I've been through this sort of thing too but you have to keep in mind that for the most part their system works. People order parts and they get the parts the want and they save their two bucks.
Well said. Great perspective.
Old 6/12/14, 08:30 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
This always happens *sigh*

You tell a story and people give opinions

It's a forum. It's the internet.
While I was on vacation, AM knocked up my ol' lady, kicked my dog, drank all of my liquor and left a deuce in my office bathroom without flushing.
Old 6/12/14, 08:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
While I was on vacation, AM knocked up my ol' lady, kicked my dog, drank all of my liquor and left a deuce in my office bathroom without flushing.
Old 6/12/14, 08:41 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
AM=Sancho
Old 6/12/14, 08:43 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
Originally Posted by GrnT
I'm serious. I'm hoping they'll send me a 750hp Whipple kit, that's the least they could do after drinking all my liquor.
Old 6/12/14, 09:48 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by White2010
. I think all that we are saying is that this sort of thing happens and maybe you should pick another set of headlamps that suit your tastes. This is also the problem with buying things off of the internet. There is much to be said for a good old fashioned brick and mortar store where you go in and you know before you put your money down that the part you are about to buy is the part you want or need. But in this modern age everyone thinks that shopping online is the greatest thing ever because they save 2 bucks and don't have to leave the house. It has its drawbacks though and that's what you are experiencing now.

Do you think that the people you are on the phone with are sitting in the warehouse with all the parts? No. You are on the phone with some sales staff weenie who never even sees the parts. He or she is looking at a computer screen just like you. Do you think the sales staff are all Mustang owners, Mustang experts and Mustang enthusiasts? No, its just a job to them. Most of them couldn't care less about your car or your parts. They punch in a part number and send a ship order over to the warehouse. Again I know its frustrating as hell because I've been through this sort of thing too but you have to keep in mind that for the most part their system works. People order parts and they get the parts the want and they save their two bucks.
No offense, but you're not talking to a kid and I don't appreciate condescending comments. I didn't order from AM to save a couple bucks. I ordered from them because I liked the products I had purchased from them. I'm also well aware of how a call center and warehouse works. I'd prefer if there was a shop anywhere near me that was anything close to being like AM, but there isn't. Good for you if you have a place like that close to you. It's not not like it was an inconvenience for only a few days, it was over a couple months. I might feel different if AM had contacted me in a reasonable period of time after the transaction to tell me they had refunded my money in error and charged my account again. I don't consider six months a reasonable period of time.
Old 6/12/14, 10:03 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I will see what AM had to say tomorrow, for all those that think AM can do no wrong. Btw, saying a company has thousands of happy loyal customers isn't a legitimate reason not to let people know if you've had a bad experience with them.

Last edited by Vader99; 6/12/14 at 10:11 PM.
Old 6/13/14, 01:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Yeah, that happened to me too. But they left me a free calendar!
Old 6/13/14, 08:10 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Last year I purchased a set of dark smoked headlights and after only a few months the reflective surface inside the housing was falling off. After contacting American Muscle they said said they would replace the headlights free of charge and sent me new replacements. The headlights I received however were not the same as the ones I ordered, So I contacted them again and again they sent me the wrong product. I contacted them a third time to see what the problem was and was told the was a mixup in the warehouse, but they would track it down and send me another set when that was figured out. So I set the two incorrect sets back. Then the third set was delivered, still wrong. I contacted American Muscle and left a message. The person that turned my call basically told me I was a liar that American Muscle didn't sell the headlights I had purchased from them, even though there is a picture of my car in the customers pictures featuring the headlights I wanted replaced. Them I was told those were discontinued due to the markers not being amber colored. I said "ok, fine", I mean I can't really argue with that and they took the charge for the headlights off of my account. I figured it was cool considering all the trouble. That was around Thanksgiving or Christmas last year and today after six months American Muscle sends me an email saying They made a mistake in crediting my account and they will now charge the account. I've spent the last dime I'm going to give American Muscle.
I guess I'm having a tough time picking up exactly what happened here. Either way, it sounds like a crappy experience and this is not the type of feedback we're used to hearing. I'm going to make sure you're taken care of, quickly! It sounds like we owe you a set of headlights and a credit.

Can you please shoot me a PM with your order number included? I'll gladly pull your order, pull the call and make sure that our CS Manager contacts you directly. It sounds like the discontinuing of your particular headlights caused a big headache. Our rep could have delivered the message in a much more professional way, though.

You won't have this problem with us again. We would hate to lose you as a customer and I'll always bend over backwards to ensure that you're in good hands!

Hang in there. We'll be contacting you as soon as I have your order number. At the very least I'm going to make this right!

-Dan

Last edited by AMDanBailer; 6/13/14 at 08:12 AM.
Old 6/13/14, 08:23 AM
Cobra Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Jeeze people. EVERY company out there screws the pooch once in a while. Mocking the OP simply because YOU have never had a bad experience is NOT mature.

Problems with AM are few and far between, and this problem is honestly just a small blip on an otherwise mostly good record of service.

Dan from AM has chimed in, and seems willing to see what he can do to take care of it. Yeah, it's a shame it came down to a public post on a forum, but what I think we can all take away from this is a PM to the local AM rep may work better than a public post. In the mean time, grow-the-f*ck-up.
Old 6/13/14, 09:39 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
+1 on my post count
Old 6/13/14, 09:43 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I ordered some McNuggets for my daughter and they asked what kind of sauce so we told them bar-b-que. They gave us the order and we drove off. When we got home, there was no bar-b-que. I was beyond upset and we made a voodoo doll of Ron McD and burned it. That frikkin' clown is going down, I tell you!
Old 6/13/14, 09:46 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by Automatic 5.0
I ordered some McNuggets for my daughter and they asked what kind of sauce so we told them bar-b-que. They gave us the order and we drove off. When we got home, there was no bar-b-que. I was beyond upset and we made a voodoo doll of Ron McD and burned it. That frikkin' clown is going down, I tell you!
You should have called 911
Old 6/13/14, 10:30 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jsimmons
Jeeze people. EVERY company out there screws the pooch once in a while. Mocking the OP simply because YOU have never had a bad experience is NOT mature.

Problems with AM are few and far between, and this problem is honestly just a small blip on an otherwise mostly good record of service.

Dan from AM has chimed in, and seems willing to see what he can do to take care of it. Yeah, it's a shame it came down to a public post on a forum, but what I think we can all take away from this is a PM to the local AM rep may work better than a public post. In the mean time, grow-the-f*ck-up.
THANK YOU!!!
The OP used a social media outlet exactly as it is intended to be used. I have never had a bad dealing with AM, nothing but good stuff. For me to think they have never had an unsatisfied customer based on a mistake they've made is well beyond naive. For someone to ask for this thread to be locked is ludicrous. Any company that expects to stay alive in this day and age has people monitoring social media, so it's not a one sided story. AM responded exactly as I knew they would. I'm sure the OP wishes they would have handled it before now, but no company is perfect.
Old 6/13/14, 11:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
You should have called 911
You got their number? I can never seem to find it.
Old 6/13/14, 11:24 AM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slow.stang
THANK YOU!!!
The OP used a social media outlet exactly as it is intended to be used. I have never had a bad dealing with AM, nothing but good stuff. For me to think they have never had an unsatisfied customer based on a mistake they've made is well beyond naive. For someone to ask for this thread to be locked is ludicrous. Any company that expects to stay alive in this day and age has people monitoring social media, so it's not a one sided story. AM responded exactly as I knew they would. I'm sure the OP wishes they would have handled it before now, but no company is perfect.
I do not blame the OP for coming to the forums with his issue. In a perfect world it would have never got past the first phone call. Clearly that was not the case and it definitely upsets me. However, this feedback is important to me and will absolutely help us get as close to "perfect" as we possibly can.

Whether the OP PM'd me his issue or posted publicly, my response would have been the same. I want to make sure he's taken care of ASAP. As soon as I get his order number this will be squared away!

-Dan
Old 6/13/14, 11:55 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
I will see what AM had to say tomorrow, for all those that think AM can do no wrong. Btw, saying a company has thousands of happy loyal customers isn't a legitimate reason not to let people know if you've had a bad experience with them.
Please report back, and let us know how it went. I'm sure your frustration is real, but we see many post like this and never hear about the resolution. I'm sure Dan will make it right.
Old 6/13/14, 12:00 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
I do not blame the OP for coming to the forums with his issue. In a perfect world it would have never got past the first phone call. Clearly that was not the case and it definitely upsets me. However, this feedback is important to me and will absolutely help us get as close to "perfect" as we possibly can.

Whether the OP PM'd me his issue or posted publicly, my response would have been the same. I want to make sure he's taken care of ASAP. As soon as I get his order number this will be squared away!

-Dan
I know, which is why I buy 80% of my parts from you guys.

Quick Reply: I'm done dealing with American Muscle