General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

I must be on the wrong forum

Search this Thread

Old 12/12/07, 07:35 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by poldrv
I agree with you. I don't think the site should be used for non-mustang news. There have been several posts on this site on this subject. There are folks posting about different barbecues,disasters, house prices plus foreign cars. Freedom of speech being what it is in the USA and Canada people can say what they want. But the mustang site should be strictly mustang related. Lately I have become a select forum reader...if the post suggest anything other than mustang related news, I simply ignore the post. I hear ya........"Me likey my stang! I only opened this post to see why you were on the wrong forum.
Usually as one becomes involved with others and builds some sort of relationship(s), conversations begin to vary and as much as I like talking about the same subject matter . . over and over and over . . it is only natural to discuss other topics.

Some site facts . .

Threads: 73,330
Members: 17,032
Active Members: 2,452

There is one section on 'General Vehicle Discussion', three 'Off Topic' threads, one on 'Other Fords', one for 'Motorsports' and one for 'Which is Better'.

Doesn't seem to much of a stretch to me.

Oh and Glenn . . . You could have at least posted a M5!!
Old 12/12/07, 04:31 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
bmw 550i v8 4.8l 360hp 360tq at 3400rpm 17 to 25mpg
did you toss your cookies yet?
Kind of... I have this printer that can print on Toilet paper so I printed the picture of that BMW and voila! Revenge and squeezably soft to boot !
Old 12/12/07, 05:02 PM
GT Member

hes just trying to pull your chain,

Originally Posted by elcaminoguy
Kind of... I have this printer that can print on Toilet paper so I printed the picture of your car and voila! Revenge and squeezably soft to boot !
Old 12/12/07, 05:03 PM
GT Member

Free speech is a good thing and of course as free people we will always find a way to avail ourselves of it. But it's a two way street.

I come to these forums to learn new things about Mustangs and share information. I've been on a few different vehicle specific forums for about 5 years. They're a great place to get or give help to others of similar interest. That's why I came here within a day of buying mine. Because of it I already found some sources for aftermarket parts as well as some information about back room tactics used at dealerships. That kind of thing is invaluable to me.

Now if I come to a forum like this and start spouting off about how great the fuel injection conversion worked out on the 69 Firebird in my Garage or how well the 95 Formula in the driveway is running after 175,000 miles I'd expect one of two things.

1. To be ignored

or

2. To be descended upon by every member of this forum and deservedly so.

If I go to a Bimmer site and start droning on about how Z3 covertibles look like expensive Miata's I'd expect similar treatment. I'd know better than to go "off-topic" so to speak.

There's already an indication, voiced by some members of this forum, that there are too many non-Mustang topics already. It's probably because you get sick of sifting through topics that have nothing to do with why you came here in the first place.

Too much of that can kill a forum and pretty soon membership drys up because there's no content of interest and we all get stuck in a general forum somewhere else.
Old 12/12/07, 05:05 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by HAMRS_gt
hes just trying to pull your chain,
Oh, ok well then...

....FLUSH!....

ahhh, satisfaction!

Old 12/12/07, 05:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You're not actually on the wrong forum. Just the wrong thread within the forum. This one is General MUSTANG Chat. Not Genaral Chat, nor, Other Auto's. Just move along over to those for other interests.
Old 12/12/07, 05:11 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well i mean c'mon do you really wanna talk about mustangs THAT much? i mean some..errr. alot of people on here are friends that have actually met. like Tacobill and leo. and many more. a forum isnt just about getting all the imformation you can. its about telling people about your self and making friends and sharing expierences whether it be and a walmart where you had bad customer service or at the track where you finally got into the 10's. thats what a forum is about. and thats why im only on the mustang source.
Old 12/12/07, 05:21 PM
GT Member

Sift, sift, sift...

awww shoot!

Off-topic.com?

hmmm...

Let's go see what's happening on "The General yakety yak forums"

What---Ever...

Old 12/21/07, 12:46 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
IMO the folks here aren't rabid <insert make of choice here>fans compared to alot of sites. Go to some brand-x sites and its so bad the general population there lose all sight of objectivity (Lada fans you know who you are ) and are quick to tell you so (generally with the addition of if you dont like it, pack your [censored] and leave). Ergo I'd rather hang around on a forum that can appreciate other makes and models and discuss them without having to lube the posterior portion of thier anatomy in order to free thier brain up for some oxygen.

Case in point, just listen to litany of condemnation GM fans heap on the mod motor (and by extension the Mustang), it is inconcievable to alot of those guys that the mod motor can best or match the LSx in ANY catagory. They will tell you (even if you cite credible sources) that its BS or invent new metrics to heap praise on the LSx engines. Come here and most people will admit the LSx as being a **** fine motor and acknoledge the Mod motors short comings (dodge guys might be out of luck though).

Of course when it goes all wrong with the brand-x car and the fans on the forum can't figure it out, I'm like Eric Cartman at the Chill Con Carne.
Old 12/21/07, 01:29 PM
GT Member

SOUNDS LIKE YOU JUST WANT AN ATTITUDE, MAYBE JUST OBSTINATE ABOUT EVERYTHING, IF YOU DONT LIKE WHATS UP THEN DONT LOOK AT IT

Sift, sift, sift...

awww shoot!

Off-topic.com?

hmmm...

Let's go see what's happening on "The General yakety yak forums"

What---Ever...

Old 1/1/08, 10:34 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I think he wants the www.mustangforums.com
Old 1/6/08, 07:00 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
bmw 550i v8 4.8l 360hp 360tq at 3400rpm 17 to 25mpg
did you toss your cookies yet?
Glenn got to get the 650i to be Mustang worthy...LOL.
Attached Thumbnails I must be on the wrong forum-6series7.jpg  
Old 1/6/08, 07:35 PM
Post *****

is it really that big of a deal that there are some other well rounded car enthusiasts on the board? After all, there are dedicated sections for other vehicles and off topic, as Jason said.

I really don't see what there is to complain about. If you dont want to talk about other cars, do what a bunch of other folk do and stay in the mustang sections. Its entirely up to Brad and the other Admin/Mods what content is presented and accepted here. It's not some great terrible task for you to just roll with it and accept it

I just don't see any valid arguments on your part
Old 1/8/08, 10:21 AM
GT Member

you'd think it would be simple...want Mustang topics-go there want other topics-go there want general discussion-go there. If you know there are topics in a certain section you aren't interested in seeing then don't go there I really don't see a problem & if you look around other sites are arranged pretty much the same way--looks like its a problem you'll have to live with. The topics/threads are there--nobody makes you click on them
Old 1/8/08, 10:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thought we left this back in 07.

Oh well,
Old 1/12/08, 01:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

I must be on the wrong forum
Sounds like you're right, you are on the wrong forum. It's probably in your best interest to move on, as I highly doubt the site will be redesigned for you, and no one here is going to change for you.

Have a good one
Old 1/12/08, 05:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
Originally Posted by Ripstang
Glenn got to get the 650i to be Mustang worthy...LOL.
BMW's rock good cars. I had an acura once. Not to change the subject
Old 1/12/08, 07:12 PM
legacy Tms Member

Nope ..wouldn't want to do that .
Old 1/13/08, 06:06 AM
Cobra Member

i tihnk i've seen him on Mustangforums.com
Old 1/13/08, 07:51 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by boduke0220
i tihnk i've seen him on Mustangforums.com
( btw who haven't we seen there and here? lol)

Quick Reply: I must be on the wrong forum