General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

I don't street race. Stop buggin' me already.

Search this Thread

Old 4/28/12, 11:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
I don't street race. Stop buggin' me already.

So I'm going home and it's night time, and on the way home, I take a left turn, and stay in the left lane of the two lanes of the boulevard. Another guy in a SN95 exits a parking lot and into my lane, but creepin' along. I take the right lane to go around him, no big deal.

The dude, I dunno if it's a 5.0 or a 4.6 SN95, waits until I'm beside him, then guns it along ahead of me.

I do nothing. Whatevs man.

He then coasts back to get a little behind me, then does it again.

And again. It's obvious now he wants me to go.

The third time, I say "oh, that's enough, bye," and stomp on the brakes (knowing there's nothing behind me) to indicate "nosir, not racin' tonight."

Dude slows down more. I just coast down... so does he.

At this point, hes at 25 MPH on a 45, waiting for me to go. Ok, dude. You wanna go? FINE.

I stomp Awesome into 2nd, barrel past his buttocks, to which, he was not well reacting with his *auto* (left pedal, *******!) and pass him...

at 45MPH. No big, I've done nothing wrong, I ain't racing. I just got up to 45 at my usual hurry up mode I sometimes let Awesome do.

But Dufus McIdiot has done the "zOMG!!!" and floored it, and is going to race me...

Just in time to lose the race to the very next right turn I'm taking RIGHT NOW. And rather normally except the brake stomp to slow down dramatically before the turn.

Oh, it was beautiful. Awesome on rails. Yes, I was looking through the turn, and the mirror, all clear before I even did it, or I'd just stay at 45 and go straight to the next one. But it was all perfectly clear, so I could, so I did.

He, of course, went straight... lookin' the fool, at least, in my eyes. I U-turned, and took another right to get back on the boulevard and just cruised home as normal.

---

Now I ask you... what the hell. How do I say "No" without actually rolling down my window and yelling that to these idiots?

Anyway, my version of a "kill". As in "Kill the stupid." I ain't racing, and I ain't doing it at night.

Oh, and there were three constables just ready to catch him. Not me. I wasn't racing.

Just hadda vent that a little. Back to your normally scheduled forum readin'.

Last edited by houtex; 4/28/12 at 11:32 PM.
Old 4/28/12, 11:31 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
lucky.. thats more then I did and I got an amazingly high ticket.. not worth the risk.

I drove over to see my niece who just had a baby friday morning and had to turn down three different cars. then back to the other side of the valley to see the new house and had to turn down another three.. im already f'd and I like to rev and give the mustang knod and stuff and one little ticket right now could send me to a world of hell.

I looked at my wife and yelled "im really starting to hate this **** car!!!"... I just cleaned it and its looking so good everyone fella in the area could smell that heat she was putting off. The wife said good boy and offered to treat me well since I was good thats a plus.

Last edited by Flagstang; 4/28/12 at 11:33 PM.
Old 4/30/12, 07:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I get this kinda stuff a lot around here from the POS Hondas with big mufflers and I just turn the cruise control on and keep driving. The way I see it, I know my car is faster than the majority of other cars I meet on my daily commute, and because of that, I don't feel the need to prove it at every stop light.

Like Flagstang said, It's just not worth the trouble you can get in.

As for your question, sometimes if someone is really persistent with the following and revving at me and crap I'll roll the window down and ask if they want to put some money where their mouth is. I've never once had somebody say yes.
Old 4/30/12, 08:01 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've gotten that a bunch, too. I just wave them by with a little 'shoo-shoo' kind of thing that usually pisses them off. I don't care if they are faster than me, it just doesn't matter enough to take the chance.

I did have a kid follow me into a parking lot and ask if I wanted to race. I told him he needed $100K in my hand before I would consider it, so he declined. It was a V6 Challenger......
Old 4/30/12, 08:44 AM
Cobra Member

It's really difficult to tell some idiots no.... I remember on the way home from my trip that I got my speeding ticket on and ended up in jail I was cruising at about 5 over the limit and some guy in a Terminator circled me trying to get me to run for 10 minutes until I finally got the message across to him by driving 5 under the limit....

some people just can't take the hit
Old 4/30/12, 12:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Moe-rons everywhere. We have in my neck of the woods also. I just ingnore them, which is sometimes extremely difficult.
Old 4/30/12, 12:25 PM
Banned

Well, you 5.0 guys are going to get challenged, because the other guy thinks he might win. The GT500's Cobra quickly erases those thoughts when they see it.
Old 4/30/12, 12:44 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Well, you 5.0 guys are going to get challenged, because the other guy thinks he might win. The GT500's Cobra quickly erases those thoughts when they see it.
unless the road has corners.
Old 4/30/12, 12:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Flagstang

unless the road has corners.
Mine can handle corners
Old 4/30/12, 02:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well kudos for you for exuding such restraint.

I ignore hot shots while believing in the philosophy of "Jesus loves you, but I think you're an idiot." I ignore their ignorance.

Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500
Yuk Yuk - I see what you did there.

I get challenged by six banger Camaros with shiny 22's - probably a member of the same club that trolls us all.
Old 4/30/12, 02:32 PM
Bullitt Member

People suck sometimes. I have friends that street race. I use to, Untill I got caught. Anyone that has gotten caught knows it sucks. I use to mess around so much on the street. I wrecked my first mustang fooling around and hit 3 parked cars.

Times are so different now, So many more people on the road and with stuff to distract them. A lot more cops on the roads also. it's just to dangerous to fool around. God forbid you kill someone and end up spending time in jail. Plus I don't do it because I have way to much to loose, so why risk it
Old 4/30/12, 03:20 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I was having the same conversation with my buddy just the other day. My car is a DD now for the summer and I swear the stripes and Roush across my windshield is an invite to every ***** around to race. Even the other day with my fiancée in the car this same knucklehead I see all the time in a Challenger tries to race me, again. We get to a light, with cars in front of us mind you, and he starts to do a brake stand until it goes green. Wtf.
Old 5/3/12, 07:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Right now I have several ricers waiting for me. I refuse to street race, and they don't want to race on a track from a dead stop (not enough downforce). Plus they are still working on their cars to make sure the car is fast enough to win which is a fail in my book.

I've had one Camaro challenge me at a red light and wanted to race on the freeway. His logic was that I had all those horses and to not race them was wrong.
Old 5/3/12, 07:29 AM
GT Member

I don't believe in street racing, especially against people you don't know. If some idiot kid wrecks his car and injures himself, or more likely some poor innocent schmuck, I'm gonna lose my house. I have no interest in hurting anyone. That's if I don't get a ticket, which is likely since where I drive is often saturated with cops. And besides, there is ALWAYS a faster car. Tracks are one thing, the streets are another.
Old 6/23/12, 10:50 PM
GT Member

Most time it's your fault when you make eye contact.
Just drive your car & stop looking @ others & what they drive.
Someone comes next to you keep looking straight ahead & they will get the hint!
Old 6/24/12, 12:50 AM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
^^^ that's what I do unless they drive me to do one of these
Attached Images  
Old 6/24/12, 07:43 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 783 Likes on 572 Posts
maybe get some stickers for your windows stating you don't street race
Old 6/24/12, 08:19 AM
Bullitt Member

I had the some guy in an AMG Mercedes Coupe try to race me yesterday, on two different highways and an hour apart. What are the chances of seeing the same guy twice like that lol

I just kept driving and ignored him. Each time he left stomping on it. Here in Ontario your car is impounded and your license suspended for 7 days, for doing 50km over the limit. There is a minimum fine of $2000 plus about $1000 for towing and storage. Insurance will most likely drop you like a hot potato, so good luck getting another one to pick you up.
Old 6/24/12, 12:51 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by SilverSkoundrel
^^^ that's what I do unless they drive me to do one of these
Nothing gets me more these days when people do this for no good reason not that any reason is a good one.
One day man or woman I'm gonna do a "Saw" movie and take that **** finger right off. Any jail time will be worth it!
Old 6/24/12, 03:11 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by Barry626
Nothing gets me more these days when people do this for no good reason not that any reason is a good one.
One day man or woman I'm gonna do a "Saw" movie and take that **** finger right off. Any jail time will be worth it!
I don't do it unless someone reeeeally aggravates me.

Quick Reply: I don't street race. Stop buggin' me already.