General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

HP GAINS

Search this Thread

Old 12/28/22, 09:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HP GAINS

Heyy Guys I’m new here and I was wondering if anyone would have a general idea of how much HP Gains I would have on my 05 Mustang GT (Auto Tragic) if I added K&N Intake, Throttle Body Spacer, BBK Longtube Headers, Custom off-road X Pipe, and Borla S Type Axle Backs? I know I probably won’t gain much but I’d just like to have an idea but thanks very much and I’m happy to be part of the team 😂
Old 12/29/22, 04:42 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,866 Likes on 2,112 Posts
Originally Posted by Slow3VStangy
Heyy Guys I’m new here and I was wondering if anyone would have a general idea of how much HP Gains I would have on my 05 Mustang GT (Auto Tragic) if I added K&N Intake, Throttle Body Spacer, BBK Longtube Headers, Custom off-road X Pipe, and Borla S Type Axle Backs? I know I probably won’t gain much but I’d just like to have an idea but thanks very much and I’m happy to be part of the team 😂
Welcome,

How about a Little Backstory on the Car?
Did you Just get it?
Has it Been Maintained well?
What Kind of Shape is it In Overall?
What are Your End Goals?

If it is Very High Miles adding a bunch of Goodies may not be the way to go until you have a solid base. Now if it's Solid and you want to go fast then Maybe Cut to the chase and put a Supercharger on it. Back in 07 I Put a Roushcharger & Axleback Coffin Mufflers on my Gt/Cs and went to 427 Horse and I was Done. That's All the Basic Engine can really Handle {reliably} give or take if Solid without some Internal Mods. And I got that Info From Then Head of Ford Racing Jamie Allison Back in 06 while Interviewing Him for TMS at the Long Beach Gran Prix. {That was a Fun Time.} Also Roush Said it Was the Limit of the Stock Fuel Pump at the Time which their setup used.

My Roushcharger Topic Has Lost All the Pics But Here is a Comparison of my GT/CS vs My Gt-500. I realize the Roushcharger is Likely Not Available Anymore But This is Just Reference For You! Other Superchargers out There Still I believe!

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...harged-455003/

Install Topic. Pics Gone, Has Driving Impression.

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...-gt-cs-442845/

Anyway Plenty of Other Folks Gone Your Route & Can Give You Feedback on the Bolt On's. Just Wanted to Share the Way I Went! Honestly it was Plenty of Car And The Gt-500 is Great but the Roushcharged Gt/Cs was Unique & Fun! Loved the Color & Interior. Also the 5 Speed was Easier to Shift. Hate the Dual Disc Clutch on the Gt-500. 427 Horse Was Plenty Fun!

I would Guess Axleback's, Tune & Cold Air Would Be The Best Bang for the Buck. Car Would Feel a Whole Lot More Responsive! The Other Exhaust Mods are Less Cost Effective.

If you can Post Some Pics of the Car! Love to See!

Oh I Just Remembered I Drove a New 427r Roush Automatic Back in the Day! It was a Major Kick in the Gas! Point & Click and GOOOOOOOOOO!

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 12/29/22 at 05:23 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Slow3VStangy (12/29/22)
Old 12/29/22, 06:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The car I have has roughly around 152xxx km on it and the condition overall I would say is great the paint is still really good I have no rust spots and everything seems to be working well the only thing I’ve changed on the car was the battery, serpentine belt, and alternator I got the car last year and it had the K&N filter and TBS on it and I only got the cats taken on out on it as well
Old 12/29/22, 07:08 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,866 Likes on 2,112 Posts
Originally Posted by Slow3VStangy
The car I have has roughly around 152xxx km on it and the condition overall I would say is great the paint is still really good I have no rust spots and everything seems to be working well the only thing I’ve changed on the car was the battery, serpentine belt, and alternator I got the car last year and it had the K&N filter and TBS on it and I only got the cats taken on out on it as well
Must Be Nice Not Having to Have Cats if You Don't Want Em. Here in Cal. They Smog Check Cars every two years Back to the Mid 70's! Yeh, it's Crazy. Anyhoo Just to Add a Couple of Thoughts. If You Have Not Checked Your car for Open Recall's Give Your Local Dealer a Call with the Vin to Check! Free Repairs. Next thought it may Need Spark Plugs Now or at Some Point and If you are Not aware it can be an ordeal! Here is a Great Write Up So you See what I mean!

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...ite-up-522706/

KC
Slow3VStangy (12/29/22)
Old 12/29/22, 08:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,529 Likes on 1,047 Posts
rough ballpark SWAG's:
  • aftermarket intake (maybe not K&N, I think there are better ones) = 10-20 HP
  • throttle body spacer = 0 (bigger throttle body also = 0)
  • longtube headers = 20-30 HP
  • off-road x-pipe = 0-5 (but will create hassles with the government)
  • Axle-backs = 0-5 (this is for sound not performance)
  • the intake and the headers will require a tune
  • total maybe 30-50
The following 2 users liked this post by Bert:
m05fastbackGT (12/30/22), Slow3VStangy (12/29/22)
Old 12/30/22, 03:27 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,140 Likes on 1,720 Posts
I'm also on the same page with Bert on all the above... Therefore, I would most definitely follow his recommendations...
Slow3VStangy (12/30/22)