General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

How Much Do You "Vroom"?

Search this Thread

Old 9/8/13 | 05:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

I too love to hear my exhaust. I have had Roush since I got my 2013 . But something in me "snapped"recently and I re-installed my stock mufflers. I guess the Roush mufflers wanted to stay on , I had to fight to get them off. One came off sooner than expected and gave me a black eye and the other side had to be beat on with a hammer to get it to let go. I feel like I have a new car since it is so quiet ! But the mechanical sounds of the 302 and its transmission make an entirely different music. Sort of like the 327 and the muncie in my 65 Vette. I'm going to enjoy the quiet and anonimity for a while and let the neighbours enjoy their peace . I know I will want new mufflers in the near future but they will be more conservative than Roush , maybe some stock GT 500's would be a nice change and I can Vroom again.
Old 9/8/13 | 05:44 PM
Bullitt Member

I just returned from a nice Vroom session on the local back roads. I needed to test my new lowered suspension and dyno tune. Lets just say the fun was over way too soon. However if the weather is clear I Vroom to and from work. Especially from work.
Old 9/8/13 | 06:53 PM
Legacy TMS Member

I vroomed a LOT this last tank of gas. When I was nearing E, and I had only covered 200mi, I just laughed haha. But I still got about 235 on this tank, which equated to 17mpg combined. I was pretty surprised. I beat on it a lot. I've seen 21 when I'm conservative, but it's also an old 100k 2v so I can't complain. I'm hoping if I get the Coyote in next year, it'll go up, with my power