General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

How Much Do You "Vroom"?

Search this Thread

Old 7/26/13, 07:02 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How Much Do You "Vroom"?

"Vroom" may seem like a silly onomatopoeia for using the ponies under your hood, but I figured it was better than "Zoom" which Mazda owners did once upon a time (Zoom-Zoom). So how often do you use the power of your Mustang throughout normal day to day driving?

I like to think I "Vroom Responsibly" at least in my own eyes. I have rather mild driving habits, but if needed I have no problem going to WOT or as close as needed to pass cars going under the speed limit or other not so intelligent (in my opinion) drivers.

How do you drive your Mustang?

Last edited by DRaider90; 7/27/13 at 05:41 AM.
Old 7/26/13, 07:36 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
There are days when I just use mine as transportation, but most days I enjoy driving it and VROOM from time to time. It's pretty tough to resist.
Old 7/26/13, 07:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

I usually roll my windows down and get on it fairly often to hear my exhaust. The other day I passed a car that was going 40 in a 50. I looked down at the speedo and I was going 90. oops
Old 7/26/13, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

I also like to think I "Vroom Responsibly", but I like to get on it at every opportunity, especially on any curve or on-ramp. Why else own a muscle car if not for the pure joy of driving it? I will never understand the push to develop cars that drive themselves, but whoever is behind it should just take the bus.
Old 7/26/13, 11:39 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I've only had my GT since April and I've only had a couple of opportunities to Vroom. OTOH, I've had a few instances of 6-10 year old boys having fixated on the 'Stang (pointing, chattering) so a literal "vroom-vroom" as I go by left them jumping up and down, waving, and smiling. Passing the torch, I guess.
Old 7/27/13, 10:27 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
All the time. Love that sound. And also,

Every.
Day.
I leave work.

vroom... vrrooOOOM.... *traffic clears up* VRAAAAUWWWWWWWWWWWMMMMM!!! *shifts to 2nd* BAAAWWWRRRRUUUUUUUUMMMMMMMMM! *cools it, it's the cops*
*doin' the 50MPH speed limit of the feeder.*

She gets a good carbon in the tailpipe clearing event pretty much every day I drive her. I've seen grandma'd cars, they're not pretty, and the one time you do need to stomp on it? Amazing what suddenly decides it doesn't wanna work no more.

Stomping on the gas is a good thing, and should be done with regularity to keep the slow creepy breaking stuff at bay. Even carboned up valves will changes the springs where they don't close right.

I know... I've seen it. It's... weird man.

/Then again, I've also seen a blown head gasket between cyls 1 and 2 on a 2.3L Turbo SVO motor where the pressures and temps had literally warped the block and head to a mated 1/4" (!) gap between the cylinders. Literally unbelievable unless you saw it.
Old 8/1/13, 09:59 AM
Cobra Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Drive it like I stole it....nearly every time I leave the house, I test the high speed shifting, clutch speed shifting function, traction control options, tires ability to gain traction, and wife's ability to calmly comment that "it felt like about 120" and never miss a word in her book.....and she is correct at guessing the speed every time. Plus making sure the exhaust has that perfect sound. Then I realize I passed a cop, missed the street I wanted, and have a huge grin on my face.

Driving a Mustang is great....even for grandpa.....lol
Old 8/1/13, 02:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Everytime I drive it, I DD a 1.5L 76hp honda so when I get to drive my 5.0 I have atleast 1-2 pulls. Mostly when I get to merge on the interstate I roll into 2nd, run 3rd out and that's about how "crazy" I get.
Old 8/1/13, 07:38 PM

Every on ramp, and any back road that gives me some wide open space. Love hearing the sound of a blower, turbo. Always fun to pass people driving like its Sunday too.
Old 8/1/13, 07:42 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Saleen675
Every on ramp, and any back road that gives me some wide open space. Love hearing the sound of a blower, turbo. Always fun to pass people driving like its Sunday too.
+100
Old 8/2/13, 06:04 AM
Cobra Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I've never WOT our GT500. I'll give it 70% getting on the highway but it's @ 80 before I get half way through 2nd gear. One day I'll take it to the track for some WOT fun.
Old 8/5/13, 02:22 PM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I vroom as often as possible - love the exhaust, roll the windows down and just .... listen. tunnels are especially fun to vroom in

it is way to easy to get going too fast though. I was driving in to work this morning and taking it easy on the highway, it's a 55 zone that turns into a 65. I had it on cruise because there are a ton of cops in that area. Up the cruise to 68 when it changes to 65, pass someone on the right and I see Mr. Sheriff behind me ('bout half mile back). I slow down to 65 and move to the right, he gets a couple hundred yards behind me and turns on the radar... love having the detector and that I was going 65 when he zapped me...

going home though is another story, I'll blast out of work whenever possible and VROOM the whole way home!
Old 8/9/13, 06:30 PM

I vroom as much as possible. Drive my car how it was meant to be driven. Got it sideways a couple of times, spin the tires when I can. I love having a v-8 with a manual trans!
Old 8/11/13, 11:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I drive Lauren Renee with a little bit of "vroom" around town...

On the open road though, we perform the "Right Foot and Accelerator Symphony in Ford Mustang Major"...
Old 8/13/13, 12:10 PM
V6 Member

I take my Mother in law to church every Sunday and this last week we took my new to me Stang with the top down. I told her I would drive slow since she didn't want her hair messed up. She said in her 80 yrs that this was the first time she ever rode in a convertible. After church she said we could go fast now So we hit the road and some triple digits right quick she was all GRINS.
Normally I just lay low, cruise and enjoy it.
Old 8/13/13, 12:29 PM

I do as much as possible. I also love to hear my exhaust. My 05 has side exhaust so I love also to down shift and hear the throat pop when I slow down..
Old 8/13/13, 12:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by The Breeze
I take my Mother in law to church every Sunday and this last week we took my new to me Stang with the top down. I told her I would drive slow since she didn't want her hair messed up. She said in her 80 yrs that this was the first time she ever rode in a convertible. After church she said we could go fast now So we hit the road and some triple digits right quick she was all GRINS.
Normally I just lay low, cruise and enjoy it.
That's awesome. I love how it was after church lol...said her prayers just in case? Haha
Old 9/8/13, 09:47 AM

I love the sound of my pipes; unless it is early in the neighborhood I "vroom" all the time.
Old 9/8/13, 04:20 PM
GT Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Skylar
I usually roll my windows down and get on it fairly often to hear my exhaust. The other day I passed a car that was going 40 in a 50. I looked down at the speedo and I was going 90. oops

^ This happens often ^
Old 9/8/13, 04:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 109 Likes on 95 Posts
I'm a vroom junky. Not always but I love the sound. Under bridges, on and off ramps, stop lights. I try not to do it in my own neighbor hood.

Last edited by GrnT; 9/8/13 at 04:52 PM.