General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Be honest....any regrets?

Search this Thread

Old 7/4/14, 10:44 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
I don't know, the '69 and '70 are pretty **** good looking too. My dad's first new car was a '70 SS 454. He still regrets selling it.
Old 7/4/14, 09:00 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Come to think of it, '67 was a pretty great year for cars; most all the manufacturers had one or more models I would have loved to have had in my driveway. Unfortunately, none of them made one I could afford to buy... at least until a couple years later!

Back on topic, I only regret that I didn't order mine a few months earlier.
Old 7/4/14, 09:37 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tbear853
[/URL]
That looks very close to my old '67 Malibu. Same color and wheels but mine wasn't an SS. Mine was in pretty rough condition so I didn't miss it when I sold it but my son reminds me often that he wishes I had kept it...for him.
Old 7/5/14, 08:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
My only regret is that I never have enough cash to do the mods I want to do
Old 7/5/14, 09:36 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got a really good price on a base GT manual w/ 3.73. There was no way I was going to convince my wife to trade my then-current car on anything more expensive since it was only a couple years old. But, I would, of course, have liked leather and nav. But I put about 36k miles a year on my cars so I'll have another opportunity soon enough, I'm sure.
Old 7/7/14, 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by bkrell
But I put about 36k miles a year on my cars so I'll have another opportunity soon enough, I'm sure.
How do you put on so many?
Old 7/7/14, 02:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ShouldagottheGT

Probably driving.... haha
Old 7/7/14, 02:38 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by ShouldagottheGT

Lol, yeah I have a 64 mile one-way commute every day to work. At which you may say, "that's a lot of gas!" But, nah...in the 5.0...it's a lot of fun.
Old 7/9/14, 06:35 PM
V6 Member

I would have loved to buy a GT that will be my next Mustang when I live on my own. Right now my parents are paying for my insurance. Since its about the same as my tC just a little bit more since our lender wanted a $500 deductible instead of $1,000. And a GT will add a lot to my insurance.
Old 7/10/14, 07:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Automatic 5.0
I wish I had gotten the Gotta Have It Green but the Sterling Grey Metallic is still a nice color. However the green needs black stripes to look the best while the grey does just fine with or without stripes.
If I had waited a little longer, I might have gotten a better deal but my old daily driver was in need of some things to keep it going good for a few more months like tires and taillights. I did get my 2014 GT back in August for 29400 out the door with the automatic as the only option. Not too bad.

I feel the same way. GHIG was my first choice in color but the only GT around in that color was a premium convertible that was loaded up and the dealership owner was periodically driving it so it had some miles on it.

I settled for the SGM which I have learned to love. I also bought my car last August. It is a base car with only the automatic as an option and I paid $28,400 for it.

I guess my one regret is that I didn't order the color I wanted instead of having to have it "now".

Wayne
Old 7/10/14, 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
Hindsight they say, is 20/20.

Anyone have second thoughts about your decisions.....mods you now wish you hadn't done, options you had to have but now don't need...and vice versa? Color choices? Body style?

My regret is not knowing about this forum before I pulled the trigger. I had a lot of pre-conceived notions about colors and packages, and with the supply of available 2014's dwindling, there weren't a lot of choices that I could see up close and personal. My first choice was Black w/401A Brick Red but couldn't find one east of the Mississippi with a stick.

But this was etched in stone and I stuck to it...my Mustang had to be a 2014 GT Premium 'vert with a stick shift with NO electronics/nav or Brembo. Absolutely no second thoughts in those regards.

But I didn't like SGM (too boring), Race Red (too speeding ticket prone) a CS (too gimicky), or a Black on black (no pop).

I ended up with Black and 401A Black/Cashmere and I'm actually thrilled to death with it....forget what I said about no pop....the interior makes this car. It grows on me more and more each day and the comments and "wows" I get make it all worthwhile.

But after seeing so many of your cars here and at shows, I wish I had kept a more open mind about SGM...it's become one of my favorite colors on the Mustang, coupe or 'vert. And in my on-line searches there were plenty around with 401A Black/Cashmere. I regret dismissing SGM.

Same with a GT/CS....in RED!!! There was one within 100 miles of my dealer at the time I got mine, but I dug my heels in and said "no way" to a red CS. After seeing one in person recently, I wish I hadn't been so pig-headed.

I guess it all boiled down to making sure it was a GT Prem 'vert and it had to have a stick....color was secondary so late in the game. Had I been in a position to buy a Mustang several months ago, selection would have been more plentiful. But you gotta be there when the gun goes off.

But my face is stuck in permanent smile mode, so that trumps second guessing.

Tom
My only regret is that I am too shy for my 2014 GT Convertible in Grabber Blue. My Boris turns heads, and those heads have eyes, and those eyes... Well, they stare at everything, lol. I've purchased multiple head bands, scarves, etc., to match my outfits and to keep my unruly hair in place
Old 7/11/14, 05:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Boss 0960
I regret that my Boss is starting it's sixth week in a dealer's service back lot with only 6,000 miles on it.
Update to above...My Boss finished it's third transmission rebuild last week and it's still not fixed. I had the service manager drive it this week and he managed to grind second second gear right out of his lot. It has now been in service departments' custody for a full eight weeks now and waiting to hear their next step while I crunch and grind second gear on my way around town.

It's official. I regret buying a Mustang.
Old 7/11/14, 09:08 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
I got exactly the color I had wanted since 1970, along with the stripes I had wanted (extended across the front and rear ends). It was available at the time I wanted it with a price that was in my ballpark. Might have held out for a 5 speed but got the auto in case the wife wanted to drive it. 15 months in and she hasn't sat behind the wheel.

Once the warranty is up I might look at substituting the center console stack for the back up camera/nav package in the AM catalog. I'd feel better and may even have one now if it was made by a company that I'd actually heard of. As it is, the nav on my Droid Raz'r fits all my needs and I have back up assist.

Oh, and another 5-10 MPG with no loss of power would be nice. Listening, Ford?

(Just kidding)

Last edited by junkman9096; 7/11/14 at 09:10 PM.
Old 7/11/14, 09:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Update to above...My Boss finished it's third transmission rebuild last week and it's still not fixed. I had the service manager drive it this week and he managed to grind second second gear right out of his lot. It has now been in service departments' custody for a full eight weeks now and waiting to hear their next step while I crunch and grind second gear on my way around town. It's official. I regret buying a Mustang.
Pretty sure you're into lemon law territory in every one of the states that has it...sadly.

On a good note, I ripped off a perfect 1-2-3-4 tonight, twice. I had been hitting the brick wall in between 2-3 here and there. But then, the car was warmed up, so maybe that was it.
Old 7/12/14, 12:26 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Pretty sure you're into lemon law territory in every one of the states that has it...sadly.

On a good note, I ripped off a perfect 1-2-3-4 tonight, twice. I had been hitting the brick wall in between 2-3 here and there. But then, the car was warmed up, so maybe that was it.
Canada does not really have a direct equivalent of a lemon law. Buy backs are extremely rare.
Old 7/12/14, 01:46 AM
GT Member

Canada does not really have a direct equivalent of a lemon law. Buy backs are extremely rare.
If it makes you feel any better my 5.0 has been in the shop the vast majority of the last 2 months and now they're saying they won't fix it. Getting ready to fight it however. Less than 14k miles and only a year old!
Old 7/12/14, 06:50 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Ah didn't realize you were up there. T-56 swap?
Old 7/12/14, 07:40 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Ah didn't realize you were up there. T-56 swap?
Not on my budget. I can afford the Boss but I'm not about to spend $6-8K on it any time soon. Especially when it's under warranty and has been faulty pretty much since new.
Old 7/12/14, 09:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Not on my budget. I can afford the Boss but I'm not about to spend $6-8K on it any time soon. Especially when it's under warranty and has been faulty pretty much since new.
You shouldn't have to. Regardless of the owner's location, any manufacturer should show more concern for customer satisfaction than has been demonstrated to you. Please keep us informed of future developments. Good luck.
Old 7/12/14, 11:52 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,139 Likes on 818 Posts
Get Deysha involved at for Customer Service. Bet she can help. Might send her a PM.

Quick Reply: Be honest....any regrets?