General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

hi all!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 7/4/12, 03:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking hi all!!!!

thought id say Hello to you all.....im a newby from wales GB and have been checking out this site for advice on my next purchase!ive seen a stunning 2009 4.6 gt which i am very interested in, however, can anyone offer advice as to weather this would be a good family car??i want something with these stunning looks, and the power it can offer, but i prefer to cruise than to race!!fuel cost is not an issue.....also how do these cars handle in wet weather?we get a lot of rain here all year through!as im used to the more conventional car (seat, bmw,ect), is there anything i will not be able to handle on this car?the mustang ive seen is priced at £7,995 and looks in very good condition but im unsure of the average selling price so any advice would be gratefully received!
thanks for your time everyone!hope to speak soon and hopefully post some pics of my new toy!!
Old 7/4/12, 06:36 AM

Probably not a great family car. Relatively small back seat..Other than that. Great car
Old 7/4/12, 07:05 AM
Bullitt Member

First what part of Wales? My family is from Swansea. Now, how many miles are on the car? What options are on the car? The room in the back seat is about the same as the BMW 325 series, so not a great family car. Let's see $8000 BP is about $16000 US dollars, so for a 2009 Mustang, the price is good as long as the miles are low for the age of the car.
Old 7/4/12, 07:10 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
they handle rain and snow pretty well as long as you have all season tires on there. Some performance tires do ok in the rain but all seasons usally do a lot better in the rain. If you have to deal with baby seats I would say nit a good car for that. I am alomost 6 foot tall and have spent a few miles in the back seat without being to uncomfortable. I wouldn't want to spend 500 miles back there.
Old 7/4/12, 10:15 AM

Thumbs up response

hi all, thanks for ur replies,
answer to the first question, im from bridgend in south wales.
secondly, the car im looking at is on 30,000, heres a copy of the write up from seller!

ABSOLUTELY IMMACULATE 2009 FORD MUSTANG 4.6 GT V8 COUPE

AUTO TRANSMISSION

FINISHED IN UNMARKED GREY METALLIC WITH COMPLIMENTING LIGHT GREY LEATHER UPHOLSTERY

USUAL SUPERB GT SPEC SPEC

ETC

HPI CLEAR ( FULL GOLD EXPERIAN REPORT SUPPLIED TO THE NEW OWNER )

30,000 MILES FROM NEW

MY GT IS IN IMMACULATE CONDITION INSIDE AND OUT AND IS A ABSOLUTE JOY TO DRIVE JUST AS A MUSTANG SHOULD BE

THE NEW OWNER CAN ONLY BE HIGHLY DELIGHTED WITH THE PURCHASE OF THIS SUPERB ICONIC CONVERTIBLE SO
IF ANYBODY IS INTERESTED IN TALKING ABOUT THE CAR OR PRICE PLEASE DONT HESITATE TO PHONE ME ON
Old 7/4/12, 12:13 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome to TMS!
Old 7/5/12, 11:19 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Welcome to the forum Nikki. I can't say anything more than the others have said about the Mustang. It is a great car. But, for a family with children it may prove a challenge.
Old 7/5/12, 04:27 PM

Ive pm'd you but check out the forum we are on over here.
www.s197.co.uk. You can check out cars for sale and get an idea.
Old 7/8/12, 06:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hello Nikki and welcome to TMS!

I am amazed at how many Mustang enthusiasts there are in Europe and around the world.