General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Help please

Search this Thread

Old 10/30/18, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help please

Hello people I just got a 03 mustang base v6 engine and I missing the mass air flow sensor harnnes conector like I show in the picture but I can't find one I don't know why is to hard if anybody knows where I can find one I appreciate thanks
Old 10/31/18, 08:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
More context is needed. The connector is part of the main engine bay harness, so if it's missing...

Amazon Amazon

That's the pigtail you can splice in, but I'm wondering what else is chopped up if that's your issue, that someone cut the mass air out...
Old 10/31/18, 08:58 PM

03 mustang

I just brought the car on a auction and is my first mustang , I have check engine code p0113 which is someting with the mass air flow sensor , the complete sensor was missing so I bought one and like I said the connection is missing too
Old 11/1/18, 12:54 PM

03 mustang

Originally Posted by houtex
More context is needed. The connector is part of the main engine bay harness, so if it's missing...

https://www.amazon.com/Motorcraft-WP.../dp/B004SJLADA

That's the pigtail you can splice in, but I'm wondering what else is chopped up if that's your issue, that someone cut the mass air out...

This is my car like is visibly i missing like the adapter or i don't know how is called
Old 11/1/18, 01:18 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts

Looks like you are missing everything after the plug I circled. Surley Ford or some place like Rock Auto would have what you need.
Old 11/1/18, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by SpectreH

Looks like you are missing everything after the plug I circled. Surley Ford or some place like Rock Auto would have what you need.
ok I will thank you
Old 11/1/18, 01:54 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
This might be the harness you need: https://lmr.com/item/LRS-ADPTVX/must...-adapter-96-04

Also, you probably need the sensor itself.
Old 11/1/18, 08:54 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 667 Likes on 541 Posts
Ok, so with that context, I went a huntin'. That plug is for a secondary harness, Ford Part Number: 1R3Z-12B566-AA. It runs from that plug to two, not one, sensor: The MAF and the Air Charge Temperature sensor. So you'll need that harness, a MAF and a ACT, plug them all in, and done.

Problem is, that harness is discontinued. So your likely only hopes are to either find a 3.8L at the junkyard and scavenge the harness that way, or get *really* lucky. That, or get a Ford wiring diagram and direct-splice the connectors needed for the MAF and the air temp sensors that the harness is for. The air temp should be under the airbox. Ford sells all those connectors, so maybe hit up a Ford dealer and see if you can get them to look it up and get 'em for ya.

Don't be fooled by other -12B566- harnesses you might see. It should be only this one. There are others you might find that're for a Lightning or a Mustang GT, and I'm thinking (but don't actually know) they won't work for you here.

And I see them two blue scotchlocks. Makes me wonder if the harness still has good integrity overall... good luck, man. Hope this gets you closer.

Last edited by houtex; 11/1/18 at 08:59 PM.
Old 11/1/18, 09:14 PM

03 mustang

Originally Posted by houtex
Ok, so with that context, I went a huntin'. That plug is for a secondary harness, Ford Part Number: 1R3Z-12B566-AA. It runs from that plug to two, not one, sensor: The MAF and the Air Charge Temperature sensor. So you'll need that harness, a MAF and a ACT, plug them all in, and done.

Problem is, that harness is discontinued. So your likely only hopes are to either find a 3.8L at the junkyard and scavenge the harness that way, or get *really* lucky. That, or get a Ford wiring diagram and direct-splice the connectors needed for the MAF and the air temp sensors that the harness is for. The air temp should be under the airbox. Ford sells all those connectors, so maybe hit up a Ford dealer and see if you can get them to look it up and get 'em for ya.

Don't be fooled by other -12B566- harnesses you might see. It should be only this one. There are others you might find that're for a Lightning or a Mustang GT, and I'm thinking (but don't actually know) they won't work for you here.

And I see them two blue scotchlocks. Makes me wonder if the harness still has good integrity overall... good luck, man. Hope this gets you closer.

Thank you for the info , so i found this on ebay looks like the perfect fit for my car so im goin to buy and let see what happen again thank you for the info ,was very helpful