General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Help with my 2007 Mustang!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 8/1/20, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help with my 2007 Mustang!!!!

Hey all.

I'm having an issue with my mustang. Almost every morning when I put my car in reverse and turn the steering wheel there are loud clacking noise one after another. CLACK......CLACK......CLACK......CLACK....coming from the front of the car.....My mechanic changed links...but noise is still there....it's louder in the morning. anyone else have this problem or know what it could be??!?!?!!?
Old 8/2/20, 02:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
Here's the list, because there's just not enough information to actually say: Upper steering rod (universal joint). Power steering rack. Power steering rack bolts loose. Power steering pump. Tie rod ends, inner or outer. Ball joints. Struts. Strut mounts. Spring isolators. Control arm bushings. Fender splash shields. Hoses/tubings for brakes. Brake calipers. Wheel hub bearings. Cradle (K member) bolts loose. And/or any other loose bolts/mounts/things/? that might be involved. Even the bolt for the looped pipe of the power steering that's mounted in the middle of the K member.

I... think that's about it.

The best way to determine is to get it on an alignment rack on the hockey pucks, take the pins outta the pucks so they'll move around, and then turn the wheels while it's lifted up and the mechanic can use a stethoscope/screwdriver/good ears to figure out where it's coming from and get that fixed. My guess is ball joint or strut mount, but I'd do the rack check first.

Hope that helps, welcome aboard, and Go Crew Dragon, welcome home Bob and Doug, beauty, eh?!