General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Help all 2013 mustang owners with pony package

Search this Thread

Old 10/26/12, 10:24 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Help all 2013 mustang owners with pony package

I have a simple question... do you guys/gals have rear mats? Or just the front embroidered mats with the mustang logo?

I just noticed the other day when the kids climbed into the back that there were no rear mats??? WTF? does anyone have a 2013 with pony package that can confirm or deny if thiers came with rear mats? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by 2013FORD; 10/26/12 at 10:25 PM.
Old 10/26/12, 11:35 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 2013FORD
I have a simple question... do you guys/gals have rear mats? Or just the front embroidered mats with the mustang logo?

I just noticed the other day when the kids climbed into the back that there were no rear mats??? WTF? does anyone have a 2013 with pony package that can confirm or deny if thiers came with rear mats? Thanks in advance.
No late model Mustangs come with rear mats. If you want carpeted rear mats you have to buy custom aftermarket mats. Ford has accessory rubber mats in a set of four.

Last edited by watchdevil; 10/26/12 at 11:40 PM.
Old 10/27/12, 03:16 PM
Bullitt Member

I ordered the all weather mats with mine. I immediately put the rear mats in because the kids were making a mess back there. The rear mats are shaped like a T and go under the front seat. The part that goes under the back passengers feet are small. I have yet to put the front mats in and prefer to use the PP mats for now. The good news is that the rear mats are easy to remove and clean. They are also deep so they catch all the goldfish, leaves and other nonsense the kids drop back there.
Old 10/28/12, 12:07 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by watchdevil
No late model Mustangs come with rear mats. If you want carpeted rear mats you have to buy custom aftermarket mats. Ford has accessory rubber mats in a set of four.
Thank you for your info. However, that is just the most rediculouse thing I ever heard. I purchase the pony package which come with embroidered front mats but bo rear mats at provided? this is crazy...
Old 10/28/12, 12:09 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by chessmanmark
I ordered the all weather mats with mine. I immediately put the rear mats in because the kids were making a mess back there. The rear mats are shaped like a T and go under the front seat. The part that goes under the back passengers feet are small. I have yet to put the front mats in and prefer to use the PP mats for now. The good news is that the rear mats are easy to remove and clean. They are also deep so they catch all the goldfish, leaves and other nonsense the kids drop back there.

I'm trying to follow.... dis you purchase the pony package and actually get rear mats?
Old 10/28/12, 02:06 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I'm trying to follow.... dis you purchase the pony package and actually get rear mats?
No he is saying he has the all weather 4 piece rubber mat set which are only sold over the counter as an accessory from the Ford parts department. I have the same set and just use the T shaped rear rubber mats while i only use the front rubber mats during bad winter weather.
Old 10/28/12, 02:08 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Thank you for your info. However, that is just the most rediculouse thing I ever heard. I purchase the pony package which come with embroidered front mats but bo rear mats at provided? this is crazy...
Yes Ford is being cheap. And yes it is stupid.
Old 10/28/12, 04:40 PM

Can't believe you let your kids in the car. I waited till I was sixty to buy dream gt. I've had it since June 30th and it just turned 2000 miles. Hasn't seen rain, and haven't had to wash it. I'll make sure it stays that way. It'll be hibernating for the winter when the first snowfall comes.

Last edited by rumblee1; 10/28/12 at 04:42 PM.
Old 10/28/12, 05:13 PM
Banned

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by rumblee1
Can't believe you let your kids in the car. I waited till I was sixty to buy dream gt. I've had it since June 30th and it just turned 2000 miles. Hasn't seen rain, and haven't had to wash it. I'll make sure it stays that way. It'll be hibernating for the winter when the first snowfall comes.
???? and you think this is a good thing?
Old 10/28/12, 07:43 PM
Bullitt Member

Did you buy it as an investment?

Don't be a garage queen. Life is too short. Get that car out of your garage and drive it like it was stolen.
Old 10/28/12, 07:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by watchdevil
No he is saying he has the all weather 4 piece rubber mat set which are only sold over the counter as an accessory from the Ford parts department. I have the same set and just use the T shaped rear rubber mats while i only use the front rubber mats during bad winter weather.
Yes. Thanks for clarifying. I use the PP mats in the front and the all weather mats in the back. I will switch to the AWM in the front when it gets sloppy out there.
Old 10/31/12, 04:52 PM
Xar
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I think you're missing out on the weekly wash bonding time, plus all the driving you could be doing... I've had mine since June and already have 6300 miles on it. I love driving it, I drive it every day, and the only other person who ever drives with me is my 6 year old son, and I drive him to school... All the other 'rents drive the kids in minivans, my son goes in a GT....

Anyhow, good for you if you are keeping it safe and clean, my style is a bit different.

AND - to keep this on topic (sorta) I need rear mats too... I do have a rule, no eating in my car, so there are no goldfish back there, but... kids are kids
Old 10/31/12, 10:12 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by chessmanmark

Did you buy it as an investment?

Don't be a garage queen. Life is too short. Get that car out of your garage and drive it like it was stolen.
Especially if he is sixty!