General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Guys I'm Sick

Search this Thread

Old 6/10/12, 01:26 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firetruck, that just sucks... Completely. I also agree with Phiggs54. I too run around paranoid over the numbskulls, not only on the roads, but in parking lots, and well, anywhere. Had one try to take me out today, texting or something, started drifting over into my lane in a curve. Just missed.

Now, as for the damages, others here may be right about what this will do to your car's value, so what I suggest is that you part it out, starting with the engine, oh and that snappy little X-brace and seat delete, yeah, I might be willing to make you an offer... And that radiator? Sure, oh, and you have those brake ducts, right? Tell you what, why don't you just pull it on over to my place and I'll list for you all the parts I don't want...LOL

In all seriousness, it's not likely to be a big deal, and if I were you, I'd ask for the itemized list of parts replaced and work done. That's one way to establish the relatively trivial nature of a repair. In other words, do like my wife: Build a file on your car, and that way, if you ever DO decide to sell it/trade it, you have all the data.
Old 6/10/12, 02:33 PM
V6 Member

thanks guys. I'm keeping her. I did write a letter to the body shop, stating that since the rear plastic bumper was the only visible damage, no metal seemed to be involved, i'm hoping. I want to take pics of the damage behind the plastic stuff. just for future records. since i only use microfiber tiles on the finish, to just hose the dust and dirt off. don't wipe on it at all and no overspray. the bumper will most likely be preped and painted off the car. I'm hoping the damage is confined to just the plastic stuff.
Old 6/10/12, 03:02 PM
GT Member

Firetruck, that's good. I'm glad it is minimal...but if you change your mind and decide to part it out...LOL

Seriously, I guess as good as the news can be in this scenario. Sorry for your troubles, but glad it wasn't worse.
Old 6/11/12, 09:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SCHMOKN
Make sure you file a diminished value claim
Absolutely look into this - if your insurance policy does not cover this, put in a claim with the other person's insurance.
Old 6/11/12, 11:45 AM
V6 Member

here are some pics of the damage.
Attached Thumbnails Guys I'm Sick-022-medium-.jpg   Guys I'm Sick-023-medium-.jpg   Guys I'm Sick-024-medium-.jpg   Guys I'm Sick-025-medium-.jpg   Guys I'm Sick-026-medium-.jpg  

Guys I'm Sick-029-medium-.jpg   Guys I'm Sick-027.jpg  

Last edited by firetruck; 6/11/12 at 11:47 AM.
Old 6/11/12, 12:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by firetruck
here are some pics of the damage.

I had my whole front facia replaced (piece of sheet metal on the road damaged the original) and then when I did it I got a custom street scene facia. My front facia never showed up on the carfax. I think everyone is making a mountain out of a mole hill in this case since its the rear facia that got damaged and not even enough to crack it. Lucky for me I have a great body guy.

Last edited by GreenCars; 6/11/12 at 12:27 PM.
Old 6/11/12, 01:05 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by GreenCars
I had my whole front facia replaced (piece of sheet metal on the road damaged the original)
I asked the shop when I got my key job fixed. He said as far as body work, carfax is only involved in accidents - not comprehensive.
Old 6/11/12, 01:50 PM
GT Member

OMG

Was the 94 nova that hit you hurt?
Old 6/11/12, 02:38 PM
Cobra Member

Sorry to hear about your situation. I also got hit (backed into front end) while parked. Ultimately the car came out better than new. How will that affect my carfax??? I have to assume when it's just a few k in damage, most people will know NO HARM NO FOUL. But, I'm most likely wrong. Good luck getting the level of repair that your fine automobile deserves.
Old 6/11/12, 07:23 PM

Insist on a new replacement LS from the insurance company.
Old 6/12/12, 09:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

This makes me just want to take my car home right now (sitting in parking lot at work). I am absolutely sick for you, and I wish you the best. It made me think though, maybe it is time to consider leaving the gun at home while driving my Boss.
Old 6/12/12, 01:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

That sucks so bad. Glad you're ok though!
Old 6/12/12, 04:32 PM
V6 Member

found out on monday, that the guy had no coverage. so i had to file on mines, along with the deminish value.
Old 6/12/12, 04:37 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 643 Likes on 463 Posts
Originally Posted by firetruck
found out on monday, that the guy had no coverage. so i had to file on mines, along with the deminish value.
Sons of *****es. I'm so sick of these ****ers running around with no insurance and mine just keeps going up and up.

I better stop there, I don't want to offend anyone.
Old 6/12/12, 05:33 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

Sons of *****es. I'm so sick of these ****ers running around with no insurance and mine just keeps going up and up.

I better stop there, I don't want to offend anyone.
My wife is a circuit court judge and most of them little f***** have warrants for various vehicle infractions. That's why they don't have insurance. In this state, proof of insurance must be provided before plates and registration will be issued. Still those little ..... Get behind the wheel.
Old 6/15/12, 05:57 AM
V6 Member

more pics
Attached Thumbnails Guys I'm Sick-001.jpg   Guys I'm Sick-002.jpg   Guys I'm Sick-005.jpg   Guys I'm Sick-008.jpg   Guys I'm Sick-010.jpg  

Old 6/15/12, 03:59 PM

Don't know where you are from but my family owns and runs a body shop in central Ohio. We as many other shops take pride in doing great work on cars (especially nice cars) and often they do turn out better than original. I know it doesn't fix what's been done but the right shop will do good work. I would recommend a smaller well established shop over a large shop. I've seen a lot of poor work from larger shops. Good luck with all!
Old 6/17/12, 06:19 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Does the "rep" on the panel mean repair or replace?
Old 6/17/12, 10:31 AM
V6 Member

The center trunk piece is replaceable. it's a seperate piece that has a removable seem and is ordered through ford. the the right and left light mounts (repair)have small, dents that can be taking out.

Last edited by firetruck; 6/17/12 at 11:53 AM.
Old 6/17/12, 11:26 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
firetruck, that hurts me to see the damage. I can't imagine how sick it makes you. Hope all come out well, and glad your OK.

Quick Reply: Guys I'm Sick