General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

First reaction

Search this Thread

Old 3/13/13, 07:14 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by RedGT12
So your walking out of the store or wherever, you see some one in process of keying your mustang or some fashion of vandalism. What's your first reaction??!!, "now this is on purpose, not an fender bender accident, big difference"

If you go give him a black eye, it's not like it's the old days where you can get away with it right?
I know for myself I wouldn't let it go unpunished. So say you knocked him around, would you get in trouble for protecting what's yours.
So I love what if stories and will play them out all day long in my head! Like all day! But... I'm wondering... what started this curiosity?

I honestly think one of two things would happen with me... mostly depending on the dude's size or their numbers...

1: Go ape on the dude
2: Freeze at first... then get pissed at my iPhone for not loading the camera fast enough... then hop in my car... follow the guy until we get to a good spot where the sticky bridgestones and all 400+ horsepower can deliver a solid hit and push off a bridge or into an oncoming semi... then go ape. It's merely the principle.
Old 3/13/13, 07:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Krohn

So I love what if stories and will play them out all day long in my head! Like all day! But... I'm wondering... what started this curiosity?

I honestly think one of two things would happen with me... mostly depending on the dude's size or their numbers...

1: Go ape on the dude
2: Freeze at first... then get pissed at my iPhone for not loading the camera fast enough... then hop in my car... follow the guy until we get to a good spot where the sticky bridgestones and all 400+ horsepower can deliver a solid hit and push off a bridge or into an oncoming semi... then go ape. It's merely the principle.
A guy either on this forum or Another posted something about how his new stang got keyed and he couldn't do anything about it, so I just ask the curiosity question, what if you saw the crime happen in action.
I honestly believe in today's society, if I went all "ape" on the guy like you said, The other guy would be the victim. And not me
Old 3/13/13, 08:02 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 949 Likes on 577 Posts
Originally Posted by RedGT12
A guy either on this forum or Another posted something about how his new stang got keyed and he couldn't do anything about it, so I just ask the curiosity question, what if you saw the crime happen in action.
I honestly believe in today's society, if I went all "ape" on the guy like you said, The other guy would be the victim. And not me
It really depends on the state and the individual state's criminal laws, not civil laws (that's a whole different ball game). In the south if you mess with someone's car, it's basically a 'freebie' to knock the criminal on his a$$ when he's destroying your personal property. Even if you were charged with a misdemeanor by an aggressive prosecutor (not likely) very few juries would convict if you simply stated, "The guy was destroying my car. He wouldn't stop." Now if it was a foreign car, you might get convicted.

Last edited by NC14GT; 3/13/13 at 05:00 PM.
Old 3/13/13, 01:02 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
In a nut shell. My first thought is who will go my bail. Because as we say in the south, somebody's fixin' to get an a$$ whoopin'.

Last edited by wanted33; 3/13/13 at 01:05 PM.