General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

First reaction

Search this Thread

Old 3/9/13, 05:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First reaction

So your walking out of the store or wherever, you see some one in process of keying your mustang or some fashion of vandalism. What's your first reaction??!!, "now this is on purpose, not an fender bender accident, big difference"

If you go give him a black eye, it's not like it's the old days where you can get away with it right?
I know for myself I wouldn't let it go unpunished. So say you knocked him around, would you get in trouble for protecting what's yours.
Old 3/9/13, 06:10 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
They would probably be on the receiving end of a broken arm and dislocated shoulder
Old 3/9/13, 06:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
well officer I was trying to detain him until you arrived and he took a swing on me. I had to defend myself. After all he has already demonstrated hostility towards me by vandalizing my car. He tried to run and tripped and fell on his face.
Old 3/9/13, 06:32 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by RedGT12
So your walking out of the store or wherever, you see some one in process of keying your mustang or some fashion of vandalism. What's your first reaction??!!, "now this is on purpose, not an fender bender accident, big difference"

If you go give him a black eye, it's not like it's the old days where you can get away with it right?
I know for myself I wouldn't let it go unpunished. So say you knocked him around, would you get in trouble for protecting what's yours.
Yes, you would, It's called assault.
Old 3/9/13, 06:36 PM
Cobra R Member

That's one thing I love about living in GA. You would only get a charge for protecting your property in public only if you use a weapon while outside of your car. Now say you're in your car and someone tries to car jack you, while they are trying to get in your car you can shoot them dead, and no charges will be filed
Old 3/9/13, 06:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BRADGTCS
well officer I was trying to detain him until you arrived and he took a swing on me. I had to defend myself. After all he has already demonstrated hostility towards me by vandalizing my car. He tried to run and tripped and fell on his face.
Well Sir since you were protecting your Mustang a beat down seems perfectly acceptable in this case. However if you were driving a Camaro I would have to take you to jail because there would have been nothing of value to protect.
Old 3/9/13, 07:06 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by bluethunderhorse
That's one thing I love about living in GA. You would only get a charge for protecting your property in public only if you use a weapon while outside of your car. Now say you're in your car and someone tries to car jack you, while they are trying to get in your car you can shoot them dead, and no charges will be filed
They don't film "the first 48" in Georgia and Texas for nothing.
Old 3/9/13, 07:07 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Don't **** with a man's car or wife.

And in that order!
Old 3/9/13, 07:16 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

And in that order!
Old 3/9/13, 07:23 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

And in that order!
The worst I've ever done to anybody's car was, zip tie condoms around the tail pipes
Old 3/9/13, 07:34 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by bluethunderhorse

The worst I've ever done to anybody's car was, zip tie condoms around the tail pipes
I hope they were new
Old 3/9/13, 07:36 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by 11SHELBYGT500

Yes, you would, It's called assault.
What would Carnage do?!
Old 3/9/13, 07:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri

What would Carnage do?!
Hahahahaha he would rip the **** out of him just for fun. Lol
Old 3/10/13, 05:13 AM
Cobra Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Take a picture of him doing it, and wait til he gets in his car and take a picture of the car and the license plate if possible. Then call the cops. I'm not sure how insurance companies handle vandalism to vehicles, or whether you would even want to go through them.

If you take him to court (with the afore-mentioned pictures as evidence), getting a favorable civil judgement in court is quite a bit different from actually collecting any settlement you might win. Beyond court costs, the court isn't responsible for making sure the defendant pays the settlement - you are. If you use a lawyer to handle it, he'll get his fees (from the other guy), but you may never see a dime.

If you're gonna end up paying for the repairs out of pocket, you may need to find other ways to satisfy your desire for some modicum of "justice", however that is defined by you. If it were me, I'd :

0) Find a chemical that almost immediately strips paint, and apply a generous helping to his car. If you're feeling especially artistic, apply it with a paint brush and draw a big ***** on his doors.

1) Slice his tires (do the sidewall - it's not repairable).

2) Find something that damages rubber seals, and apply that to his windows.

After he gets all that stuff fixed:

3) Get some gorilla glue (or fast-acting epoxy) and glue his fuel door shut.

4) For good measure, apply the epoxy to the seams of his hood and doors.

5) Once he replaces his tires, let the air out of his tires, and then gorrilla glue the valve stem so he can't re-inflate them.

6) You could also glue a 2x4 or thin strips of aluminum to his windshield. He'd have to replace the windshield.

7) Sugar (or valve-grinding compound) in the gas tank is also a guaranteed way to mess up the engine.

In the end, it depends on how creative you can be, and how often. And then, wait a year, and do it all again.

Last edited by jsimmons; 3/10/13 at 05:20 AM.
Old 3/10/13, 07:44 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jsimmons
Take a picture of him doing it, and wait til he gets in his car and take a picture of the car and the license plate if possible. Then call the cops. I'm not sure how insurance companies handle vandalism to vehicles, or whether you would even want to go through them.

If you take him to court (with the afore-mentioned pictures as evidence), getting a favorable civil judgement in court is quite a bit different from actually collecting any settlement you might win. Beyond court costs, the court isn't responsible for making sure the defendant pays the settlement - you are. If you use a lawyer to handle it, he'll get his fees (from the other guy), but you may never see a dime.

If you're gonna end up paying for the repairs out of pocket, you may need to find other ways to satisfy your desire for some modicum of "justice", however that is defined by you. If it were me, I'd :

0) Find a chemical that almost immediately strips paint, and apply a generous helping to his car. If you're feeling especially artistic, apply it with a paint brush and draw a big ***** on his doors.

1) Slice his tires (do the sidewall - it's not repairable).

2) Find something that damages rubber seals, and apply that to his windows.

After he gets all that stuff fixed:

3) Get some gorilla glue (or fast-acting epoxy) and glue his fuel door shut.

4) For good measure, apply the epoxy to the seams of his hood and doors.

5) Once he replaces his tires, let the air out of his tires, and then gorrilla glue the valve stem so he can't re-inflate them.

6) You could also glue a 2x4 or thin strips of aluminum to his windshield. He'd have to replace the windshield.

7) Sugar (or valve-grinding compound) in the gas tank is also a guaranteed way to mess up the engine.

In the end, it depends on how creative you can be, and how often. And then, wait a year, and do it all again.
Rofl
Old 3/10/13, 07:56 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13
Rofl
The real lesson here is never mess with my car and allow me to find out where you live.
Old 3/10/13, 08:06 AM
Cobra Member

Here's another idea - deflate one tire, and refill it with fix-a-flat, and then remove all the wheel weights. If possible, do the tire on the opposite corner of the car as well.
Old 3/10/13, 08:30 AM
Mach 1 Member

Here's another idea - deflate one tire, and refill it with fix-a-flat, and then remove all the wheel weights. If possible, do the tire on the opposite corner of the car as well.
Really thinking this one through!! Like the ideas, wouldn't want any of it done to me, but I don't plan of messing ones car up.

"Not gonna fall for banana in tail pipe"
Old 3/10/13, 08:55 AM
Cobra R Member

Brake fluid, if he has a fiberglass hood it will soak in and paint will never stick to it again.
Old 3/13/13, 07:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Sec. 9.31. SELF-DEFENSE. (a) Except as provided in Subsection (b), a person is justified in using force against another when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to protect the actor against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful force. The actor's belief that the force was immediately necessary as described by this subsection is presumed to be reasonable if the actor:
(1) knew or had reason to believe that the person against whom the force was used:
(A) unlawfully and with force entered, or was attempting to enter unlawfully and with force, the actor's occupied habitation, vehicle, or place of business or employment;
(B) unlawfully and with force removed, or was attempting to remove unlawfully and with force, the actor from the actor's habitation, vehicle, or place of business or employment; or
(C) was committing or attempting to commit aggravated kidnapping, murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, robbery, or aggravated robbery;
(2) did not provoke the person against whom the force was used; and
(3) was not otherwise engaged in criminal activity, other than a Class C misdemeanor that is a violation of a law or ordinance regulating traffic at the time the force was used.
(b) The use of force against another is not justified:
(1) in response to verbal provocation alone;
(2) to resist an arrest or search that the actor knows is being made by a peace officer, or by a person acting in a peace officer's presence and at his direction, even though the arrest or search is unlawful, unless the resistance is justified under Subsection (c);
(3) if the actor consented to the exact force used or attempted by the other;
(4) if the actor provoked the other's use or attempted use of unlawful force, unless:
(A) the actor abandons the encounter, or clearly communicates to the other his intent to do so reasonably believing he cannot safely abandon the encounter; and
(B) the other nevertheless continues or attempts to use unlawful force against the actor; or
(5) if the actor sought an explanation from or discussion with the other person concerning the actor's differences with the other person while the actor was:
(A) carrying a weapon in violation of Section 46.02; or
(B) possessing or transporting a weapon in violation of Section 46.05.
(c) The use of force to resist an arrest or search is justified:
(1) if, before the actor offers any resistance, the peace officer (or person acting at his direction) uses or attempts to use greater force than necessary to make the arrest or search; and
(2) when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the force is immediately necessary to protect himself against the peace officer's (or other person's) use or attempted use of greater force than necessary.
(d) The use of deadly force is not justified under this subchapter except as provided in Sections 9.32, 9.33, and 9.34.
(e) A person who has a right to be present at the location where the force is used, who has not provoked the person against whom the force is used, and who is not engaged in criminal activity at the time the force is used is not required to retreat before using force as described by this section.
(f) For purposes of Subsection (a), in determining whether an actor described by Subsection (e) reasonably believed that the use of force was necessary, a finder of fact may not consider whether the actor failed to retreat.

Well officer, I saw him committing a crime against me, I confronted him and he reacted in a way that made me fear for my safety.

I didn't get a CCL in Texas to allow myself to be a victim.

I'm surprised that no one mentioning forms of retribution mentioned loosening the brake bleeder nut and removing the nipple from one tire. Takes about 10 seconds and they won't notice until they are driving.

Last edited by Moustang; 3/13/13 at 07:17 AM.

Quick Reply: First reaction