General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

EEk

Search this Thread

Old 8/2/05, 10:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've never had the back end step out on me in my 05. Compared to my 02, the 05 is very well planted.

The 02 would step out on just the tiniest bit of rain.
Old 8/2/05, 11:30 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't have my new Stang yet... and my current Stang has no TC but I thought the whole purpose of having it was so the car would handle/driver better.

So why would anyone ever turn it off?
Old 8/2/05, 12:53 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by Imatk@August 2, 2005, 12:33 PM
I don't have my new Stang yet... and my current Stang has no TC but I thought the whole purpose of having it was so the car would handle/driver better.

So why would anyone ever turn it off?
I don't turn it off. I just plain don't have it....

And I freaking did it again today. It had JUST started sprinklin.....Only a fishtail this time fortunately.
Old 8/2/05, 08:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Bro slow your but down i'm warning you.. I totaled one because of sprinkign slow it down by 10-20mph below the speed limit as soon as it starts if you love your car you will do it
Old 8/2/05, 09:38 PM
GT Member

I never drive with the traction control on, (well I did for the first two months or so) today it had rained and I did a good controllled skid from my parking spot to the red light... on my way home I have to take the loop from I55 to I12 its a pretty dangerous onramp when it's dry simply ridiculus when its wet... I have gotten my '02 loose on several occasions there usually at about 75MPH scared the heck out of me at first but now I just ease off the throttle and upshift... Maybe you should just take off in second gear when it's wet out.
Old 8/3/05, 08:53 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Ellies an Auto six........

I need to learn to quit driving like a bat out of Hades. My Dad says if I wouldn't take off like a jackrabbit, I would be a lot more careful and not use two tanks of gas a week anymore.

Honestly- this summer has been EXTRA rainy, and when it has JUST started raining I didn't think it would be so slick outside.
Old 8/3/05, 08:54 AM
Retired Tms Staff

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
April, you need to lighten up that heavy foot of yours by the sounds of things.
Old 8/3/05, 09:05 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

I have really really been trying to be good......But I can't even leave her parked a full day......Love her too much.
Old 8/3/05, 09:12 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
If you love her as much as you say you do than you know you need to take it easier during certain road conditions.

BTW does your hiney hurt from kicking yourself in "it" for NOT getting the TC?

Please be careful cause there are people out there who love you more than you love your Mustang!
Old 8/3/05, 09:16 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

NO-
I didn't want ABS or TC......I am a little sad about her being an auto though.

Eleanor just happened to roll off the truck with everything I was looking for-sans Manual.

Just for clarity- I do not drive around like a big headed idiot all the time......I do have my fun moments though. I rarely if ever speed in her, and I treat her like one of my children. There are times though when I gotta let loose.

AND If my children are in the car with me- I drive like Granny as well as when its raining out. This weeks summer storms just kinda popped up on me though, and I underestimated oily roads.
Old 8/3/05, 09:38 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have no real stories for the Mustang. I've fishtailed some when I've whipped her around corners, all deliberate.

The car before the 'stang, though, the Camaro, that thing would wanna spin out from pigeon poo on the ground. That rear was so light, I'd always have to feather the gas.
Old 8/3/05, 09:47 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Originally posted by GhostTX@August 3, 2005, 10:41 AM
I have no real stories for the Mustang. I've fishtailed some when I've whipped her around corners, all deliberate.

The car before the 'stang, though, the Camaro, that thing would wanna spin out from pigeon poo on the ground. That rear was so light, I'd always have to feather the gas.

Funny thing about those camaros- I had one in high school- I spun it trying to stop at a redlight once........It scared the bejesus out of me, and the cops came with the blue lights cause they thought I was trying to be reckless........AND I didn't get a ticket .
I have been driving boring cars for so long(sunbird,elantra,neon,alero) that driving Eleanor to me is a total adventure everytime I get behind the wheel.
Old 8/3/05, 11:26 AM
Bullitt Member

With all this torque, these cars can get away from you on wet pavement with or without TCD. You might want to consider taking a high performance driving course before you do yourself or your pony a serious injury.
Old 8/4/05, 08:18 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Don't worry about me- I am not going to hurt anything.
I have learned this week to be more careful if it clouds up.
Old 8/4/05, 08:39 AM
Mach 1 Member

First time I let my sis-in-law drive the car it was on a rainy day so I took her into a subdivision to drive it around. First corner she got on it a little and the back end jumped out a little. Had to explain to her the driving dynamics of rear wheel drive cars in general and muscle cars in particular. Shoud've started with the speech............. She was mortified since she loves cars, especially mine, and had visions of a wrecked Mustang in her head. Live and learn. I spun out in my 92 LX 5.0 so I couldn't really blame her.
Old 8/4/05, 09:09 AM
Cobra R Member

I'll give a quick lesson since for once I can contribute something meaningful, instead of reading about all the knowledge you guys and gals always have..

The reason why the road is so slick when it first rains is that there is a layer of rolled up rubber all over the road. Bare with me on this...

As people drive around rubber comes off their tires due to friction and the natural wear of the tires, it comes off in "rubber *****" or little rolled up pieces of rubber. This creates a thin layer on the road over time, especially if it has not rained for a while. When it first starts to rain you basically have this rubber and the water mixing, this is why light rain is so dangerous in the beginning. Heavy rains will eventually wash this off the road but you have to contend with hydro problems then.

This is also what creates black ice, the rubber and light freezing rain makes a thin ice that is hard to see because of the black rubber mixed in with it.

Lesson over, glad after all these years I can finally contribute something meaningful after all the info you have given me.

Now I will wait for Scothews comments ....