General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Does Saleen do one-off parts?

Search this Thread

Old 12/4/05, 06:58 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does Saleen do custom stuff or are they a take-it-or-leave-it company?

Once I take delivery of the Mustang I'd like to order their rear bumper / exhaust combo, but I don't like that black plastic black-out panel. Our plates are smaller than the US ones and would fit above the tail-pipes...

Are Saleen able to do these modifications or would I have to find somewhere locally that can do them?

Anyone know the material for the bumper and how easy it is to modify?

This is what I want to achieve:

And up-front would retain a retro style rather than the Saleen bumper

Old 12/4/05, 07:01 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think you would have to fab it yourself. Would probally be pretty difficult as I think the Saleen bumper completly replaces the stock one.
Old 12/4/05, 07:02 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I wouldn't hold my breath on Saleen helping you out with those mods. JMO~
Old 12/4/05, 07:09 PM
V6 Member

The bodykit I saw on a friend's one looked like the black-out panel was completely seperate, so just not installing that would be the easy part.

Front is an easy one too, I just don't order their bumper

It's just the lower section of the rear bumper where it gets tricky... I want it at the very least without the Saleen engravings... and if they can do it with an indentation similar to the OEM bumper so the license plate lights can be re-used then that would be perfect, but I'm thinking they shift enough cars every year that this is more trouble than it's worth to them.

Anyone know the material?

If they can do it completely smooth then I can make a license plate mount with a 1 cm lip round it that would let me recess the plate slightly and look good at the same time.

Their concept pictures don't have the engraving on it so I'm hoping they have that mold around somewhere, or if they still have the car I wonder if they'd sell that particular bumper and put a produciton one on it.

My concern is with the heat and vibrations over the tail-pipe... I don't know how well just body-filler would take care of those engravings...
Old 12/5/05, 12:06 AM
Bullitt Member

Given enough money and time, saleen will probably do anything you want them to. Of caorse it probably wouldnt anywhere near what you would want to pay. I would guess it would cost at least a couple of thousand.