General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Do V8 owners look down on V6 mustangs?

Search this Thread

Old 1/21/13, 08:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do V8 owners look down on V6 mustangs?

Just wondering if people do or if it's sorta something people do in secrete. Also this isn't a v6 vs v8 thread. Just asking if people (not the ones on here) look down on the v6.
Old 1/21/13, 08:16 PM
Bullitt Member

They tend to. At least the ones I know do. People who don't own a Mustang put down the V6 engine.
Old 1/21/13, 08:21 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
IBTL
Old 1/21/13, 08:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 03DJ
They tend to. At least the ones I know do. People who don't own a Mustang put down the V6 engine.
I wonder if anyone looked at a mustang on the road and said "nice.....oh wait it's just a v6" I think that's a very common thing for most V8 owners to say, to be honest.
Old 1/21/13, 08:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan
I wonder if anyone looked at a mustang on the road and said "nice.....oh wait it's just a v6" I think that's a very common thing for most V8 owners to say, to be honest.
I tend to say that.......
Old 1/21/13, 08:37 PM
V6 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yep.. "A six, ohh man" is a common shock most people have when they see my Roush.. That's because most wouldn't expect a 6 under the hood of such a sinister car.. I laugh, because its more rare, and with the mods I have and the blower I'm installing over the winter, I'm well over 400 to the rear, and a lot lighter! But as an owner of a variety of vehicles I understand the nostalgia of an 8 mustang. I'm just more annoyed by the people who give me sh*t for having an automatic. I don't waste the time explaining to those people that I had broke my neck and have severe weakness in my left leg making it very unsettling to effectively pop a clutch. I just look beyond their ignorance, usually to see a Honda keychain on their keyring..
Old 1/21/13, 08:39 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by sickroush
Yep.. "A six, ohh man" is a common shock most people have when they see my Roush.. That's because most wouldn't expect a 6 under the hood of such a sinister car.. I laugh, because its more rare, and with the mods I have and the blower I'm installing over the winter, I'm well over 400 to the rear, and a lot lighter! But as an owner of a variety of vehicles I understand the nostalgia of an 8 mustang. I'm just more annoyed by the people who give me sh*t for having an automatic. I don't waste the time explaining to those people that I had broke my neck and have severe weakness in my left leg making it very unsettling to effectively pop a clutch. I just look beyond their ignorance, usually to see a Honda keychain on their keyring..
Honestly I have a automatic. I have arthritis in both my knees and take shots for it every two weeks. Other than that I'd love a stick shift. Also I would imagine someone saying to you why bother putting that kind of money in a V6. I see that a lot on YouTube.
Old 1/21/13, 08:41 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I've never seen a 6 cylinder Roush.
Old 1/21/13, 08:45 PM
V6 Member

Yep.. I get that.. The car started as a "budget" toy car.. Gone wild.. By the time I added up the receipts I Figd it'd be best to hide them from my wife! Ha. I hear you on the arthritis.. My knees too are shot. I'm a retired athlete turned healthcare professional, so I know all too well about the injections you get.
Old 1/21/13, 08:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

It's not a actual Roush. It's the body kit they sell. Though I do admit no matter what engine you have if it looks nice, it looks nice! Yeah the injections are annoying and they don't take away all the sore/pain from arthritis.

Last edited by TheMuffinMan; 1/21/13 at 08:46 PM.
Old 1/21/13, 08:46 PM
Bullitt Member

I know even my 60 year old mother would have given me a bunch of grief if I'd have bought a V6. No point in getting a Mustang or Camaro without an 8. If you're getting a six, you have options. V8, rear drive? You really only have the big three and some high end Germans.
Old 1/21/13, 08:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Von Bek
I know even my 60 year old mother would have given me a bunch of grief if I'd have bought a V6. No point in getting a Mustang or Camaro without an 8. If you're getting a six, you have options. V8, rear drive? You really only have the big three and some high end Germans.
Please that post was unneeded and had nothing to do with the purpose of the thread.
Old 1/21/13, 08:48 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown

In '05 there was a long waiting list for the new redesign in V8 form.. So Ford authorized some dealerships have Roush stage 1 appearance packages on the V6. Mine is 1 of 12 that I've found. Roush also made a special package specific for V6 owners to but aftermarket, but it was a little more "toned down" than the package I have.
Old 1/21/13, 08:50 PM
Bullitt Member

In '05 there was a long waiting list for the new redesign in V8 form.. So Ford authorized some dealerships have Roush stage 1 appearance packages on the V6. Mine is 1 of 12 that I've found. Roush also made a special package specific for V6 owners to but aftermarket, but it was a little more "toned down" than the package I have.
I heard they made a 2013 Roush v6 as a option now!
Old 1/21/13, 08:57 PM

A mustang is a mustang and is/ should be appreciated by any car lover. ...305 hp and great gas mileage...who in their right mind could not appreciate that!
Old 1/21/13, 08:58 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan

I heard they made a 2013 Roush v6 as a option now!
Yep.. Hey any way to capitalize on profits! It's pretty easy for them really. Intake, suspension, exhaust, and appearance pckg = the 2013 Roush RS (roush six)
Old 1/21/13, 09:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by GrampsV6
A mustang is a mustang and is/ should be appreciated by any car lover. ...305 hp and great gas mileage...who in their right mind could not appreciate that!
To be honest I hate when people bring up gas mileage. The v6 gets all of 2 miles per gallon over the GT.
Old 1/21/13, 09:02 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts

There's douchebags in all walks of life. Mustang owners are no exception. Who cares what they think? They probably have a lot of other shortcomings too.
Old 1/21/13, 09:04 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Besides,

Secretaries and teenagers need Mustangs too!

Old 1/21/13, 09:08 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

There's douchebags in all walks of life. Mustang owners are no exception. Who cares what they think? They probably have a lot of other shortcomings too.
Exactly.

They buy Shebys.

Quick Reply: Do V8 owners look down on V6 mustangs?