General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Disappointed

Search this Thread

Old 7/22/14, 10:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Disappointment

UPDATE 7/28/14
I have heard zero back since I requested a refund last Friday when I got an empty box delivered to me at work. I requested a callback, no callback. Spoke to a rep at AM just now and they are "supposed to" issue a credit back to my card by Wed. Fingers crossed, since my charging lamp was lit the whole way to work, need to get this replaced stat!

Well I bit the bullet and ordered a PAPerformance 130 amp alternator from AM because my stock alternator is starting to go, getting intermittent Check Charging System warnings from it. Battery is new and checks out.
Well I get in to work yesterday and the alternator is waiting for me in the lobby. Its in a box barely big enough to fit it and had one wrap of bubble wrap(!) around it. mostly flattened, box corners all rounded. I had prepared myself for this possibility from the AM reviews, hoping they go their shipping act together.
I open the box and the alternator has a big dent on the pulley lip and doesnt spin true, quite a wobble actually. So I call AM and get told send pictures and video and someone will get right back to me. A day later and a couple emails and PM to one of the reps here and nothing...
Called again this morning and another rep says hang on while he checks the pics/video I sent. He comes back and says they will open a claim with UPS and I am to expect after submitting the claim to wait ten more business days after filing for a response. So I am looking at at least two more weeks with no alternator. I even asked the rep that if the site feedback indicated a problem with how these were being shipped and packaged, why had that not been addressed to prevent future customers from going thru this and he said thats how PA ships them to AM.
Of course had I been at work to inspect it when UPS was here I could have dealt with them directly.
Long and short of it, be prepared, if you order a PAPerformance alternator from AM you "may" be in for some disappointment. Lets hope UPS can get it squared away quickly so I can get my money back and get an alternator before I am stranded. $300 bucks is not chump change these days.

*Disclaimer*
I am in no way bashing AM, UPS or PAP, just putting up a caution flag. My dealing with AM has been stellar in the past and UPS is, well UPS...

Last edited by Womprat; 7/28/14 at 02:07 PM. Reason: To update
Old 7/22/14, 10:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
I would just returned it for a refund and picked up a more or less stock alt instead. So do they understand you have to walk everywhere now?
Old 7/22/14, 10:33 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Sure they can blame UPS but i feel like the shipper should have at least packaged it better.
Old 7/22/14, 10:34 AM
Former Vendor

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Womprat
Well I bit the bullet and ordered a PAPerformance 130 amp alternator from AM because my stock alternator is starting to go, getting intermittent Check Charging System warnings from it. Battery is new and checks out.
Well I get in to work yesterday and the alternator is waiting for me in the lobby. Its in a box barely big enough to fit it and had one wrap of bubble wrap(!) around it. mostly flattened, box corners all rounded. I had prepared myself for this possibility from the AM reviews, hoping they go their shipping act together.
I open the box and the alternator has a big dent on the pulley lip and doesnt spin true, quite a wobble actually. So I call AM and get told send pictures and video and someone will get right back to me. A day later and a couple emails and PM to one of the reps here and nothing...
Called again this morning and another rep says hang on while he checks the pics/video I sent. He comes back and says they will open a claim with UPS and I am to expect after submitting the claim to wait ten more business days after filing for a response. So I am looking at at least two more weeks with no alternator. I even asked the rep that if the site feedback indicated a problem with how these were being shipped and packaged, why had that not been addressed to prevent future customers from going thru this and he said thats how PA ships them to AM.
Of course had I been at work to inspect it when UPS was here I could have dealt with them directly.
Long and short of it, be prepared, if you order a PAPerformance alternator from AM you "may" be in for some disappointment. Lets hope UPS can get it squared away quickly so I can get my money back and get an alternator before I am stranded. $300 bucks is not chump change these days.

*Disclaimer*
I am in no way bashing AM, UPS or PAP, just putting up a caution flag. My dealing with AM has been stellar in the past and UPS is, well UPS...

Yikes! That's no good at all! Can you possibly shoot me a PM with your order number so I can look into this for you? I can't have you running around on foot and I want to get you back on the road asap!

Alex
Old 7/22/14, 10:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Alex,
Thanks for reaching out to me so promptly, a PM has been sent
Old 7/22/14, 11:37 AM
Former Vendor

Alex,
Thanks for reaching out to me so promptly, a PM has been sent
You're very welcome! I just shot your a reply. Please let me know if you have questions, I'm here to help get this fixed!

Alex
Old 7/22/14, 11:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Thank you Alex, PM replied!
Old 7/23/14, 08:16 AM
Former Vendor

Thank you Alex, PM replied!
PM Replied! Your replacement is shipping as we speak! Let me know if there's anything else I can help out with in the meantime.

Alex
Old 7/23/14, 08:51 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm glad this worked out considering I just spent a crap-ton of money at AM yesterday. lol
Old 7/23/14, 08:56 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
I would never bash AM but I would UPS.
I can't even count how many items let alone car parts that have fell victim to their careless hands.
Old 7/23/14, 09:05 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by Getportfolio
I would never bash AM but I would UPS.
I can't even count how many items let alone car parts that have fell victim to their careless hands.
I wouldn't blame UPS either. The guy who packed that alt should have done a better job packing. We all know most of the carriers out there toss packages around like they just don't care.
Old 7/23/14, 09:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
I wouldn't blame UPS either. The guy who packed that alt should have done a better job packing. We all know most of the carriers out there toss packages around like they just don't care.
Hi Glenn,
Who do these carriers (employess) work for? UPS right? Seems that the company needs to get their employees to carefully handle the packages and the company (UPS) is fully responsible.
I am on board with Pat. UPS is fully at fault if their employees are screwing up by tossing around packages.
BTW, UPS just about a month ago broke a beatiful Mustang Clock that I ordered for my shop. It was replaced by the company I bought it from, however it was thrown or dropped severly. That kind of crap shouldn't happen and again, UPS needs to train it's employees to take better care of packages or those that don't care should be fired...
Take care,
Phil

Last edited by Phil_R; 7/23/14 at 09:42 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 7/23/14, 11:57 AM
Bullitt Member

I have had lots of issues with UPS, I dont understand why companies use them or complain more to get them to step it up. It is a situation that could have been prevented, and for those down the road hopefully they will not experience it.
Ultimately, AM provided the amazing customer service that keeps me coming back, and I cant say enough good things about that!
Old 7/23/14, 01:13 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have had lots of issues with UPS, I dont understand why companies use them or complain more to get them to step it up. It is a situation that could have been prevented, and for those down the road hopefully they will not experience it.
Ultimately, AM provided the amazing customer service that keeps me coming back, and I cant say enough good things about that!
I can't stand UPS. Not only are they the slowest shipper in my experience, multiple times they've left a ticket on my door while I was home and waiting for a package b/c they're so behind they can't bother to knock. Now you have to come back on another just-as-busy day, geniuses.
Old 7/23/14, 03:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I recently purchased a 3d carbon GT500 spoiler from a junkyard off of a wrecked GT. They wrapped the spoiler in bubble wrap, very well I might add. I received the part and one corner of the spoiler was broken. I called UPS to file a damage claim and they told me that they would send an investigator to review it. I told them that the packaging was cut off because of how well it was taped up. They said it wasn't an issue. The next day, UPS showed up to "investigate" and said they needed the item packed up so they can take it to the local office for investigation. I packed it and they took it. Three days later, the junkyard called me asking me why I refused shipment. It appears that UPS sent it back to them and said I refused delivery because it was broken. I spent 6 weeks arguing with UPS for stealing the spoiler from me. They said the local office was investigating and they shipped the spoiler back to Nashville. I never authorized that and told them I was out the product and the money I spent on it. The junkyard finally sent me my money back. UPS said the item wasn't packaged correctly and I argued that they shouldn't have accepted it when they picked it up if it wasn't packed right. Either way, UPS was at fault in my situation also because they accepted what they said is unacceptable packaging and then they damaged the product.
Old 7/23/14, 05:17 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts
Last Fall I ordered a set of take off wheels and tires from Roush and the wheels were palletized and shipped via UPS.

Fast forward, they arrive to my house and the ups man says he will breakdown the pallet and pass me each wheel as it will be easier than getting the whole pallet down off the truck. No problem right?!!

Wrong.

He takes a box knife to the top wheel, slices through the plastic wrap and the top rim!! Gashes right into the pretty new take off wheel. If he wasn't so apologetic about it I would have went off on him.

Seriously, there should be a box on their employment application that says "do you possess common sense?" Check Yes or No

Last edited by Getportfolio; 7/23/14 at 05:18 PM.
Old 7/23/14, 07:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Getportfolio
Last Fall I ordered a set of take off wheels and tires from Roush and the wheels were palletized and shipped via UPS.

Fast forward, they arrive to my house and the ups man says he will breakdown the pallet and pass me each wheel as it will be easier than getting the whole pallet down off the truck. No problem right?!!

Wrong.

He takes a box knife to the top wheel, slices through the plastic wrap and the top rim!! Gashes right into the pretty new take off wheel. If he wasn't so apologetic about it I would have went off on him.

Seriously, there should be a box on their employment application that says "do you possess common sense?" Check Yes or No
Wow! I would have been heated.

But common sense isn't common haha. I witnessed a FedEx driver hit a speed bump in my neighborhood doing about 35mph. His bobtail ****in' bounced on the pavement and I could hear boxes getting tossed around as he drove by. Unfortunately, these types of jobs require the bare minimum of intelligence.
Old 7/24/14, 09:15 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Critical Mass
I'm glad this worked out considering I just spent a crap-ton of money at AM yesterday. lol
Hey! Shoot me a PM with your order number in there and I'll throw something in your order for you!

Alex

I've been in the same boat as well. I know it's apples to oranges but it was fairly expensive knife through a large online retailer and it was in a few pieces when I opened it up! They've been great for us but I've seen a few slip ups! I've had the OP's info sent over to our merchandising team as well as our warehouse to this corrected. We're always here to help out no matter what so again if anything's ever to come up don't hesitate to let me know and I'm here to help make things right!

Alex
Old 7/25/14, 11:15 AM
Bullitt Member

Hi Alex,
Well it does not get better sad to say. Today came back from lunch and the PAPerformance box is sitting on the floor at the main desk, original small box like the first on, except the corners arent all rounded off. Thought they were gonna package it better but whatever. Lift the box....EMPTY, freaking empty, the PAPerformance seal is slit and only bubble wrap in the box. Walked in with three other co-workers who can bear witness to my being completely b******t.

Wasnt this going to be inspected it before it shipped, because if thats the case then it was never re-sealed with any packing tape. I left you a PM, please call me.
Not happy.

Last edited by Womprat; 7/25/14 at 11:53 AM.
Old 7/25/14, 01:26 PM
Bullitt Member

Well at least my weekend opened up...

Last edited by Womprat; 7/25/14 at 02:04 PM.

Quick Reply: Disappointed