General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Dealerships expierences

Search this Thread

Old 11/8/04, 12:05 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

ok guys i may go thru a ford dealer in the fairfield, vallejo, vacaville, sacramento, san jose areas...im pretty sure i want a CPO car (seems like a great warranty for a used car) for those in the northern area of CA, please tell me your expierences w\ford dealerships good or bad, i need to hear em please ty
Old 11/8/04, 07:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
I called a dealer this Saturday. She said they have a red-fire GT in. I asked details and she said she ran out to catch the guy before test driving it. Sounded good. So I said it will take me 1 hr to get there. Hold the car for me. When I got close, I called to tell her I was around the corner. I got there and she said the car sold 2 minutes ago.

Actually it was ok, because she was misinformed on some of the options, and I did not want it anyway.
Old 11/8/04, 09:04 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

When I went to the Ford Dealership in the spring of this year to inquire about the new 2005 Stang the dealer and his sales forces had no information. It turned out that thanks to Brad that I had more information on the new product than Ford Canada. When I went into the dealership on September 25, 2004 the salesman that I normally deal with wanted a copy of the American Price List that I have in my possession and a copy of the information that I had gleened from this site. All he had was the Canadian Price List. When I gave the salesman the exact order that I wanted he was quite suprised that I had figured out all the codes and pricing. So I would suggest that the best way to approach a dealership is to have more information and knowledge on the product that you want than the dealer can provide. Salesmen I have found tend to be a little vary of knowledgeable people. After all knowledge is power.
Old 11/8/04, 11:36 AM
Bullitt Member

oh yea, i friggin HATE it when the salesguy is trying to BS me and its clear and i know what the heck im talking about and they keep going on and on like they know more because they work at the dealer...ive done sales, and normal retail says...i hate the biz, but im in it because im good at it
Old 11/8/04, 09:27 PM
V6 Member

When I was looking at buying my '03 GT, I went to test drive one at a dealership pretty close to me. I didn't know stick at the time, so I took an automatic GT out for a test drive. The sales drone was giving me his whole schtick...how much power it's got, mentioned the stereo, yadda yadda. I'm thinking "Yeah, I know all this...shut up." LOL.

I didn't buy from that dealership. Only because they didn't have the exact car I wanted.

The dealership I did buy from had the car on the lot...I didn't even test drive it. I went up to look at it during the week, then that Saturday, my dad took me up there. Only thing I needed a sales associate for was to help me locate the car, and to haggle the numbers. That was it. 3 1/2 hours after I walked in, I was rolling out with my new GT.

I couldn't even drive it home myself. It's a manual tranny, and I didn't learn to drive manual until the second day I owned the car. LOL.

Just know what you're looking at. Beat them at their "game." The last guy I dealt with before I left the lot (a second sales associate...the first one had to leave early) started to point something out to me about the car, then stopped and said "But you probably already know about that...probably know more about these cars than I do."
Old 11/9/04, 11:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

My main advice, don't be afraid to walk out..they will call you back.