General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Custome tune question

Search this Thread

Old 4/18/13 | 01:18 PM

Custome tune question

I just bought a 04 cobra. As I was changing out a clutch I have noticed several mods made by the previous owner. I noticed the rear end was taken apart at some point (new gears)? I would have to take it apart just to see. Supercharger was taken apart at some point, rebuilt, port polished. Again have to take it apart to see what was done. Now for the tune question. It has a custome tune on it. I don't want to flash it and set it back to factory because it was tuned for the mods that was put on it. I have a SCT tuner, can I down load the custome tune that is in it to see what mods the previous own was accounting for? Would that tune say 4.10 gears, 32lbs injectors, off road h pipe, flow master exhaust, under drive pullies. So It save me time from stripping the entire car apart?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. As always MSF community is the best.
Old 4/19/13 | 07:59 AM
Bullitt Member

The tuner is matched to the on board computer serial number on the car. I don't know for sure if you can download the existing tune that's in the car without messing something up. You might want to call American Muscle and talk to one of the Bama Tune guys. I think they would be able to tell you for sure.
Old 4/19/13 | 08:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Pretty sure that the tuner will download whatever tune is in there now and consider that tune the "factory tune", then allow you to upload whatever tune it's programmed with
Old 4/19/13 | 11:40 AM

I should call AM tech. That is where I bought my SCT tuner. I was just hoping i could look see what mods it was tuned for previous so I knew what mods it has without taking stuff apart just to look. So I made sure to account for every thing when I have a new tune made. But I have to admire tearing down this amazing machine is like opening a Christmas present at every turn. Had the Transmission pulled out to put new clutch in. Rotated the tires and counted the yoke rotation and realized it does have 4.10 gears. To confirm.. Open it up and there was a shiny new Ford Racing gear and pinion. Money saved I didn't have to she'll out that was on my must have mod list.

So mods found so far... Headers, no cat mid h-pipe, cat back, 4.10 gear, under drive pulleys, port/ polish throttle body, port/polished eaton blower, steeda tri state short shifter.

I have added CAI, stag 4 clutch, flywheel, new belt tensioner

Also my Trac off light stays on constant. I can feel the ABS engage/disengage when I hold the button 5 sec and hold the brake pedal. Hoping it was turned of in the old tune. Or new speed sensors here I come.