General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

conceded car drivers

Search this Thread

Old 5/2/13, 06:25 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ronin38
I'm just trying to figure out from your post what you conceded to them. Or did they concede something to you?
I'm thinking he committed a spelling error. That's a really magical dragon by the way.
Old 5/2/13, 07:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whoops I actually meant CONCEITED CAR DRIVERS. I used to be like them too when I was younger when the import craze was going on but now after having a rumbling v8 I can't see myself driving anything less, and thats because I used to have an rb25 powered 240sx. I also used to look down on straight line racing but more and more I'm loving it. I swear nothing feels like the way a good ol v8 feels like. Now my friends think I have somehow gone to the darkside but hey whatever because look whose laughing when they get passed up on the freeway!
Old 5/2/13, 07:43 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by silverbullet5.0
Whoops I actually meant CONCEITED CAR DRIVERS. I used to be like them too when I was younger when the import craze was going on but now after having a rumbling v8 I can't see myself driving anything less, and thats because I used to have an rb25 powered 240sx. I also used to look down on straight line racing but more and more I'm loving it. I swear nothing feels like the way a good ol v8 feels like. Now my friends think I have somehow gone to the darkside but hey whatever because look whose laughing when they get passed up on the freeway!
Mmmmm 240 + Rb, what year??
Old 5/2/13, 10:10 PM

it was a 93 s13 hatch with a rb25det from an r33 skyline gts-t. Motor was stock except for a 3" turbo back exhaust which made the turbo boost fast. I also rewelded the firewall midsection to relocate the motor about 2" back for better weight distribution and thicker radiator and fan clutch clearance.
Old 5/3/13, 04:23 AM
Cobra Member

it was a 93 s13 hatch with a rb25det from an r33 skyline gts-t. Motor was stock except for a 3" turbo back exhaust which made the turbo boost fast. I also rewelded the firewall midsection to relocate the motor about 2" back for better weight distribution and thicker radiator and fan clutch clearance.
Nice, my first car was a 89 240sx, always wanted a SR20det swap.
Old 5/3/13, 04:40 AM
Cobra Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Hey everyone I just wanna say first that I own a 2013 5.0 which I absolutely love, and let me say that I have always loved all cars no matter what make or model as long as you enjoyed it. Lately it seems like every time I go to car meets or hangout with friends there is a whole bunch of hate against mustangs or anything that ain't import. For instance I can't go to a meet without ppl saying oh ya the mustangs have alot of power but can't handle for squat. I guess I just feel like venting because I really have no one to talk to about since most my friends drive imports and always talk down to my car especially since they primarily do autocross and the one day I did it I was completely stock down to the Pirelli all season tires and could not grip for nothing but I didn't care I just kept sliding around! But ever since then all I ever hear is ya your car is fast but just on straights. Omg I'm getting tired of it but I'm not the type of person that is addicted to autocross because our local has such little courses that only the small cars do well. Well sorry to take up your time guys just wanted to speak to fellow mustang drivers.
First, in their limited world of autocross, their little cars will do better, but consider they're heavily modded, and much lighter. They're going to outperform a base Mustang in their chosen environment.

The base 5.0 will make a respectable showing, but can (obviously) be made better. Brakes, shocks, springs, tires, appropriate chassis stiffening, and gears makes the 5.0 a lot more capable.

Second, hang out somewhere else, or don't hang out at all. Chances are pretty good that you will never encounter anyone with the same preferences in cars/mods, and you'll find that everyone is eager for you to spend your money on mods for your car that they'd like to see on their car.

I gave up on car meets for similar reasons. The ricers actually have more interesting cars because they're willing to mod them, where Mustang guys are generally less apt to 'violate their warranty", and the Shelby guys are more worried about resale value so mods are a lot less frequent. I am solidly outside this group.

BTW, your profile indicates you're in Texas, so if you haven't yet, check out LoneStarStangs.

Last edited by jsimmons; 5/3/13 at 04:42 AM.
Old 5/3/13, 07:15 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by jsimmons

The ricers actually have more interesting cars because they're willing to mod them, where Mustang guys are generally less apt to 'violate their warranty", and the Shelby guys are more worried about resale value so mods are a lot less frequent. I am solidly outside this group.
Said ricers likely don't have a warranty to worry about to start with and as the first mod for most of them is a motor swap would it even matter?
Even still if they did have a warranty, what do they have to lose? They can get a motor and tranny for 600 bucks. What's the 5.0 going for now days? 10k? Worth more than your average ricers whole car .
Old 5/3/13, 08:14 AM

I say go to Mustang meets and meet a better class of people
Old 5/3/13, 10:45 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by steven46746
Said ricers likely don't have a warranty to worry about to start with and as the first mod for most of them is a motor swap would it even matter?
Even still if they did have a warranty, what do they have to lose? They can get a motor and tranny for 600 bucks. What's the 5.0 going for now days? 10k? Worth more than your average ricers whole car .
Just as with Mustangs, not all ricers are 15-year old beaters. Besides, most 10-year-old Mustangs are far out of warranty, just like their ricer counterparts. I don't like ricer cars any more than the next (Mustang) guy, but you gotta give 'em props for getting so much juice out of their cars.

Just sayin...
Old 5/3/13, 11:11 AM
Cobra Member

Just as with Mustangs, not all ricers are 15-year old beaters. Besides, most 10-year-old Mustangs are far out of warranty, just like their ricer counterparts. I don't like ricer cars any more than the next (Mustang) guy, but you gotta give 'em props for getting so much juice out of their cars.

Just sayin...
Well you mentioned us mustang guys worrying about our warranties, clearly for us to worry about one, our cars would have to be new enough to still have one.
Old 5/3/13, 12:28 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by steven46746
Well you mentioned us mustang guys worrying about our warranties, clearly for us to worry about one, our cars would have to be new enough to still have one.
Mine is a year old, and paid off, and I'm modding the hell out of it.
Old 5/3/13, 12:37 PM
Cobra Member

Mine is a year old, and paid off, and I'm modding the hell out of it.
That's great man, if you can afford to fix it if it blows, go for it.
Old 5/3/13, 03:41 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is very very simple. if they did not have the common sense to buy a Mustang they are too stupid to give an opinion. LOL