General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

conceded car drivers

Search this Thread

Old 5/1/13, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
conceded car drivers

Hey everyone I just wanna say first that I own a 2013 5.0 which I absolutely love, and let me say that I have always loved all cars no matter what make or model as long as you enjoyed it. Lately it seems like every time I go to car meets or hangout with friends there is a whole bunch of hate against mustangs or anything that ain't import. For instance I can't go to a meet without ppl saying oh ya the mustangs have alot of power but can't handle for squat. I guess I just feel like venting because I really have no one to talk to about since most my friends drive imports and always talk down to my car especially since they primarily do autocross and the one day I did it I was completely stock down to the Pirelli all season tires and could not grip for nothing but I didn't care I just kept sliding around! But ever since then all I ever hear is ya your car is fast but just on straights. Omg I'm getting tired of it but I'm not the type of person that is addicted to autocross because our local has such little courses that only the small cars do well. Well sorry to take up your time guys just wanted to speak to fellow mustang drivers.
Old 5/1/13, 05:31 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Geez your in a bad town or with a bad group of Friends for stangs lol I've never heard any of that while out showing the car. Sure it's been said but not while showcasing what you've got. Give it back to them, there cars are perfect? If there's us fast around corners and yours isn't then yours is fast on straights and there's isn't. I'm sure yours sounds 10x better than all their crap also. Give them that. You can put some lowering springs and do some suspension work as well then I'm sure these novice guys will have nothing to say about corners
Old 5/1/13, 05:33 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by silverbullet5.0
Hey everyone I just wanna say first that I own a 2013 5.0 which I absolutely love, and let me say that I have always loved all cars no matter what make or model as long as you enjoyed it. Lately it seems like every time I go to car meets or hangout with friends there is a whole bunch of hate against mustangs or anything that ain't import. For instance I can't go to a meet without ppl saying oh ya the mustangs have alot of power but can't handle for squat. I guess I just feel like venting because I really have no one to talk to about since most my friends drive imports and always talk down to my car especially since they primarily do autocross and the one day I did it I was completely stock down to the Pirelli all season tires and could not grip for nothing but I didn't care I just kept sliding around! But ever since then all I ever hear is ya your car is fast but just on straights. Omg I'm getting tired of it but I'm not the type of person that is addicted to autocross because our local has such little courses that only the small cars do well. Well sorry to take up your time guys just wanted to speak to fellow mustang drivers.
I feel you man, you may need to remind them that yours was completely stock, while I'm sure w/e imports they were using were decently modded. Yours a track pack?

Also, there's always gonna be hate toward mustangs, people living in the past, etc etc. Now with the 5.0 even more so, haters gonna hate

Last edited by steven46746; 5/1/13 at 05:35 PM.
Old 5/1/13, 05:58 PM

No I got a base gt but I didn't care all I wanted was the motor. I love turns too but I want a real course not one of cones in a small air strip that the fastest cars complete in less than 50 seconds! Ya their cars may make good times but who wouldn't with a go kart for a car for example my friend with an scion frs never stops gloating about making it through the course fast. Thats what I love about real tracks that it levels out the playing field a little more in my opinion. I just never had the money to participate in road courses and I live quite a distance from the nearest one.
Old 5/1/13, 06:02 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by silverbullet5.0
No I got a base gt but I didn't care all I wanted was the motor. I love turns too but I want a real course not one of cones in a small air strip that the fastest cars complete in less than 50 seconds! Ya their cars may make good times but who wouldn't with a go kart for a car for example my friend with an scion frs never stops gloating about making it through the course fast. Thats what I love about real tracks that it levels out the playing field a little more in my opinion. I just never had the money to participate in road courses and I live quite a distance from the nearest one.
Meh Frs, a new v6 performance package is faster around a "real" track and cheaper. Nothing too impressive there.
Old 5/1/13, 06:09 PM

No its a base gt but all I really really wanted was the motor! Lol! I do love turns too but I want a roadcourse to really stretch the car's muscles instead of a cramped course in an airstrip that the majority of cars finish in less than a minute. Its so easy for small cars because they are practically go karts for example my friend with an scion frs and he never stops gloating along with others with small cars. I would do roadcourse but never could afford it and its too far from me.
Old 5/1/13, 06:45 PM

Sorry I accidentally posted twice I thought the first one did not post.
Old 5/1/13, 06:51 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Let me bust my cobra out on them and see them talk trash then
Old 5/1/13, 07:16 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You need new friends. It's easy to hate on a car that runs 12s stock. Steerings for ****** anyway.
Old 5/1/13, 07:59 PM

Man its about sooo much more than who can go fast or hit that corner...Unlike the lastest whiner your Stang has a soul, its as American as the flag, and the assclowns your hanging with need to show some respect. Just 'whatever' em.
Old 5/2/13, 07:30 AM
Bullitt Member

I've always hated Jap cars & always will. You can hop them up & make them as fast as you want, but to me they're still just 4 cylinder economy cars that sound like weedwhackers. Period.
Old 5/2/13, 07:32 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Ledhed
Man its about sooo much more than who can go fast or hit that corner...Unlike the lastest whiner your Stang has a soul, its as American as the flag, and the assclowns your hanging with need to show some respect. Just 'whatever' em.
I wish forums had a "Like" button like FB, because I'd definitely "Like" this post!
Old 5/2/13, 08:17 AM

thanks guys, its funny because I always liked all cars but now that I have a v8 the sound is so intoxicating that it makes my import daily driver soo boring lol. I have exhaust on my import and man it annoys me now but I only use it as my work car because I don't wanna get my mustang dirty, I work in a welding shop and I don't wanna ruin my mustang lol.
Old 5/2/13, 04:50 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Ah **** on 'em. Their just jealous. Laugh at 'em, and walk away.
Old 5/2/13, 04:52 PM
Cobra Member

Pop the hood and say, "see that there boy".
Old 5/2/13, 05:10 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by muscledom
You need new friends. It's easy to hate on a car that runs 12s stock. Steerings for ****** anyway.
Ever run an auto-x or road course? While I've never run a road course, I've done stuff similar to an auto-x and its great fun.

Anyways, sounds like a bunch of boneheads juiced up on testosterone to me. I can appreciate any high performance car or one modded for performance. I can understand a little rivalry but I just don't get the down right ignorant comments like car "X" doesn't handle when the data says otherwise or people cheery pick the venue for comparison.

Also agree with everybody who says the OP needs to move up to a better class of friends. Like my old man used to say; "Lay down with dogs and you get up with fleas".

Last edited by bob; 5/2/13 at 05:11 PM.
Old 5/2/13, 05:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm just trying to figure out from your post what you conceded to them. Or did they concede something to you?
Old 5/2/13, 05:58 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I've laid turds bigger than the average import.

Get better friends. Smart ones that don't hate America.
Old 5/2/13, 05:59 PM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I've laid turds bigger than the average import.

Get better friends. Smart ones that don't hate America.
After tackling an extra large pizza all by yourself, no doubt!!
Old 5/2/13, 06:06 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Ronin38
I'm just trying to figure out from your post what you conceded to them. Or did they concede something to you?

Quick Reply: conceded car drivers