General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Colorado Members: I would like your help

Search this Thread

Old 2/20/14, 03:23 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
Colorado Members: I would like your help

Hi everyone,
I have been a member here for almost ten years. Many of you know me as a diecast collector, too. I am asking for anyone near Westminster, CO or within 30-50 miles of here, would be able to help me with some small-ish projects with my Mustang. I have Cerebral Palsy and do almost everything one handed. While much of what I have done with my Mustang was done with friends' help, many of my contact has ended with them.

I am wanting to get my V6 Pony Package back to basically a stock look. I have done as much of the transformation that I can myself so far. I took off the side louvers, the rear SHR honeycomb taillight panel, and removed the LED taillights and decals. I am attempting to sell these parts on Craigslist, however, even with low prices, I'm not even getting any cals.

However, I still have the V6 Pony grille and want to put it in to the GT bumper. I have seen some people here who have done it. But, I need to get the bumper off and pry the tabs to get the grille out. This is one thing I need help with. I know doing this swap involves dremeling some holes in the tabs of the front bumper cover. I will also need some auto/marine weather stripping to fill gaps. At that time I would like to put back the amber turn signals.

I have purchased a NOS flat spoiler like the one my car came with but I removed and broke three years ago. But, a friend in Boulder is going to help me get that painted. I am going to get black rocker panel stripes from American Muscle, too.

So, all in all I would like to find some fellow Colorado Mustang enthusiasts who would be willing to help me out. I can drive to you or you can come here. Please let me know. Thanks again friends.

Last edited by unnoticedtrails; 2/20/14 at 03:28 PM.
Old 2/20/14, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to cars, but I might be able to help you out... I might also be interested in your louvers as they are the right color for my car.
Old 2/20/14, 09:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
Originally Posted by colodan66
I'm not that knowledgeable when it comes to cars, but I might be able to help you out... I might also be interested in your louvers as they are the right color for my car.
Hi Dan, thank you for the reply. I actually did get a hold of one of my friends who said he would help me this Sunday.

Cool for the louvers, I want people to know that they are not in perfect shape, but I believe they can be polished nicely. Also, I haven't had time to yet remove the used adhesive tape from the back. However, I can do that tomorrow after work. I was asking $100. Let me know if you are still interested.
Old 2/20/14, 09:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
would like to see them before I commit, but I am interested. I could probably look at them sat if you're available. You can PM me your info if you want.