General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Black convertible interior

Search this Thread

Old 7/22/13, 06:45 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black convertible interior

I have been looking for a convertible with a stone color interior but it seems there are so many more that are black. Why do so many of them have black interiors? Aren't they just rediculously hot in the summer? FWIW - I am in metro Atlanta where we have a lot of heat and humidity. Thoughts please.
Old 7/22/13, 06:48 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Cloth or leather. Stone cloth doesn't make much sense in a vert. Leather I'm not sure why you can't find more stone. Seems it would be popular.
Old 7/22/13, 07:09 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
I ordered mine and my dealer was a little surprised at my choice of top and interior. They aren't very common, even though they look much better IMHO.

Old 7/23/13, 06:40 AM
V6 Member

I definately will have leather. I had a boat once that had dark vinyl. It was so miserably hot you had to put about 3 towels on a seat to sit in it. I now have a boat with a white interior and it is comfortable no matter how hot it is.

Tikatz - yours is beautiful. I decided I either want your color or white. Definitely my favorites. The biggest problem I have had finding one is that I want a manual transmission premium with the lighter color - it has proven to be very hard to find.
Old 7/23/13, 10:06 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I went with the red interior, because a) I like the look and b) it's definitely cooler than the black in the sun! But, since anything other than black is hard to find on the lots (as you have found out), I had to order mine. You probably should consider doing that, so you can get *exactly* what you are wanting!
Old 7/23/13, 10:52 AM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Ordering one is certainly the way to get exactly what you want. I believe very few are ordered by dealers for stock with manual transmissions, so finding one would be really tough. Mine took 52 days from date of order to delivery, and a number of those days were in transit because I am in the Pacific Northwest. Mine left the factory on 2/14 and I took delivery on 2/28. It was definitely worth the wait. If you decide to order, take a look at truecar.com. You can configure the car just the way you want it (subject to what the factory will let you do) and you are presented with a very aggressive target price and then put in touch with local dealers that will meet or beat that price.
Old 7/23/13, 02:55 PM
V6 Member

Ordering is a great idea but I am looking for pre-owned. I dont mind missing the first 25,000 miles or so and I sure am happy to pay less. It is just going to be a mission to find what I want.
Old 7/23/13, 03:16 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
I ask a salesman the same thing. He said people will by a car with black interior faster than the other colors, and most everyone can live with black interior. The other colors like "stone", "saddle", and the "red" appeal to a smaller market. Made sense to me. That's why I order when I want a new vehicle. I'm in the smaller market.

Name:  13Mustang014.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  205.8 KB

Welcome to the forum.

Last edited by wanted33; 7/23/13 at 03:18 PM.
Old 7/23/13, 03:31 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Sbbamafan
Ordering is a great idea but I am looking for pre-owned. I dont mind missing the first 25,000 miles or so and I sure am happy to pay less. It is just going to be a mission to find what I want.
If used is what you're looking for, you might want to try and find a car that has everything that you want (or close to it) without the seats your looking for and just get aftermarket replacements (like Katzkins), that way you could get the exact color seats you want. They have all sorts of custom combinations to choose from.

If you do plan to search for used car with specific criteria (especially criteria that was not sold in high numbers), it's going to take a while.