General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Best way to get rid of swirl marks on a black car

Search this Thread

Old 1/23/12, 10:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best way to get rid of swirl marks on a black car

I just got a black Mach 1 and I love it the only bad thing about her is that she has swirl marks that are noticible after I wash her. Any advise on how to get rid of them.

I'm planning on waiting until spring so it can warm up and I have turtle wax and nufinish polish and I was going to do it all by hand. Just wanted to know is this a good combo or should I use something else. I'm also looking at turtle wax black box made for black cars. Any advise someone could give me would be great.

Thanks
Old 1/23/12, 10:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It all depends on what you want to spend? Do you want them less noticeable or complete gone? Your best bet is to use a buffer! And a good wax for over the counter products is mothers or Autoglym. You should use a swirl remover and a wax, if you want them completely gone you need a buffer and a little skill. Or have a professional do it.
Old 1/24/12, 09:13 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ok the best way to get rid of the swirls after washing the car is to use a micro fiber towel. It wont leave the Swirls or a "spiderweb" effect on the paint. Second I would switch to a different polish. I use nothing but McQuires products. I would say first use a cleaner wax then go with a finishing wax on top. You can use a buffer for the cleaner wax cuz it will also help get scuff marks and minor scratches out of the paint. For the finishing wax (which I use NXT) do it by hand. What causes the swirl marks are buffers and towels. Hope this helps.