General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Bad experience with RPM Outlet!

Search this Thread

Old 9/11/07, 04:15 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bad experience with RPM Outlet!

This is long but worth it if you do or plan to do buisness with RPMOUTLET

Little background I used this company several times and always had great result. Unfortunately my recent experience is the worst I've ever had with a parts vendor!!
Back in mid July, I ordered a 05-mustang fuel pressure adapter and gauge. I waited for the part to come in for 2 weeks and nothing.. I finally call them up and find out it is on back order and should be shipping the next week, no big deal. The next week I get no part so I call them back, now they are saying that it will be several weeks because they are waiting on the gauge. Not wanting to wait that long I started the process of trying to canx the order, keep in mind I have had to contact them for status every time. I submit an order canx form online everyday for the next week with no response (form states 24 hours response or something like that), so I call them up. The main order line handles no customer service inquires so I had to call another number that is open like 10-4 or something like that. I call this number for 2 days and get nothing but busy signals. Finally when I reach someone they tell me that the system is not accepting my canx request and there is nothing the can do without a request number, I ask for a manager but am told none are there. I go back online and submit like 50 of the things because I am so angry. A few days pass with nothing so I call again, this time I call the order line and insist on speaking to a manger, which I supposedly get. I informed him that at that point it had been a month since I ordered a part and still hadn't received it (keep in mind I was billed Jul 18th the day after the order was placed), he says hell get it canx and I'll get a full refund (this was mid Aug).
Fast forward to today, I get a phone call from UPS saying there is a package on its way to my home that requires my sig. I look up the info on there site and it is coming from RPM outlet (I knew instantly what it was). I again start trying to call only to get busy signals. Finally, after a few hours I get a CS rep that begins to try to assist me, but for some reason cannot fully grasp what I'm saying. After a few minutes of speaking to here, a voice burst in and says, "What is the problem here" "do you realize you’re being taped". Now at this point I have no idea what is going on because I am just trying to get things sorted out. The individual then begins to tell me he is going to explain to me "how things are". I am a little stunned by the response I am getting when I am just asking why I am receiving this part. Trying to get the person to understand where I am coming from I tell him I have spend several thousand dollars with his company and have always had great service but now I have an issue. His response is to tell me that he has no record of my previous purchases and essentially calls me a liar???? At this point, I'm highly ****ed but don't hang up because I still want my refund. I tell the guy "look I'm just a hard working military guys who's trying to fix an order", he now questions the fact that I'm in the military asking where I"m stationed rudely and so on. I asked the guy why he would speak to a customer like that and he informed me that I was not a customer, he said I am banned from ever ordering from them (why would you ban someone from spending money with you??). At any rate the ups guy shows up at my door while I'm speaking to him, I refuse the package and was told as soon as they get it back I will get a refund. This was only a 65 dollar part but I do not have my hopes to high of ever seeing that money again. Overall, I am completely disgusted with the way I was treated by this company. I tried to be polite with them several times but got nothing but attitude every time I called them. I cannot understand why a company would treat people like that....
Now I'm not saying that I didn't get ****y with them at times, but at the same time I'm the customer and they were the ones not helping.
Tell me if I was wrong in this.....
Old 9/11/07, 04:24 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
File a complaint with your local BBB and see the results. I have filed 3 locally here recently and all the compaines have come running to my door.
Old 9/12/07, 08:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
First rule of business- the customer is always right! I've heard numerous stories of how bad they are...... I am like you I bought a bunch of stuff from them with ZERO problems but others have had BIG problems.

Funny you mention the fuel pressure adaptor and guage- I ordered one from them last spring and got it next day. I ended up not using it, because it wouldn't fit under my shaker hood scoop assembly. I still have it; if you want it, you can have for free. Just pay shipping.....

Tom
Old 9/12/07, 02:34 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by tom281
First rule of business- the customer is always right! I've heard numerous stories of how bad they are...... I am like you I bought a bunch of stuff from them with ZERO problems but others have had BIG problems.

Funny you mention the fuel pressure adaptor and guage- I ordered one from them last spring and got it next day. I ended up not using it, because it wouldn't fit under my shaker hood scoop assembly. I still have it; if you want it, you can have for free. Just pay shipping.....

Tom
Tom as always you are willing to help

What made me the maddest was I didn't need it anymore, I hooked my fp gauge up based off the pics you sent me. So the irony was after 2 months I recieve a part I don't need!

Jeff
Old 9/13/07, 05:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
LOL, well atleast we're on the same page! Glad to help out.
Old 9/14/07, 10:49 AM
Bullitt Member

I ordered from RMP Outlet once too. I'll never make that mistake again. They are absoutely horrible.

My advice to you is call your credit card company and explain you've tried to resolve an issue with a merchant to no avail. They should issue you a full credit.
Old 9/14/07, 11:17 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Keystone
My advice to you is call your credit card company and explain you've tried to resolve an issue with a merchant to no avail. They should issue you a full credit.
+1 File a dispute with your Credit Card company and they will issue a chargeback notice to the vendor. Then they have to supply proof of their case or they lose the sale and you get full credit back.

Also file with the BBB.