General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Anyone want a 'new' '07 GT/CS at original 'sticker'??

Search this Thread

Old 8/30/22, 05:40 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 1,063 Likes on 666 Posts
Anyone want a 'new' '07 GT/CS at original 'sticker'??

Amazing!! Driven just 5,000 miles in 15 years. Mid $20's is realistic IMO but right now, sorry, that is what the car cost originally in 2007. I only know because my old '07 GT/CS convertible was $37,000.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/20407884134...Bk9SR8CL_OPdYA
Old 8/30/22, 06:17 AM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,026 Likes on 2,221 Posts
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...-specs-452269/

Boy That Looks Familiar See Original Window Sticker on My Redfire GT/CS.

Of Course Mine had a Little More Go!

$31,965.00

Thanks For Posting! Have to Watch and See What He Gets.

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 8/30/22 at 07:03 AM.
The following users liked this post:
NC14GT (8/30/22)
Old 8/30/22, 06:24 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
Nooooooo Way! if I am going to spend that much on a used car I would buy something newer with a few more miles.
The following 2 users liked this post by Glenn:
m05fastbackGT (8/30/22), NC14GT (8/30/22)
Old 8/30/22, 06:33 AM
The Analog Admin!

Originally Posted by Glenn
Nooooooo Way! if I am going to spend that much on a used car I would buy something newer with a few more miles.
You Can Find Semi Low Miles 07-09 Gt-500's For 35K! He is Just Throwing You Know What at the Wall and Seeing if it Sticks!

I got Bit Big Time Selling Mine. But I Had No Choice! Could not Keep That CS and The 500. I never Shoulda Opened My Yap on that 500 The CS was Plenty o car For Me! Especially with the Blower!

Oh Well! My 500 Has 33k on Her and I would Want 35K Myself! That is If I was Selling! Mine's Never Been Beat on For Shure! Ton's of Swag & Provenance Too!

Random Shelby For Sale I Pulled up!

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/0...-6bd5069ab779/

24k Miles 35k Price!

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 8/30/22 at 06:54 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 05stangkc:
Glenn (8/30/22), NC14GT (8/30/22)
Old 8/30/22, 09:44 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
After my recent searching I have found that these days well maintained S-197's with low mileage falls into the catagory of "you have to find one to buy one". And if you do find that Unicorn you're gonna have to come off the hip. You can find those with 100-150K mile cars all day, but finding one that you won't have to put another 5K into it to make it reliable is tough. I've got that 15K mile Unicorn in my net right now. It's coming down to getting together on the price......and it ain't gonna be cheap for sure.

Last edited by wanted33; 8/30/22 at 12:42 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by wanted33:
Old 8/30/22, 09:55 AM
The Analog Admin!

Originally Posted by wanted33
After my recent searching I have found that these days that well maintained S-197's with low mileage falls into the catagory of "you have to find one to buy one". And if you do find that Unicorn you're gonna have to come off the hip. You can find those with 100-150K miles all day, but finding one that you won't have to put another 5K into it to make it reliable is tough. I've got that 15K mile Unicorn in my net right now. It's coming down to getting together on the price......and it ain't gonna be cheap for sure.
Good Hunting My Friend!

KC
m05fastbackGT (8/30/22), wanted33 (8/30/22)
Old 8/30/22, 12:40 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Good Hunting My Friend!

KC
Thanks Kevin, I made the offer. I'm just waiting for the boss man to return, and say yah, or nay. The car is nearly show room fresh, and I know I would be hard pressed to find another one in that shape. So, I have my fingers crossed. It's one of those cars that is factory correct with no mods of any kind. It will be extremely hard to leave it alone, but I'll try my best to keep the mod bug at bay if I'm lucky enough to bring it home.

Last edited by wanted33; 8/30/22 at 12:44 PM.
Old 8/30/22, 02:24 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 787 Likes on 574 Posts
I sold my 06 GT with 112k miles on it for under 7k at the end of 2018 or so. same car today they are asking 12k or so. Yea I get it start high and see what happens. We are living in crazy times LOL
The following 3 users liked this post by Glenn:
m05fastbackGT (8/30/22), NC14GT (8/30/22), wanted33 (8/30/22)
Old 8/30/22, 02:49 PM
The Analog Admin!

Cool

Thanks Kevin, I made the offer. I'm just waiting for the boss man to return, and say yah, or nay. The car is nearly show room fresh, and I know I would be hard pressed to find another one in that shape. So, I have my fingers crossed. It's one of those cars that is factory correct with no mods of any kind. It will be extremely hard to leave it alone, but I'll try my best to keep the mod bug at bay if I'm lucky enough to bring it home.

SHA-WING That is a Sweet One! Like Going Back in time!

KC
m05fastbackGT (8/30/22), wanted33 (9/1/22)
Old 8/30/22, 04:54 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,300 Likes on 1,714 Posts

Good luck!
wanted33 (9/1/22)
Old 8/30/22, 07:10 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,194 Likes on 1,763 Posts
Originally Posted by Glenn
Agreed! If I were going to spend up to 36k on a used car, it would be a 2007-10 Shelby GT500 with no more than 60k miles, otherwise better to spend that kind of money towards a newer S550 GT.

You Can Find Semi Low Miles 07-09 Gt-500's For 35K! He is Just Throwing You Know What at the Wall and Seeing if it Sticks!

I got Bit Big Time Selling Mine. But I Had No Choice! Could not Keep That CS and The 500. I never Shoulda Opened My Yap on that 500 The CS was Plenty o car For Me! Especially with the Blower!

Oh Well! My 500 Has 33k on Her and I would Want 35K Myself! That is If I was Selling! Mine's Never Been Beat on For Shure! Ton's of Swag & Provenance Too!

Random Shelby For Sale I Pulled up!

https://www.cars.com/vehicledetail/0...-6bd5069ab779/

24k Miles 35k Price!

KC
My "06" GT isn't a GT/CS but it does have a Saleen series VI S/C which was discontinued over 12 years ago.. With just 31k original miles, I would not settle for selling under 20k

After my recent searching I have found that these days well maintained S-197's with low mileage falls into the catagory of "you have to find one to buy one". And if you do find that Unicorn you're gonna have to come off the hip. You can find those with 100-150K mile cars all day, but finding one that you won't have to put another 5K into it to make it reliable is tough. I've got that 15K mile Unicorn in my net right now. It's coming down to getting together on the price......and it ain't gonna be cheap for sure.
I totally agree with you 100% Jim.. Btw: welcome back, my friend... Rocky

Here's hoping the Boss man says yes to your offer Jim
wanted33 (9/1/22)
Old 8/30/22, 11:04 PM
The Analog Admin!

It's Funny when we get used to a Car we Start Changing Things to Make Them Different. Then They Get Older and Many Want Original Untouched and Then Really Older and It's a Really Big Deal to Find One That never got Changed and They Bring a Premium. Guess What I only Put in Sequential Lights An Ipod Interface & Cold Air & Tune. All Easy to Remove & I surely have all the Paperwork & Parts. Spare Floor Mats & Even Pictures of it on the Car Hauler When New. In Fact They are on this Site.

I did the PDI at the dealership Myself & Have Every Piece of Plastic That Covered the Seats Etc. All the Stickers that were on the car you Name it. The Back Seat has only been Set in Once with a couple of Kids. The Passenger Side Plastic Still Covers the carpet from the Factory. I have only had a handful of People in it with me. All the Miles Were Highway Miles to work. Lost My Company Truck after the Financial Crash Back Then!

It still has some New car smell after a wipe down as well! After the Wife Backed my 05 into my Company truck she never Drove any of My Stangs Again. There was a Post on That Somewhere but I think it got Lost in the Forum Hack! Only A Couple of Dealer Techs Drove it after Doing Warranty Work! Hmm Sounds Like It's Worth More Money Than I said Earlier!

Last New Car I will ever Buy so I try to Drive it enough to keep the Juices Flowing! Anywoo That Stuff Just Popped in my Head.

Man I hope you Get that car it Really is Sweet. Reminds me of the Excitement we all felt back in 05 When So Many of Us were Waiting for Our Stangs to Show! I was Asked to Drive My Black 05 in A Local Christmas Parade & What a Response! Me & The Wife & Kids Felt Like Celebrities.Well Enough Of That! We are Standing by for Some New Pics From You Very Soon!

KC
wanted33 (9/1/22)
Old 8/30/22, 11:15 PM
The Analog Admin!

Hey, I Just Pulled Up Your Car at Morrison Motors. I want you to Check One Thing and This is an Issue with the Interior Upgrade. I want you to Run Your Hands over the Door Panel Leather Inserts and See if They Feel Loose. It's a Common Issue on these as the Foam In between Breaks Down over the Years with Heat. They will come off eventually. I fought and Fought mine to get them to stick. I finally got a handle on it with the Right Glue. Anyhoo If they are Loose Now the Drivers Side Looks Like it Might be Loose in the center. I'm thinking you can get some Dollars Knocked Off! I just wanted you to be aware if you did not know about this issue! I mean it's a Real Job to Fix them Right.

KC
wanted33 (9/1/22)
Old 9/1/22, 10:29 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Hey, I Just Pulled Up Your Car at Morrison Motors. I want you to Check One Thing and This is an Issue with the Interior Upgrade. I want you to Run Your Hands over the Door Panel Leather Inserts and See if They Feel Loose. It's a Common Issue on these as the Foam In between Breaks Down over the Years with Heat. They will come off eventually. I fought and Fought mine to get them to stick. I finally got a handle on it with the Right Glue. Anyhoo If they are Loose Now the Drivers Side Looks Like it Might be Loose in the center. I'm thinking you can get some Dollars Knocked Off! I just wanted you to be aware if you did not know about this issue! I mean it's a Real Job to Fix them Right.

KC
@05stangkc They were wavy, but not as bad as some I've seen. The boys at Morrison sent it out, had the plastic inserts installed. Looks just fine, and I don't have to worry about that again. Ford made a big mistake the way those inserts were installed, and most every S-197 up to '09 has/had the problem. From what I could find it was caused by the solvent in the glue eating the backing of the door/inserts causing an ugly situation.
NC14GT (9/1/22)
Old 9/1/22, 10:33 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Agreed! If I were going to spend up to 36k on a used car, it would be a 2007-10 Shelby GT500 with no more than 60k miles, otherwise better to spend that kind of money towards a newer S550 GT.

My "06" GT isn't a GT/CS but it does have a Saleen series VI S/C which was discontinued over 12 years ago.. With just 31k original miles, I would not settle for selling under 20k

I totally agree with you 100% Jim.. Btw: welcome back, my friend... Rocky

Here's hoping the Boss man says yes to your offer Jim
@m05fastbackGT Thank you Rocky, I was a lost little boy when my '06 left the driveway. Took awhile until I finally found one I liked, and Momma said yes. What a woman.
m05fastbackGT (9/1/22)
Old 9/1/22, 10:48 AM
The Analog Admin!

@05stangkc They were wavy, but not as bad as some I've seen. The boys at Morrison sent it out, had the plastic inserts installed. Looks just fine, and I don't have to worry about that again. Ford made a big mistake the way those inserts were installed, and most every S-197 up to '09 has/had the problem. From what I could find it was caused by the solvent in the glue eating the backing of the door/inserts causing an ugly situation.
Sounds Good! It was Foam in Between which Turned to Dust! A Rag a Lot of Patience & Denatured Alcohol to Clean. I used 3m Spray Adhesive & it Did not Hold, Finally Stuck with Super Glue Fix-All. If I had it to Do Again I would Have Put Foam Back Because The Insert needs the Space Taken Up. The Insert Lays Out Farther Without and Fights Being put back in place. I was not going to cut them Down. Hard to Explain the Process Online.

Thanks for the Update!

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 12/5/23 at 07:34 PM.
wanted33 (9/1/22)
Old 9/1/22, 11:25 AM

@m05fastbackGT Thank you Rocky, I was a lost little boy when my '06 left the driveway. Took awhile until I finally found one I liked, and Momma said yes. What a woman.
To be honest with you Jim, I wasn't aware that your "06" left the driveway... All I know is that you disappeared from the forums for quite sometime and couldn't understand the reason... Now I know the reason and if I had ever lost my Mustang, i more than likely would been very lost as well...I'm just glad your doing well and that your back with a new "07" GT.. Congrats my friend
wanted33 (9/1/22)
Old 9/1/22, 01:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

To be honest with you Jim, I wasn't aware that your "06" left the driveway... All I know is that you disappeared from the forums for quite sometime and couldn't understand the reason... Now I know the reason and if I had ever lost my Mustang, i more than likely would been very lost as well...I'm just glad your doing well and that your back with a new "07" GT.. Congrats my friend
@m05fastbackGT Rocky, I know I shouldn't have left so abruptly. My fault completely, but the guy had more dollars than he has sense. I couldn't turn the offer down. After it left I picked up a 92 Toyota Pick-up with 89K miles on the RE22 automatic, and was owned by an older gentleman that couldn't drive anymore. It had sat for nearly 2 years in his garage, and he would go out, sit on the tailagte and watch cars go by (thankfully he did start the engine ever so often). He was sad he was selling it, and I understood that completely. I promised him when I finished with it I would bring it back for him to see. It was a fun little vehicle to mess with, and a hoot to drive. Took a little while to get it back in fighting shape, but when I took it back to his house the look on his face was priceless. His wife took a bunch of pictures to show their friends. I drove it for a approx. 18 months, put it up for sell to get a bit bigger truck. I didn't realize how much people wanted those little trucks, and I made some stupid crazy money when it sold. I then wandered around aimlessly until I told myself I shouldn't have sold the '06, and ask my CEO/CFO what she thought about another S-197. Being the good sport she is she said get what you want. Took a bit, but I found this one.

Here's the little Toyota after a lot of elbow grease, and replacing stuff like, plugs, all fluids, belts, etc. The truck still had the original brake pads, plugs, belts, and was looking quite sad from sitting so long. The tires were dry rotted, and the hubcaps were completely faded out.

Last edited by wanted33; 9/1/22 at 02:19 PM.
m05fastbackGT (9/1/22), NC14GT (9/1/22)
Old 9/3/22, 03:00 PM

No worries Jim, as I can totally understand your reason for selling the "06" GT.. I probably would had done the same if somebody had made an offer that I just couldn't pass up.. Its like the saying goes, everything's for sale at the right price, so I totally get it lol... As I mentioned before, just glad that your doing well and that your back on here
wanted33 (9/4/22)
Old 9/4/22, 06:11 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

No worries Jim, as I can totally understand your reason for selling the "06" GT.. I probably would had done the same if somebody had made an offer that I just couldn't pass up.. Its like the saying goes, everything's for sale at the right price, so I totally get it lol... As I mentioned before, just glad that your doing well and that your back on here
My dear old Dad always told me, "Boy, never let two fools meet". That's always in the back of my mind.
NC14GT (9/4/22), Viking99 (9/13/22)

Quick Reply: Anyone want a 'new' '07 GT/CS at original 'sticker'??