General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

29th VMOA show! pics!!!

Search this Thread

Old 6/18/06, 04:42 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
29th VMOA show! pics!!!

well i went down to cupertino yesterday for the 29th vintage mustang owners association show. if anyone else was thjere, please let me know and post some more pics if ya want. i had a bLAST. this was my first car show hat i entered my II in and man was it fun. people were amazed that anyone even brought a II. when i registered for the show online the club commitee was having a meeting and they were worried bec no IIs had signed up yet. the president told me that as soon as they started discussing it, my registration thngy came in lol. anyhow, heres a few of the stangs i saw that really stoofd out to me:

first, the best looking combination of car and driver at the eeennntire show

herhehe i just HAD to put this up

Check out this "boss 351" its really just a regular old sportsroof, but they owner decided to get a little funky. he has a 351C aussie heads and loads of other goodies. he won best 69-70 fastback

This topless beauty was the winna for best 71-73 mustang. i thought it was kinda neat seeing as le mans stripes dont often find their way onto anything later than 68's

this fello parked two spacesdown from my II. he also won best 79-06 non V8. i love seeing modded 6ers

take a look at THIS oddity. its an 87-93 stang, but with an interesting widebody kit... and thunderbid headlights, and what LOOKS to be mystichish colored paint. dunno if i like it yet, but it caught my eye

ahh yes, what would a mustang show be without some Law and Order. this lucky CHP car won best 87-93. man i love these (and if your interested, i saw it racing an ex 01ish camaro cop car, and lets just say that the stang wasnt doing the chasin lol)

check out this slammed '67 stang. it was really amazing the level of customization and fabrication put into this. narutally it won first place for 67-68 fastback

this lil first gen coupe didnt win anything, but its the one i voted for. dunno why, it just seems rather nice to me

this was a pleasant surprise. a terlingua mustang coupe! this was definately one of my faves
Old 6/18/06, 04:44 PM
Post *****

this was a pleasant surprise. a terlingua mustang coupe! this was definately one of my faves

interestingly enough, there were about a dozen panteras there too. from bone stock to OUTRAGEOUSLY modified. heres one that i found myself particularly attracted to

pantera...

there were a few non stang classic fords there too, like this 65ish ranchero. i talked to the owner, really old guy, but really nice. we talked about older cars and stuff. he told me he still has his 1966 fully loaded darnk blue fairlane convertable with white top that his father bought him back in '66. real nice guy. wish the old people that live by my house liked loud old cars as much as him

im a sucker for white Saleens. what can i say? there gorgeous!

this was reaaally fun, the first 2000 cobra R that ive ever seen in person!

and a loverly red '66 GT350. please note that this is NOT a clone and its all original, even the paint!

the lone '69 shelby convertable. god i love that hood

this is the Team Shelby race cobra. this thing has NO MUFFLERS!!!! and beleive it or not, it only got fourth place in the loudest motor contest lol!

this guy took BULLITT to a new level! lol. chec out the grille and whats holding up his hood

early foxes... there just so pertiful!

this guy was selling his falcon wagon... i BEGGED my dad to buy it for me lol. that thing is sooo cool

canary foundation champ car. nuff sed

now this was one of my favorite V6s there. no that aint no 3.8L. the gal who owns this swapped out her 3.8L when it blew a head gasket and dropped in a 4.2L truck motor. she even painted the intake to match the exterior!

would you beleive this guy wasnt even in the show?!?! he was in the other parking lot. i spotted it on the way out and HAD to snap a shot
Old 6/18/06, 04:45 PM
Post *****

and now for the greatest part of the show
read it and weep

the winners parade

"i'd like to thank all the members of TMS for their support, and the occasional lack thereof."

muahahahaha! check this out
Old 6/18/06, 04:53 PM
GTR Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Congrats on showing the II and taking the Class win.

Great pictures and captions.
Old 6/18/06, 05:29 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Cool pictures! Thanks for sharing and congratulations!

FYI on a couple of cars . .

The first picture of the Maroon DeTomaso is a Mangusta not a Pantera, and the "Edge" Cobra R is a 2000 not a 2001.

What was the asking price of the Falcon wagon? Looks to be in great shape!
Old 6/18/06, 05:34 PM
Post *****

2001? wat on earth are you talking about

oh and the falcon was going for about $6500 if i recall correctly.
Old 6/18/06, 06:37 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Congrats Arin.
Just wait until you really get that fixed up.
Old 6/26/06, 09:12 PM
Bow Chica Bow Wow
TMS Staff

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
Congrats Man!!!! you deserve it..you show an enthusiasm for your car that is hard to match!
Great pics too!! thanks man.

Where you suprised when they announced your car as the winner?
Old 6/27/06, 07:56 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by burningman
Where you suprised when they announced your car as the winner?
I bet he jumped around like a drunk hobbitt in a briar patch

Congrats Arin, good pics!
Old 6/28/06, 10:52 AM
Post *****

was i surprised??! i was amazed that there was a class for my car! lol

and scott, thats pretty close to what i did lol. that was one of the happiest car related moments of my life, second to perhaps, buying the car... and my first burnout