General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

07 mustang puddle light help!!

Search this Thread

Old 7/23/12, 04:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
07 mustang puddle light help!!

I wired into a power source :] but can't figure how to get wires from cabin thru maze of wireswires by fuse box into door grommet and beyond
Old 7/24/12, 02:08 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by desperado
I wired into a power source :] but can't figure how to get wires from cabin thru maze of wireswires by fuse box into door grommet and beyond
Let me tell you it's a pain in the butt! But I got it done when I had my 08 Mustang and put blue LED light strips inside the map pockets.

For the cleanest factory looking installation, the secret is you have to dismount the rubber wiring conduit from the door hinge pillar. Where the rubber conduit meets the hinge pillar it snaps in a certain way that is tricky to disengage. It's a tight space to work in but it can be done. That exposes the door to body wiring connector.

You have to start by running the wire from inside the door into the rubber conduit. Then you pull the wire through the rubber conduit. Next you have to fish the wire into the space around the perimeter of the door-to-body wiring connector. The wire should drop down into the kick panel area of the interior so you can pull it to where you want it to be.

Once you master doing one side, the other side installs much faster.