Announcements What You Need to Know

Member Ranks

Search this Thread

Old 12/12/05, 05:16 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
that would explain Brian on the couch , use it in the food keeping them happy huh ! kidding have a nice day all off to work . Woot
Old 12/12/05, 05:21 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ha!

He's working harder than me.
Apparently everyone in the world needs phone work now.

Worked all weekend. I hate that.
Old 12/12/05, 05:37 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by mizanin@December 11, 2005, 6:56 PM
I mean no offense to you or your team, but one thing I learned from Cleveland's Tim Couch experience is that a bad team with a bad offensive line should never draft a QB in a high round. Our entire offense was so devoid of talent that I'm sure it ruined Couch.

I have no idea how good/bad SF's offensive line and the rest of the offensive talent is (I don't have the time to know all there is to know about football anymore) but if the O-line is bad pray that Smith survives the year and the team gets O-linemen in the offseason, if they don't seek O-line help, no matter how good Alex Smith is, he won't last long in the NFL.

I also think a young QB needs an experienced veteran to tutor him, I don't think SF has one, if Charlie Frye looks good the rest of the season, we'll trade you Trent Dilfer for a 3rd round choice. I think he's helped Charlie a whole heck of a lot.

Good luck to your team and to you learning calculus. What are you working on now? Integrals, differentials, those summation things with the epsilon sign?

well i agree with u on the line thing. as in: we need one. otherwise we DO have some offensive talent, its just ahrd for it to show, seeing as we have line problems.

Kevan Barlow aint to good, but Frank Gore and Maurice Hicks are great fun to watch. those two i think will develop into great backs

as for downfeild, we have Morton, Llyod and Battle. between the three of them we have plenty of NFL experience, the greatest single "hand" in the NFL ever, and a wideout who can throw, run and catch.

Nedney ,our kicker, has some impressive stats as well

on D we have derek smith, Bryant young and julian peterson.... do we really need anything else? lol our entire secodary is injured though, we've been relying on backups. emmanuel looks like a good DB in the making

and now the big Q: how good is Alex Smith...really?

i think hes a good QB, but isnt geting the right oppurtunities to keep it all rolling. hes first of all new to the NFL, its really hard to be good rookie year for anyone. esp if theres so much pressure on him to live up to great names like young, montana, brodie and tittle.

if he had a good amount of protection he has shown he can do alright. its not until the line begins to falter that he has to scramble and ends up making mistakes. that said, hes not too shabby at running around either, certainly not ur run of the mill pocket QB

and as for a veteran to learn from, well i guess we have Ken Dorsey, who isnt bad at all, but isnt spectacular either. at least hes been around longer and can pass on something to Smith. b/c whether ne one think hes good or not, the niners are his team for the future. He is going to be the one that has to develop and lead the team. hes going to inherit this team, and i think after some time and practice and exp he is going to be a fine QB.

and now about Calc. well we're just getting into that stupid if f(x) = e^x then f'(x)=e^x and the whole ln thing too...
its not that i dont really get it (Well it was, but i got a tutor and did alot of work and learned it. i got an A on my last test to prove it) but the thing is, im only missing two assgnments, which i turned in today and have done well on the last few tests, but i still have a low C-... what the heck do i need to do to get a solid B in AP Calc?!?!?! and why doesnt my school offer a regular Calc class?

grrrr....

and plus, now its dead week, finals next... oh boy...
Old 12/12/05, 05:51 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I don't mean any disrespect either, but Alex Smith ain't looking good.

Peter King at CNNSI happens to agree with me. :P
Old 12/12/05, 07:50 PM
Post *****

ahh the skeptics, theres always a buncha ya :P

i dont really mind lol. i can see where all the opposition's points of views are coming for. i on the otherhad will keep on beleiving

and ill be laughing when we get the sixth super bowl in about 3-4 years
Old 12/12/05, 08:23 PM
My C/T is cooler than Arin is.

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i hate school... <_<
Old 12/12/05, 08:42 PM
Team Mustang Source

I hate school and I'm past that well sort of as we learn new things each and every day of our life and my son's in grade four and asks me things that I have 99 % forgotten nice to sharpen one up, helping him though ! when I hate something I have to do I find a way to do it best I can and time management is my biggest problem like now I have six police reports I have to have ready in the morning with pictures of some B & E's we had, so theres my home work arrrg 13 more days for a sleep in !
Old 12/12/05, 09:21 PM
I'm people, and I like.

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
Originally posted by mizanin@December 11, 2005, 4:56 PM
I mean no offense to you or your team, but one thing I learned from Cleveland's Tim Couch experience is that a bad team with a bad offensive line should never draft a QB in a high round. Our entire offense was so devoid of talent that I'm sure it ruined Couch.
Poor David Carr... The Texans organization ruined Carr. He was a very promising QB. It's four years now, and they still have the worst O-Line in the league... He's been sacked 61 times this season. Rookie season got sacked 76 times!
Old 12/12/05, 09:30 PM
Team Mustang Source

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpag...68/splits/2005
Old 12/13/05, 05:27 AM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

It is my firm belief 99% of the crap they make you use in school is useless-
For instance, I hate math.
I balance my checkbook so I can shop more...of course.
Aside from that- F math. I never use it. And If I have to I have calculators stuffed everywhere.

I don't use math at work either. Magic Excel does that for me.
Old 12/13/05, 02:34 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by thezeppelin8@December 12, 2005, 11:24 PM
:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
Poor David Carr... The Texans organization ruined Carr. He was a very promising QB. It's four years now, and they still have the worst O-Line in the league... He's been sacked 61 times this season. Rookie season got sacked 76 times!
Exactly, I believe it was Tim Couch's sack record that David Carr broke too. It was these two organizations that have led to my belief that a bad team shouldn't draft a QB high until and unless they have at minimum a decent O-line, and a decent TE or two to dump the ball to who can also block. And even then the young QB should preferably sit and watch and old veteran get his bones broken. I can't believe I'm about to say this, but Cincinnati is actually the best example I've seen of the proper way to bring about a young QB (still hard to believe the Bungles are now an example of anything good). Sat Palmer for a year while Kitna played. Even though they actually didn't want to sit Palmer that long, Kitna was just playing too good to bench, and Cincy has for quite a while been talented on paper.

I think if David Carr's confidence hasn't yet been crushed he can still become a decent QB, but not in Houston, he'll need a change of scenery, he probably has too many flashbacks every time he gets into Houston stadium.
Old 12/13/05, 02:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

Oh yeah, that natural log (ln) , actually all the logarithm stuff, yeah that stuff stinks.
Old 12/13/05, 08:42 PM
Post *****

yeah, logs in general are the scourge of Math. i dislike them, to be polite

on the plus side, my last test on antiderivitives, reimman sums summation notating and the like i got an A on... my first all year

and and and, i gotted my PSAT back... 90th percentile!!! WOOO!!

for the first time all year i WASNT afraid to tell my mom my score on something lol
Old 12/14/05, 02:29 PM

:w00t: congrats!
Old 12/14/05, 05:23 PM
Post *****

thanks you! but whats that for?
Old 12/14/05, 07:15 PM

double post...
Old 12/14/05, 08:34 PM
Post *****

alas, i forgive thee
Old 12/14/05, 09:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

That took a long time ! they say time heals
Old 12/15/05, 07:46 AM

I can't wait to get my ACT scores back. What did everyone else get on it?
Old 12/15/05, 09:20 AM
Mach 1 Member

I had a 26 on my ACT and a 1300 on my SAT back in the good ole days of 1996, whew long time ago, getting tired from hitting all these keys.

Quick Reply: Member Ranks