Announcements What You Need to Know

Forum Upgrade Complete

Old 3/5/08, 09:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Change is good right? I don't do change well.....
Old 3/6/08, 12:25 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I keep having to log in, it wont remember me.
Old 3/6/08, 12:42 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I too am having trouble staying logged in.

Other than that, it won't allow me to do anything other than "reset" my avatar, but not actually set one.

Lastly, I'm not a big fan of red. Is there any way that we could change back to the old "skin?" sorry if that has already been touched on in this thread.
Old 3/6/08, 12:45 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Scootr
I lost all my subscriptions... ...and I concur, the red is horrible.
For the threads that you have posted in, you could always use the "find all posts by" for "find all threads by" under your profile name and just re-subscribe.
Old 3/6/08, 04:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Like the old format better.
Old 3/6/08, 06:05 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Donna
Geez, you guys are brutal. It takes alot of work to move this large of a forum to a newer and better version of vbulletin. Forums have to be upgraded every so often to keep them from being vunerable to hackers. The skins can be changed fairly easily..
Donna aok with the forum upgrade to fix things but to make drastic changes to the look and feel of TMS was a surprise and frankly not very well received by the majority of the members including many of us contributors.

The one big reason I don't visit your forum is the look and feel, for me its horrible and difficult to navigate and to look at (not trying to be rude but just wanted to be honest) .

The reason I liked TMS outside of the great group of people here is the layout, look and feel, ease of use and heavy/active participating customer base.

Its a shame but as a few have said already, "If it ain't broke (look & feel) then don't fix it"
Old 3/6/08, 06:50 AM
Queen Of Nascar

Originally Posted by philster2003
Donna aok with the forum upgrade to fix things but to make drastic changes to the look and feel of TMS was a surprise and frankly not very well received by the majority of the members including many of us contributors.

The one big reason I don't visit your forum is the look and feel, for me its horrible and difficult to navigate and to look at (not trying to be rude but just wanted to be honest) .

The reason I liked TMS outside of the great group of people here is the layout, look and feel, ease of use and heavy/active participating customer base.

Its a shame but as a few have said already, "If it ain't broke (look & feel) then don't fix it"

Not trying to be rude but, I could personally care less if you like my forum or not. Thats not the point I was trying to make at all. The point is that the skins of the forums can be changed. Its not that big a deal. Give them time. Upgrades are difficult, especially with a forum of this magnitude. Sure, theres a few bugs to work out, and the colors may not have been perceived very well, but we are all guests here. If Brad or Scott or whomever, wants it red, purple, orange or yellow, thats their perogative. My opinion was/is that some of the comments here were pretty brutal.
Old 3/6/08, 07:01 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All my bookmarks are DEAD.

Thread subscriptions are gone.

Will this be resolved???
Old 3/6/08, 07:33 AM
Cobra Member

Well you are entitled to your opinion (God bless you) but for me just can't do your forum, way to hard on the eyes. But have fun with it, if it works for you and fulfills your desires then you have what you need.

And yes Brad can choose whatever format or colors he decides but if it drives his customer base away or alienates them then the results will be disastrous and loss of revenue probably not desirable.

Regardless I'll stick around as this is a great forum but it may reduce the overall time I spend here as a result of the look&feel. I know the paying vender's want us here as much as possible to reap the benefits of sales opportunities. Many of us have become great customers of these vender's (which is the intent) but less time may result in missed sales opportunities. Just a reality.

I'm hoping the feedback TMS is receiving regarding the changes is noted and helpful in helping Brad make the right decision for him and the forum and its customers and it restores what was. The feedback seems overwhelmingly driven to restoring what was (look & feel), many who have posted are ongoing contributors who's feedback I would think is very important in the overall decision making process. And the fixing of whats under the covers is great and appreciated. That helps us all with enjoying a pleasant customer experience.

But I'm still having trouble dealing with the use of Red Font color, I know in the business world we generally stay away from using Red coloring with "Font color" except to highlight a word or point. Not generally used as a global color choice.

Enough said, I'm sure it will work itself out soon enough.
Old 3/6/08, 07:42 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
You do realize that the thread you are all posting is in a complete thread I did from 2006 right. And If I read the first post correctly, I did say that the upgrade was complete and that I had got some things done and some things I still had to work on, but again that was in 2006.

This had nothing to do with the downtime we've had the past few days, that was to correct the subscription problem, which resulted in having to reload the ENTIRE forum from scratch and then import the database over. Now VB doesnt have a good import thing, which puts me in a not so pleasent mood, which is why everythings not linked like it was before and all. Over the next few days, we are going to be trying to correct as many things back as possible and get it as close to normal as we can.

As i've learned on this site in the past, I know we cant make everyone happy, and if i could, someone would kill me.
Old 3/6/08, 07:58 AM
Cobra Member

Double post ooops

Last edited by NYNY53; 3/6/08 at 08:25 AM. Reason: Double post
Old 3/6/08, 08:02 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Scothew
You do realize that the thread you are all posting is in a complete thread I did from 2006 right. And If I read the first post correctly, I did say that the upgrade was complete and that I had got some things done and some things I still had to work on, but again that was in 2006.

This had nothing to do with the downtime we've had the past few days, that was to correct the subscription problem, which resulted in having to reload the ENTIRE forum from scratch and then import the database over. Now VB doesnt have a good import thing, which puts me in a not so pleasent mood, which is why everythings not linked like it was before and all. Over the next few days, we are going to be trying to correct as many things back as possible and get it as close to normal as we can.

As i've learned on this site in the past, I know we cant make everyone happy, and if i could, someone would kill me.
Outstanding and thank you. To bad the import functionality is less then desired. Been there done that from my previous IT life. Seems like its sorting itself out, slowly but Shirley

Appreciate the work, to bad its such a laborious process
Old 3/6/08, 08:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Every time I log on now it's better and better. Thanks for listening!
Old 3/6/08, 09:23 AM
Cobra Member

Was the issue of not receiving subscriptions addressed in this update.
Old 3/6/08, 09:27 AM
The Mustang Source FOUNDER

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Yes. Subscriptions work now.
Old 3/6/08, 09:27 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by philster2003
I lost ALL my subscriptions,are they coming back?

I have to say not sure of all the changes but it seems we took a step back.
Mine are gone also, I hope they come back or I have lost a lot of information I was saving.
Old 3/6/08, 09:29 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by TMSBrad
Yes. Subscriptions work now.
Thanks Brad.
Old 3/6/08, 04:37 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 342 Likes on 215 Posts
Originally Posted by Donna
Geez, you guys are brutal. It takes alot of work...
There is nothing more imposing and persuasive than the soliciting of charity with a loaded gun.

Old 3/6/08, 06:08 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by MustangLynda
Hi there guys -
I appreciate all the work you guys put into this site, but...but....PLEASE PUT IT BACK THE WAY IT WAS!!!

One initial attraction to this site is that it was very easy to read and really easy to navigate. The print now is WAY too small and the red is KILLING my eyes. PLEASE......

I tried to find a place under "user CP" to enlarge the type and couldn't find anything - is it there and I'm missing it?
Yep that about sums it up. Stressing again I appreciate all the hard work it certainly took to change but sometimes you simply need to leave things as is.

And alll my subscriptions are gone

Last edited by 06GT4RAD; 3/6/08 at 06:12 PM.
Old 3/6/08, 10:02 PM
The Man... keeping you down.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Forum Upgrade Complete