Announcements What You Need to Know

Ford Celebrates Its Very Own Movie Star

Search this Thread

Old 2/23/04, 09:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thanks Brad. I knew the blue Mustang was in one of the Connery movies but couldn't remember which one. I should have figured it was Thunderball as it's my least favorite of the early bond films. Now the white Stang going at it with the Aston Martin in Goldfinger is a different story!
Old 2/23/04, 09:59 PM
Mach 1 Member

1965 Mustang - Thunderball

Brad, any chance that this article will be featured on Feb 28th?
Old 2/23/04, 10:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

congrats brad :worship: :worship: :w00t:
Old 2/23/04, 10:14 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cools... yah i remember that mustang now.

thanx guys for the help
Old 2/23/04, 10:36 PM

The Charger lost more hubcaps than it had, but mostly because they showed the same jumps and turns from every imaginable angle. That's why you see the Beetle so much. They don't pass it 6 or 8 times. They pass it once and play it 6 or 8 times.

A bit of useless trivia: In Bullit, they use footage shot on Taylor Street (see website) again later in the chase, which was the day the green Beetle was used in filming

This was edited in such a way that the casual observer won't notice that they are back on the same street, but the green Beetle gives this away

So it's not so much that they are trying to show the same scene from different angles, but just the opposite - they are trying to present the same footage from different angles as if it is different scenes when in reality it's the same scene

Clear as mud?

P.S. The first paragraph is attributed to Brad - how do I cut and paste from the board as others are doing?
Old 2/23/04, 10:52 PM
V6 Member

Steve McQueen was in another movie with a 1971-73 Mustang, I couldn't tell ya what it was, I only caught the last half of it, but there was a chase scene or 2 or 3 in it, Also he ran across the top of a train and drove the heck outa a Tow Truck in a parking garage as the bad dude flew off the top floor with his car. There was also a scene at the end where he was taking a pregnant woman to the Hospital cuzz she was about to diliver in the the car. and he wound up fainting when she gave birth in the car. well thats all I can remember. What the name of the movie? Cuzz I don't know. hehe

Congrats Brad, you da man,,
Old 2/23/04, 11:23 PM

The Getaway?
Old 2/24/04, 01:54 AM
V6 Member

Originally posted by 67fastback@Feb. 23rd, 2004, 11:39 PM
P.S. The first paragraph is attributed to Brad - how do I cut and paste from the board as others are doing?
Go to the post that you want to copy. If you look in the upper right corner of the box you'll see the Quote button, press that. You can then edit and remove everything except what is relevent to what you wanted to respond to. Then type your response in the box above the quote just like a regular post. Hope that helps.
Old 2/24/04, 03:11 AM

I'm not 100% positive of this, but more than likely you will see AT LEAST one '60s era Mustang in the upcoming film, "In Control of All Things" ("IN CONTROL OF ALL THINGS takes a different look at the famous Zodiac Killer case from other screen treatments of the murders. More than a simple crime story, the film is an emotional thriller focusing on the murders' impact on victims, their families and the wider community. The film follows a police detective (Chambers) and his son (Culkin) who become obsessed with the murders and endanger their family in the process."- Taken from IMDB.com).

I say "not 100% positive" due to the fact that this movie is not yet out (2004 date as of right now)and I have yet to see the finished product...
BUT, much of the movie was filmed in my hometown, (Vallejo, CA where just so happens the Zodiac Killer committed some of his more known murders as many of you are probably familiar) and I was lucky enough to attend some of the shoots. During one of the days of shooting, I was talking to someone from the film company and half seriously brought up the idea of having my '67 Mustang in a scene or some scenes. He said it'd be great, we conversated about how everything would work, he wrote down the year/color/make/model etc. of my car, had some people look at my car (which i had drove over to the shoot that night), and got my number. He had said they "already had a few mustangs" that were going to be in the movie "but it would be nice to have more". Nearby I saw one of the Mustangs that was said to be in the film. I can't remember the year (I was too busy thinking about how my car was going to be in the film, HA) but I know it was a red color and that it was not a '67, more than likely a '66.

Well, an already long story made a lil' bit shorter... for a reason (or reasons) unknown :scratch: , I unfortunately never got in contact with them again about my car being in the film .

So keep an eye out... I bet you'll see a couple of these American classics in the flick .

www.imdb.com "In Control of All Things"
Old 2/24/04, 03:18 AM
V6 Member

Too bad it didn't work out for you SixSeven but a cool story nonetheless. B)
Old 2/24/04, 08:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by WTdesign@Feb. 23rd, 2004, 11:55 PM
Steve McQueen was in another movie with a 1971-73 Mustang, I couldn't tell ya what it was, I only caught the last half of it, but there was a chase scene or 2 or 3 in it, Also he ran across the top of a train and drove the heck outa a Tow Truck in a parking garage as the bad dude flew off the top floor with his car. There was also a scene at the end where he was taking a pregnant woman to the Hospital cuzz she was about to diliver in the the car. and he wound up fainting when she gave birth in the car. well thats all I can remember. What the name of the movie? Cuzz I don't know. hehe

Congrats Brad, you da man,,
I am pretty sure that movie is Hunter.
Old 2/24/04, 08:42 AM
GT Member

Yes, it was. That was also his last movie...
Old 2/24/04, 10:49 AM
V6 Member

yup thats it, The Hunter, thanks guys

I could be wrong, but I can't find any photos of the Mustang, alot of other cars though. I thought it was a red 1971 Fastback in red but not sure if I'm mixing another movie up. Could be I saw a Bond movie I never watched.

Did that car drive thru some city and around a parking lot in the city trying to dodge another car.

EDIT--After Looking at that Bond movie, I'm starting to think thats got to be the car I was thinking of. Sorry guys thought I was onto something.
Old 2/24/04, 07:22 PM

Originally posted by TGIFord@Feb. 24th, 2004, 4:21 AM
Too bad it didn't work out for you SixSeven but a cool story nonetheless. B)
Yeah... definitely would've been a lot more to talk about if it went through. What can you do though
Old 2/26/04, 11:07 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm proud to own a movie star
Old 3/12/04, 10:17 AM

You can't forget the Stang that Boss Hogg drove when he raced Uncle Jessie. I think it was a black '64 Coupe.