Testing, Help, Site Feedback and Suggestions Test vBulletin's Features and Tell Us What You Like and Don't Like and Offer Suggestions for Improvement

Why doesn't the edit button work?

Search this Thread

Old 12/5/14, 12:41 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Why doesn't the edit button work?

Scott - why doesn't the edit button work all the time??

Brings up a blank box even though the post shows in the thread. Only seems to happen in posts with links or copy/paste pics.

On a desktop, W8, IE10.

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...5/#post6873521

Last edited by cdynaco; 12/5/14 at 12:45 AM.
Old 12/5/14, 06:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
click harder??
Old 12/18/14, 04:09 PM
Post *****

Still can't quote you Lee. Come on Scott or whoever runs this IB joint now...

How about a little of that "management" help.
Old 12/18/14, 05:02 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Old 12/18/14, 05:29 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
Scott - why doesn't the edit button work all the time??

Brings up a blank box even though the post shows in the thread. Only seems to happen in posts with links or copy/paste pics.

On a desktop, W8, IE10.

https://themustangsource.com/forums/...5/#post6873521
It works for me
Old 12/18/14, 07:33 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by eguillen3.7
It works for me
Make a post with an outside link from say a news site. Then try to edit your own post afterwards. See if it works then.
Old 1/7/15, 07:05 PM
Post *****

Old 1/8/15, 05:23 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 125 Likes on 101 Posts
I was just thinking. Maybe you've been so many times, the program that runs the Forum doesn't know if your an 'active' member or not.

Old 1/8/15, 06:20 AM
Legacy TMS Member

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...cmp=latestnews

yo

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015...cmp=latestnews

my edit /\
Old 1/8/15, 06:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Charlie, I'll send a PM to the administrators.
Old 1/8/15, 07:00 AM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Charlie-

You are currently setup with Enhanced Editor Toolbar (WYSIWYG) within Editor Interface . . . meaning you should have the capability to perform edits.

This option determines the editor toolbar that is present when this user is composing a post. The editor toolbar provides shortcuts making it easy to add BB code elements to posts without knowing the codes themselves.

The standard editor toolbar provides shortcuts to all BB code tags, inserting the final code directly into the post.

The WYSIWYG editor toolbar provides the same functionality as the standard editor toolbar, plus it shows you what the post will look like instead of just showing you the final code... hence WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get).
Obviously you are unable to edit, so I'm unsure of the issue. Outside of Scott digging deeper into the global issue, I could change your status to the Standard Editor Toolbar in an attempt to focus on where the issue seems to be . . .

And you Edit Permissions are set to "Yes" in all forums.

Last edited by Evil_Capri; 1/8/15 at 07:04 AM.
Old 1/8/15, 11:29 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by tom281
Charlie, I'll send a PM to the administrators.
Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
Charlie-

You are currently setup with Enhanced Editor Toolbar (WYSIWYG) within Editor Interface . . . meaning you should have the capability to perform edits.

Obviously you are unable to edit, so I'm unsure of the issue. Outside of Scott digging deeper into the global issue, I could change your status to the Standard Editor Toolbar in an attempt to focus on where the issue seems to be . . .

And you Edit Permissions are set to "Yes" in all forums.
Thank you. I have always been able to edit fine - like since 2007 (and I haven't changed any settings). Until right about the time IB rolled out its new app. Though I don't use the app, only a desktop W8/IE10 as I noted.

As long as I don't paste in outside info - in other words if I am just my entering my own typing like right now - I can edit fine.

But its not just editing my posts that I'm having occasional problems with...

Sometimes when I 'quote' to make a reply to someone else's post that has linked material pasted, the quote box is completely empty. This happened last night with my reply to denlem's weather thread post (he had a weather forecast pic posted in his post). I had to close the quote box, simply hit reply and enter my own text, post it, copy denlem's sentence from the thread itself, then edit my post and paste in his sentence and add the quote brackets manually.
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...2/#post6885590

The only other browser I have is Opera and it lets me edit everything aok, but I don't like to use it. My preferred browser is IE.

Just providing as much info as I can for the tech wizards to fix whatever.

Thanx again.

Last edited by cdynaco; 1/8/15 at 11:46 AM.
Old 1/15/15, 06:40 AM
Post *****

Update -

The post editing issues with IE 10 is a known problem caused by one of our ad partners. There shouldn't be any issues with any other browsers . . . Unfortunately, we're kind of at the ad partner's mercy, because they won't give our tech team the permissions they need to fix it themselves or they would.
Old 1/15/15, 09:17 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Just make Charlie a mod... will that fix it?
Old 1/15/15, 10:46 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Whoa whoa whoa somethings ain't worth fixing!
Old 1/15/15, 10:53 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Add partners
Old 1/15/15, 01:26 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri
Update -
That's as lame as it gets Jason. You can tell them that.
I post on numerous forums and their "ad partners" apparently realize that you have to make your stuff work on the most popular web browsers, because those forums do not have the issue. And they are pretty much all vBulletin based.
So not only is IB ignoring many of its desktop members, but the ad partners aren't going to get eyeballs for much longer either. Maybe they should consider that.
IB is an absolute fail by not demanding ad partners software is compatible - if it really is the actual issue. Hell they can't even get around to fixing their App in a timely fashion according to the other post. They have to wait in line for weeks for a known issue??

Believe it or not, the entire world is not on a device and an App. The issue only came about with the new IB App. From what I have seen, TMS members with Apps can quote my posts fine. But those on a desktop (prob IE) like Lee cannot.
So the issue is with IB when they created their App and made the foolish decision to not insure their crap still works with one of the leading desktop browsers.
Thank you for your efforts, but screw IB's pathetic performance and their irreverent customer service to their members. Without us they are nothing remember??

Last edited by cdynaco; 1/15/15 at 01:31 PM.
Old 1/15/15, 01:42 PM
Post *****

Quote:
The post editing issues with IE 10 is a known problem caused by one of our ad partners. There shouldn't be any issues with any other browsers . . . Unfortunately, we're kind of at the ad partner's mercy, because they won't give our tech team the permissions they need to fix it themselves or they would.

PS: If it was a known issue, then why didn't they respond a long time ago? Scott sent them something prior to me starting this thread. What exactly does IB Tech department do all day long?? Besides :blank: ?
Old 1/15/15, 02:31 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
I don't use IE. I use Firefox and I can't quote some people's post when they put a link in their post or copy/paste something in their post (charlie for one, others I can quote). And when I type a post, if I hit preview, it will show up, but it erases what I typed in the box below so I have to go back to the page before to to hit post or type it all over again.

And I can't edit my post if its one with a link in it, but I can quote a post or edit a post with a youtube link / embedded in it.
Old 1/15/15, 02:50 PM
Post *****

I'll keep pressing and digging for answers, thanks for the added information.

Quick Reply: Why doesn't the edit button work?