Testing, Help, Site Feedback and Suggestions Test vBulletin's Features and Tell Us What You Like and Don't Like and Offer Suggestions for Improvement

Suggestions For Stickies and Subforums

Search this Thread

Old 9/12/09, 10:29 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Suggestions For Stickies and Subforums

I know it was suggested before the crash, but I think that it would be very nice to have Mod sections in the SN95 forum. I know that you don't have as much traffic there, and so if it really demands that much more upkeep, then I definitely understand, but I would really like to keep cool modding in a special place. If it's just a hassle to make them, and then just as much upkeep as before, then I would be very appreciative of the effort. I'd even be willing to volunteer myself as a section mod if that would be helpful.

Second, I think there needs to be a sticky in the SN95 section.

1) 05+ Wheels Do Work On SN95's.

Use spacers, but they will bolt right on perfectly fine.

That question is asked every few weeks, and as much of an advocate I am of USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION NEWB I know that it doesn't happen a lot of the time and that would simplify at least that question. I would like to add others too, but I can't remember what they are right now, so I'll add more to the list later.

Thanks for even considering it guys.
Old 9/15/09, 09:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Old 9/16/09, 01:08 AM

Please sticky these two links in the SN95 section if possible.

S197 Wheels on an SN95
https://themustangsource.com/showthread.php?p=5734232

How To: LED HVAC and Gauges
https://themustangsource.com/showthread.php?t=477004
Old 9/16/09, 07:07 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
threads stickied.

Im still undecided on teh mods section. I mean it already has a gt and v6 specific forum which if you look at the s197 forum, thats pretty much the same setup.
Old 9/16/09, 12:43 PM

Like I've stated before, I just think it would be really nice to keep the fun stuff separated from the mundane "what kind of oil do I need to use" type trivial things. I wouldn't even care about the GT/V6 subforums of it, because it's just a seperate place to put cool stuff.

There really aren't any rules and regs as to what should go where. The forums seem to just be used for "if you want lots of people to look, put it in the open forum, if you don't really care, categorize."

The way that I think it should be split up is a tech section, with people asking technical questions or giving technical advice, a mod section, where people can post up all of their modifications, and an open forum where all of the "Just washed my car, here are some pics!" and where the "diaries" can go.

Like I said before, though, if it's a lot of work, forget I even suggested it, because I'm not trying to make it hard on you guys. I just think it would be neat to have defined separation to make it easier to navigate, and clearer as to where one's post belongs.
Old 9/16/09, 06:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Scothew

Im still undecided on teh mods section. I mean it already has a gt and v6 specific forum which if you look at the s197 forum, thats pretty much the same setup.

the 05 up section has performance mods, exterior mods, interior mods and a few others. We just want a general mod section to post when we make a tutorial or do some kind of cool mod to keep it from getting lost in all the "my brakes are making a loud grrrr sound what could it be? There's a bear hiding in the fender let it out." kind of stuff

Last edited by bluethunderhorse; 9/16/09 at 06:42 PM.
Old 11/20/09, 01:05 AM

Had another idea for a sticky in the V8 board of the SN95 section. I am so sick of people talking about general SN95 tech in the V8 and V6 specific sections, and it really needs to stop. I wrote this, and I was going to post it, but decided that it should probably be approved by the almighty mods first, so here it is.

Title: Read This Before Posting in This Forum

This forum is for questions regarding 94-04 V8 Mustangs which do not pertain to V6 Mustangs. If your question deals with the engine or equipment not included on the V6; including but not limited to the transmission (96-04), the differential (8.8 inch), and Cobra IRS, then this forum is where you should post.

This forum is not for posting questions simply to state that your car is a V8. When it comes to what seats you should buy having a V8 does not matter, just as why your car pulls to the left when you brake does not have to do with having a V6. Anything that has to do with suspension(springs, control arms, panhard bars, watts links, dampers, coil overs), audio, exterior modifications, or standard brakes(GT/V6) do not belong on this forum.

This forum gets less traffic than the parent forum, and therefore posting here instead of in the basic SN95 forum is only hurting your chances of someone knowledgeable seeing your question.

I've posted something similar in a bunch of threads basically saying "So what it has a V8? That has nothing to do with the question." My biggest reason for the anger today is yet another thread asking about fitting 05+ wheels on a GT in the V8 section. It makes me pretty irritated that no one even bothers to read the stickies in the parent forum, and instead goes straight to the child board that doesn't pertain to their question.