Testing, Help, Site Feedback and Suggestions Test vBulletin's Features and Tell Us What You Like and Don't Like and Offer Suggestions for Improvement

Forum Migration Issue Reporting Thread

Search this Thread

Old 5/8/06, 05:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Any way to change the way that it determines whether or not you have read a thread? The old way where it would show all threads as unread, unless you atually open that thread was IMO much better, and one of the great things about this board.
Old 5/8/06, 06:17 PM
Team Mustang Source Legacy Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
How about changing the overall color.
This color scheme looks just like one of those other Mustang sites.
(or can we do it ourselves?)

Also, is there anyway to make our name a link to our general profile? (not talking about in a post, but on the main pages - see pic) I used that all the time with the old site.
Attached Images  
Old 5/8/06, 06:25 PM
After all these years,
My C/T still sucks!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by freebass55
****, April's still here...

Now about my CT- I don't like being one of the sheeps.
Old 5/8/06, 06:51 PM
Cobra Member

I've updated my Sig. but it doesn't show up when I post......???
Old 5/8/06, 08:19 PM
The Man... keeping you down.

Originally Posted by StangNut
How about changing the overall color.
This color scheme looks just like one of those other Mustang sites.
(or can we do it ourselves?)

Also, is there anyway to make our name a link to our general profile? (not talking about in a post, but on the main pages - see pic) I used that all the time with the old site.
Jason;

You can click a users name on the left-hand side to activate a dropdown that gives the clickee a number of options. See the attached picture for an example:
Attached Thumbnails Forum Migration Issue Reporting Thread-userdropdown.jpg  
Old 5/8/06, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mustang69-05
I've updated my Sig. but it doesn't show up when I post......???
Jay;

I can see your sig (see attached picture). You need to make sure your options are set to show sigs and avatars.
Attached Thumbnails Forum Migration Issue Reporting Thread-jayssig-large-.jpg  
Old 5/8/06, 09:08 PM

Originally Posted by Sendero
Jason;

You can click a users name on the left-hand side to activate a dropdown that gives the clickee a number of options. See the attached picture for an example:
Yes, but I was talking about a way to click on your own name when you don't have a thread open like the one in your pic.
On the old board anywhere your name popped up, not just in one of your own post, you could click on it to go to the profile. People use it to look up their own posts.
Old 5/8/06, 09:18 PM

Yes, but I was talking about a way to click on your own name when you don't have a thread open like the one in your pic.
On the old board anywhere your name popped up, not just in one of your own post, you could click on it to go to the profile. People use it to look up their own posts.
Like this?

Edit: I get what you are saying. Search function would be the best option to use.
Attached Thumbnails Forum Migration Issue Reporting Thread-userdropdownarrow.jpg  
Old 5/8/06, 09:27 PM

Yeah. That's what we have to do on other boards. It used to be a lot easier on here.
Old 5/9/06, 08:07 AM
I'm people, and I like.

Originally Posted by freebass55
****, April's still here...

good one.

Well, I was posting a Profile Picture, but the limit is 200 BYTES, I beleive that is really low
Old 5/9/06, 08:31 AM
Bullitt Member

What is being done, about the attachments, as in the picture or file attachments uploaded by members of TMS,, a lot of threads rely on the pictures or the files posted, now if you look at the posts the are from before the migration, you will notice that you can’t see the attachments, which is really annoying since lets say someone attached pictures of his new wheels,, (now we can’t see them anymore) or someone attaches a pdf file with usefull information on how to go about doing stuff. Also gone, so now 80% of the forum is has inadequate information.
Old 5/9/06, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by 199
What is being done, about the attachments, as in the picture or file attachments uploaded by members of TMS,, a lot of threads rely on the pictures or the files posted, now if you look at the posts the are from before the migration, you will notice that you can’t see the attachments, which is really annoying since lets say someone attached pictures of his new wheels,, (now we can’t see them anymore) or someone attaches a pdf file with usefull information on how to go about doing stuff.
We are working on relinking all the attachments.

EDIT: I am assuming you are only talking about attachments before the migration. You do know attachments work now, right?

Also gone, so now 80% of the forum is has inadequate information.
Define "inadequate" please.
Old 5/9/06, 08:37 AM
Bullitt Member

Define "inadequate" please.
incomplete
Old 5/9/06, 08:55 AM

Originally Posted by 199
incomplete
I'm trying to diagnose what "incomplete" is. Are you missing posts? Is something bugged? Is the place on fire? Throw me a fricken bone here.
Old 5/9/06, 09:22 AM

Throw me a fricken bone here.

I think he's only talking about migrated attachments. So the 80% is refering to old posts that someone would use as reference material.
Old 5/9/06, 10:02 AM
GT Member

I dont know if anyone has posted this yet, but I cannot view my PM's. It says I have 1 unread message and when it goes to my inbox, it says 0 and I cannot view any in my inbox or sent.
Old 5/9/06, 10:17 AM
Bullitt Member

I'm trying to diagnose what "incomplete" is. Are you missing posts? Is something bugged? Is the place on fire? Throw me a fricken bone here.

i couldn't find a bone

anyways
all the post should be there (from what i understand), im not missing any posts, im just saying that the attachments are missing,, so without the attachments the threads/posts seem useless (incomplete, inadequate) , i hope u understood what im talking about
Old 5/9/06, 12:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can you please bring back the "Today's active topics" link that was above the Active Users on the old site. The "New Posts" link at the top only goes back as far as the last time you visited. The old site would let you go back as far as you wanted (as in Today, Last Week, Last Month...). You know, just in case your boss happens to sneak up on you and you have to quickly close out, you can find your place later when he finally leaves you alone.
Old 5/9/06, 01:10 PM

I'm starting to get multiple emails for each thread I'm subscribed to. The old site would send one email for each response. (VERY annoying) It seemed like the new site was only sending one email for the first response and then stop sending them (no matter how many respones there were) until you checked the thread. PLEASE tell me that's the way the new site is set up and I'm just confused.... as usual.
Old 5/9/06, 01:20 PM

I'm starting to get multiple emails for each thread I'm subscribed to. The old site would send one email for each response. (VERY annoying) It seemed like the new site was only sending one email for the first response and then stop sending them (no matter how many respones there were) until you checked the thread. PLEASE tell me that's the way the new site is set up and I'm just confused.... as usual.
You've got me confused...

Anyways, there are three options for subscription notification:
  • Instant Notification - which notifies you the instant a new reply comes in.
  • Daily Notification - One email, each day.
  • Weekly Notification - One email, once a week.

The "batching" mail system is enabled which sends forum emails out in batches (can you image the amount of mail traffic we generate). If you are constantly checking the forums, you might catch a new reply before the email gets to you.

Of course, these features are found under Options in the User CP.

Quick Reply: Forum Migration Issue Reporting Thread