Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Wrecked 2013 Boss 302/ Attn. Deysha

Search this Thread

Old 7/4/13, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wrecked 2013 Boss 302/ Attn. Deysha

Good Morning, My name is Dave and I have an issue with my new Boss. A friend of mine told me about this site, and I was hoping for some ideas on how to get Ford to help me with this. So far they have passed me around to multiple reps, and after a dozen or so calls and emails to Ford Corp. they have become non responsive. I have a claim#, so any ideas on how to bypass the frontline reps and get upstairs to the oval office for some instant action would be appreciated.-----Bought the car in Sept. 2012. Drove it home and parked it in my shop. 1500 mile drive to get it home. Only a few sunny day drives over the winter, now at about 2500 miles. I pulled it out a couple months ago for it's first wash (since purchased) for the show season, and was horrified to discover a colored paste wax of some kind covering up dents and bondo in the hood. Also found sanding scratches and overspray on fender and front facia. Someone did a cheap stripe mask off and partial hood repaint that looks terrible. I called the selling dealer to report issues, took it to my local dealer for pics and documentation. The selling dealer blamed me for wrecking the car, and said, you bought it, you own the problem. If we believed everything customers told us, we wouldn't make any money. My local dealer has spoken with a rep about my situation and verified that I need a new hood, stripes and all. The reps response was-- "No way. We can't fix that. The selling dealer said they did not cover up damage, and we will not allow warranty in this situation. Ford is not responsible for paint work here." Now what in the world am I to do with that type of response? This car was wrecked before I bought it, and someone went to a lot of trouble trying to cover it up. Deysha, if you are out there, could you please push this up the line to someone that can make this right? I have already obtained legal advice and am prepared to take action on principle alone here. I know that will cost more than the fix, but I feel like Ford is sticking it to me big time here. I am open to any ideas out there. Please respond with thoughts. By the way FORD, I currently own 6 Mustangs and 5 Super Dutys. I am about ready to trade the entire lot in on DODGES. FRUSTRATED DAVE
Old 7/4/13, 12:51 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
I don't think your problem is with Ford, but with the selling dealer.

And no offense, but if its that bad, how could you have not noticed damage like that when doing a pre-sale inspection of the vehicle or during the 6 plus months of ownership?

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 7/4/13 at 12:53 PM.
Old 7/4/13, 01:19 PM

Colored wax, done right to cover up imperfections. Had I washed sooner I would have noticed sooner. You are correct. If the selling dealer is where the buck stops, then I am at a dead end already. Thanks for the thoughts. Happy 4th.
Old 7/4/13, 02:27 PM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So is there a way to really inspect the vehicle properly upon delivery. I have a GT on order and although I'm not worried at all it is still important to be a savvy buyer (of anything these days). So, what would be the best way to inspect the vehicle on pickup? Can a blacklight be used to show problems in the paint and dents?

Maybe this should be in another thread. I don't want to take over this thread cause I know you want answers and probably couldn't care less right now about what should a proper inspection in tail, but unfortunately we have to learn from poor experiences to improve our knowledge and protect ourselves.
So if you want it moved just reply to move it and then we can start another thread on this. I haven't seen this topic on here before, but I've only been in here for a year in and out.
Old 7/4/13, 02:41 PM

Get a good Attorney and sue the beegeebies outta the selling dealer. There is documentation at time of sale/purchase verifying the condition of the car. This should include the dealer guarantee that the car is not wrecked or has not been wrecked. I don't know why you would not sue, or have you even thought about it.

Last edited by drg3824; 7/4/13 at 02:43 PM.
Old 7/4/13, 02:53 PM
Bullitt Member

It sounds like the car wasn't wrecked, but rather something was dropped on it.

Whatever happened to this car, happened beyond ford's control. Ford would just fix the car before it was shipped. Nobody outside the process would know. They'd pull another hood from stock, paint it, install it, the end. Nobody else would ever know because it would all be factory quality. Manufacturers of just about everything worth anything tend to have a repair area that assembled product goes to if it has issues. No way to tell these from the others.

Furthermore, if a car were damaged like that at a Ford dealership they would have their body shop, be it in house or outsourced fix it properly. This is cosmetic damage, there's no savings in doing it half-assed at the dealer level. Most shoddy body work is about skipping the expensive things people can't see. This kind of repair is practically all labor and the labor is the same doing it half-assed or properly. They would have done it to sell the car so they would be motivated to do it right. They might skip a new hood but it would have been removed from the car to do the work and it would be of far better quality. It's only four bolts to undo.

Now this is where it gets hairy... is where you stored it, your shop, accessible to other people? What I am imagining here is someone messed up the car. They dropped something on the hood and then tried to cover it up with their own horrific body work skills, resulting in more damaged parts.
Old 7/4/13, 03:13 PM
GT Member

Get a lawyer. The selling dealership should have some paperwork for the fix but they aren't just going to give it to you. I had a similar issue with my Camaro SS. In the meantime, get ahold of the states attorney for whatever state the dealership is in and file a complaint with them. Also make a report with the BBB. Good Luck!
Old 7/4/13, 03:38 PM
Just Plain Rude!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
It has nothing to do with ford. You need to deal with the selling dealership. But, like someone else mentioned, it sounds like someone you know messed it up and tried to hide it. Can you post some pics of how bad it is?
Old 7/5/13, 12:18 PM
V6 Member

For all you know it came from the factory this way. So it is a problem for both Ford and the dealer. I can tell you that any plaintiff's counsel will be chasing both the dealer and Ford. He will let them work it out between themselves.

Deysha is the best source for assistance in that this is something that should be worked out. The dealer's position is ridiculous and displays the type of arrogance that breeds litigation.
Old 7/5/13, 12:34 PM

Thanks to all for your thoughts and comments. Damage did happened before I got the car. It appears that my Ford rep will be offering up some type of solution for me soon, I hope. One of you ordered a new car, enjoy that baby. You won't have my issue with yours, but the only way I would have seen my problems was to wash the car on the spot before I drove it off. It is a sad situation, but the bottom line here is that this car was detailed and prepped with 100% intent to deceive a buyer, which was me, and it worked. Some people are just not very honest. I do love the car, and will move on and get this taken care of one way or another. Thanks again for your comments. Enjoy this summer. Dave
Old 7/5/13, 12:38 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Davethecarguy
Thanks to all for your thoughts and comments. Damage did happened before I got the car. It appears that my Ford rep will be offering up some type of solution for me soon, I hope. One of you ordered a new car, enjoy that baby. You won't have my issue with yours, but the only way I would have seen my problems was to wash the car on the spot before I drove it off. It is a sad situation, but the bottom line here is that this car was detailed and prepped with 100% intent to deceive a buyer, which was me, and it worked. Some people are just not very honest. I do love the car, and will move on and get this taken care of one way or another. Thanks again for your comments. Enjoy this summer. Dave
Dave--Scroll up and send Deysha a pm over this Board. She is great about responding. She is Ms PR for Ford.
Old 7/5/13, 01:16 PM
Supporting Vendor

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts
Do you have any pictures btw? So we can see exactly what you are talking about?

-Nick C.
Old 7/6/13, 03:24 PM
LCC
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 97GT12
It sounds like the car wasn't wrecked, but rather something was dropped on it.

Whatever happened to this car, happened beyond ford's control. Ford would just fix the car before it was shipped. Nobody outside the process would know. They'd pull another hood from stock, paint it, install it, the end. Nobody else would ever know because it would all be factory quality. Manufacturers of just about everything worth anything tend to have a repair area that assembled product goes to if it has issues. No way to tell these from the others.

Furthermore, if a car were damaged like that at a Ford dealership they would have their body shop, be it in house or outsourced fix it properly. This is cosmetic damage, there's no savings in doing it half-assed at the dealer level. Most shoddy body work is about skipping the expensive things people can't see. This kind of repair is practically all labor and the labor is the same doing it half-assed or properly. They would have done it to sell the car so they would be motivated to do it right. They might skip a new hood but it would have been removed from the car to do the work and it would be of far better quality. It's only four bolts to undo.

Now this is where it gets hairy... is where you stored it, your shop, accessible to other people? What I am imagining here is someone messed up the car. They dropped something on the hood and then tried to cover it up with their own horrific body work skills, resulting in more damaged parts.
Originally Posted by stupidgenius36
It has nothing to do with ford. You need to deal with the selling dealership. But, like someone else mentioned, it sounds like someone you know messed it up and tried to hide it. Can you post some pics of how bad it is?
DING, DING...

No way this is a "Ford" problem. I assume this is a brand new car? Then I would be surprised at the dealership as well. There is no benefit to cover up a problem caused at the dealer without it properly being fixed. I feel bad for your situation, but I would look closer to your circle of people then someone else.

I have seen this before, nothing to do with dealer or supplier, but untrustworthy kids.. Good luck.
Old 7/10/13, 02:17 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to TMS!
Old 7/10/13, 06:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 781 Likes on 570 Posts
your up a creek with no paddle. After 6 months I wouldn't help you either. maybe after a couple of days sure.
Old 7/10/13, 06:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Glenn
your up a creek with no paddle. After 6 months I wouldn't help you either. maybe after a couple of days sure.
Back in 2003 when I bought my F150, I looked over the truck as best I could at the dealership, I was so excited. Took it home and was washing it for the first time, took out the step stool to reach the roof, and was shocked to see a huge scratch in the roof. It was immediately clear to me that a chain on the train must have come loose and was swinging back and forth all the way from the factory to the dealer.

I took it back THE NEXT DAY and the dealer put it into their body shop the day after, and took care of it, and gave me a rental for the two days.

I hate to say it but after six months the burden is on you to prove who what how why where and when it happened.