Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Took Delivery Today!

Search this Thread

Old 2/19/05, 10:39 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If anyone remembers, I had originally ordered an 05 GT Premium, Auto, Sonic Blue. Only, just before it arrived, I had second thoughts about trading in my 03 Mach1 5spd. I thought about keeping the Mach1 and getting the 05 too. I thought this would be possible if I could just get the dealer to just discount the 05 a little more. Well it didn't work out and I just let the dealer sell the 05 to someone else. Anyhow, I quickly regretted letting the car go. I just had to have this new generation of Mustang, so again, I decided it WAS time to give up the Mach1 and started looking for its replacement.

Well today, I came across a beautiful Black GT Premium, IUP & ICAP (red leather), 5 speed manual, upgraded wheels, and active theft. Only had 4 miles on it. They gave me the trade-in $$ I wanted for the Mach1, plus discounted the price to eliminate the dealer fee. So, I no longer have the Mach1. Instead, there's a beautiful black 05 GT sitting in my garage. Funny thing, people are going to be confused when they see an 05 with a FL tag that reads 03 MACH1.

I have to update my signature and change my name. 05SonicBlueGT just isn't going to work anymore.
Old 2/19/05, 10:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Way to go 05BlackGT / Steve. Congrats here are your
Old 2/19/05, 10:49 PM
FR500 Member

Congrats and have fun with it!
Old 2/19/05, 11:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
WTG Steve, Congrats on your new Stang!

Now seeing as how you wanted the auto, are you having any regrets on going with the manual? I was thinking of ordeing my Sonic Blue with auto since I live in NYC but just couldn't bring myself to do it so I ordered the manual(my first manual at that).

Enjoy you new ride!
Old 2/19/05, 11:08 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Congratulations Steve.....sounds like you're going to have a great weekend!! Be sure and post some pics when you take a break from behind the wheel.
Old 2/20/05, 12:26 AM
Big Falken Tires

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrats! And another Dark Horse too.... sweet.......

Cool! See you are in Pembroke Pines - I used to live in Hollywood - what dealer did you find your GT at??.. (I'm up in Boynton now...)
Old 2/20/05, 03:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Way to go Steve! Enjoy! Though it's not the combo I wanted for myself, I sat in a Black GT with the red leather ICAP at the Philly Auto Show & it was beautiful inside & out. As far as the manual trans goes, I haven't driven a stick in 16 years & the stop & go traffic at rush hour isn't an issue for me. I'm having so much fun working it. Funny thing, I hurt my left foot at work & it hurts now & then when I'm walking, but doesn't bother me at all when I'm driving.
Old 2/20/05, 04:24 AM
Bullitt Member

That's the way to go!
Have fun with you new pony.
I myself, have let 2yrs. of Mach 1 go by!
05 is the way to go!
Happy Trails!!
Old 2/20/05, 05:50 AM
Team Mustang Source

Thanks everyone for the congrats.

Michael/Mas35NYR - No regrets getting a manual. I actually prefer a stick. I had ordered the sonic blue as an auto, with the idea that my wife might enjoy driving it once in a while. However, she wanted me to get another stick, 'cause I do most of the driving and she knows I really enjoy it.

Dave/Burke011 - Nice to meet someone that's local. Maybe we'll see each other sometime, i.e. Tower Shops possibly. I bought the 05 from Metro Ford down in Miami. They had several GTs (maybe 6) and three had IUP., while most of the dealers don't have any GTs in stock. And what few GTs are around, don't have IUP. Metro Ford will be receiving another GT premium (Windveil Blue and Lt graphite) any day now, that has IUP, if anyone's interested. Mine was clearly built for Metro Ford as dealer stock. For some reason, the one I bought didn't pull-up on an inventory search via Ford Direct or Metro's own website. I just stumbled on it in the lot. B)

Jim/jmascenz - I was strickly looking for the Dk Charcoal interior w/IUP. But when I saw the Black and ICAP combo in person, I couldn't resist.

Irwin/69stang351W - Yes, it was time to let someone else enjoy the Mach1.
Old 2/20/05, 07:06 AM
GT Member

Banana time!

Pics soon?
Old 2/20/05, 07:25 AM
Cobra Member

Congrats!!! Now we need to know the differences between the feel of the 05 and the Mach 1.
Old 2/20/05, 07:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Great Choice. Can't wait for mine.
Old 2/20/05, 08:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Old 2/20/05, 09:02 AM
9 is not my lucky number.

congrats, maybe Brad can change your name?
Old 2/20/05, 09:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Congrats! What amazing taste you have in '05 Mustangs!
Paul
Old 2/20/05, 09:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by SoFL05GT@February 19, 2005, 9:42 PM
If anyone remembers, I had originally ordered an 05 GT Premium, Auto, Sonic Blue. Only, just before it arrived, I had second thoughts about trading in my 03 Mach1 5spd. I thought about keeping the Mach1 and getting the 05 too. I thought this would be possible if I could just get the dealer to just discount the 05 a little more. Well it didn't work out and I just let the dealer sell the 05 to someone else. Anyhow, I quickly regretted letting the car go. I just had to have this new generation of Mustang, so again, I decided it WAS time to give up the Mach1 and started looking for its replacement.

Well today, I came across a beautiful Black GT Premium, IUP & ICAP (red leather), 5 speed manual, upgraded wheels, and active theft. Only had 4 miles on it. They gave me the trade-in $$ I wanted for the Mach1, plus discounted the price to eliminate the dealer fee. So, I no longer have the Mach1. Instead, there's a beautiful black 05 GT sitting in my garage. Funny thing, people are going to be confused when they see an 05 with a FL tag that reads 03 MACH1.

I have to update my signature and change my name. 05SonicBlueGT just isn't going to work anymore.
Good job, Steve.

You'll really like the Black exterior. It's a bummer to keep clean but people compliment that it shows the new lines better. Where are you located? Are you in norther California?

D
Cobra Member

Congratulations on your purchase. Good luck with it. I'm sure the Mach I will be long remembered, but you'll enjoy your new car even more.

Curious about the name change though. I wondered if other members would consider having to do the same thing a couple of years down the road if they traded in their cars for something newer, or just felt their name no longer suited them. I guess it can be done! I'll probably keep mine. Not much chance of me losing my Irish heritage!
Big Falken Tires

Originally posted by SoFL05GT@February 20, 2005, 6:53 AM
Thanks everyone for the congrats.

Michael/Mas35NYR - No regrets getting a manual. I actually prefer a stick. I had ordered the sonic blue as an auto, with the idea that my wife might enjoy driving it once in a while. However, she wanted me to get another stick, 'cause I do most of the driving and she knows I really enjoy it.

Dave/Burke011 - Nice to meet someone that's local. Maybe we'll see each other sometime, i.e. Tower Shops possibly. I bought the 05 from Metro Ford down in Miami. They had several GTs (maybe 6) and three had IUP., while most of the dealers don't have any GTs in stock. And what few GTs are around, don't have IUP. Metro Ford will be receiving another GT premium (Windveil Blue and Lt graphite) any day now, that has IUP, if anyone's interested. Mine was clearly built for Metro Ford as dealer stock. For some reason, the one I bought didn't pull-up on an inventory search via Ford Direct or Metro's own website. I just stumbled on it in the lot. B)

Jim/jmascenz - I was strickly looking for the Dk Charcoal interior w/IUP. But when I saw the Black and ICAP combo in person, I couldn't resist.

Irwin/69stang351W - Yes, it was time to let someone else enjoy the Mach1.

Steve - wow sounds like you lucked out! Good deal!
Yeah, I have been trying to get out to Tower Shops for WEEKS on a Friday night but my schedule has been crazy - this Friday I am out of town and next Friday, most likely up in Orlando for Fun Ford weekend with my brother (check my post's www weblink to see my bro's car that he'll be running) We will definitely have to cross paths! I'm looking to organize a south florida Mustang Source meet-up in a month or two and see how many 05 Source ponies we can get together....
Old 2/20/05, 10:27 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Congrats on the '05! I bet you'll miss that Mach 1 though, I couldn't part with mine. What'd they give you for it if you don't mind me asking? Enjoy!!!
Old 2/20/05, 10:56 AM
FR500 Member

TJ4cam.....have u tested an 05?? i think if u do u'd have second thoughts....lol

Quick Reply: Took Delivery Today!