Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Things to look for on your new GT

Search this Thread

Old 12/16/04, 05:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow

Hey everyone,

I am new to your website and could not help to read through everyones excitement over the anticipation and pick-up of there new Mustang. I picked mine up exactly 1 week ago and I still pinch myself over it. I have been hanging out a whole in my garage lately. LOL. This car is unbelievable. Interior and Exterior. Ford without a doubt has hit the jackpot on this model. I previously owned a 2000 premium V6 so my new GT is a huge upgrade for me. Cannot compare these cars what so ever.

My GT is the Satin Silver with the Red Leather Interior and chrome dash Mycolor upgrade. I kept the standard wheeles rather than the premium as I thought it gave it a classic look even more.

My only disapointment so far is a couple of things which I thought I would share with you so you can look for these defects as you pick up your mustang.

First thing is on the front bumber, right infont of the headlight you can she 3-4 shaded areas where the paint went on a little thin. Its not too bad as I am the the only one that can see it. I have to point it out in order for others to see it and in the sun its impossible for myself to see it. Now here is my debate, I took it to my dealership today and they said they would repaint it. I requested a repainted bumber from the Ford Factory itself but the service man said that "if" Ford sent a new bumper it would not be painted and the dealsership would have to paint. So my questions is, should I let the dealership paint it themselves, should I try to get a new bumper and let the dealership paint it or just leave it alone? By the way is my dealership pulling my leg or can the Ford factory send me a new painted bumper? My concern is that after waxing and buffing it over a period of time that it might get worse and noticable. I really hate to have a repainted bumber on my new Mustang if you know what I mean.

The second thing I noticed is that the rear seat where you rest your back is higher than the other one about 1/2 an inch. The dealership said they would work on it and try to get it fixed. So I am ok with that.

Overall its been ONE FUN car. Everytime I go out I see people of all kinds of ages (10-60 years old) pointing at my car. Evertime I go to Autozone or Advance Parts the guys come out to stare and just the other day I had a guy come shake my hand for purchasing my GT. I almost feel like a movie star when Im in it I am just a little kid all over again.

I wish all you guys the best of luck with your mustang!! I will try to get some pictures posted soon.
Old 12/19/04, 04:11 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,862 Likes on 2,112 Posts
Sorry but Ford will not send you a PAINTED BUMPER! After working at Various Ford Dealers for the Past 20 Years I would Advise NOT Getting it Painted! Unless its a Serious Defect. I think you would get better Service From the FACTORY PAINT JOB! Its just not the Same! The Seat issue Should be an Easy Fix! Hinge Adjusment Should Remedy That! Make sure you get DOCUMENTATION on any Problems you have with the Vehicle in Case the Condition Gets worse at a Later Date Though!

Enjoy Your Stang!