Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

PLEASE HELP! 2003 Mach 1

Search this Thread

Old 11/29/14, 05:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PLEASE HELP! 2003 Mach 1

Hello everyone. I have a 03 Mach 1 (with NOS) . Ok, I confess, It's actually my wife's car, but anyway....we were driving down the highway with cruise set at 80 mph, and it "bucked" , almost felt like we hit a bump. rpm's bounced to 0 then back to normal. It did this 3 times in about 20 minutes. We got home and put it in park and it stalled. It would not restart, so I let it be until morning.
It started right up in the morning, then 4 miles down the road the car just stalled while I was doing about 50 mph. It was like I just turned the key off. No warning, no check engine lights, nothing. I had it flat bedded to work with me. After work, it started right up. I am afraid to drive it and get stranded somewhere..

PLEASE HELP. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks, JC
Old 11/29/14, 06:41 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Wow, that's not good. Sorry to hear about your trouble. I had a car do something like that to me after I installed a Cold Air Intake. If you have NOS I'm assuming you may also have one. I was told to take it off of the throttle body and clean out the throttle body with a clean rag. Sometimes oils can build up in there and cause it to stick.... that makes your idle go crazy. It might be worth trying that first cause it costs nothing and takes 15 minutes. Hope you get get it figured out soon!
Old 11/29/14, 11:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by MachOff
Hello everyone. I have a 03 Mach 1 (with NOS) . Ok, I confess, It's actually my wife's car, but anyway....we were driving down the highway with cruise set at 80 mph, and it "bucked" , almost felt like we hit a bump. rpm's bounced to 0 then back to normal. It did this 3 times in about 20 minutes. We got home and put it in park and it stalled. It would not restart, so I let it be until morning.
It started right up in the morning, then 4 miles down the road the car just stalled while I was doing about 50 mph. It was like I just turned the key off. No warning, no check engine lights, nothing. I had it flat bedded to work with me. After work, it started right up. I am afraid to drive it and get stranded somewhere..

PLEASE HELP. Anyone else have this problem?

Thanks, JC
I had this issue but it happens so infrequently that I can't track it down ( has done it twice), changed air filter and fuel filter, spark plugs, .
Old 12/1/14, 09:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you for your response. I dont believe it is fuel related though. It never chokes or sputters, it just shut off. No warning lights. I have restarted it and drove it around the parking lot at work everyday trying to get it to stall again to no avail. I know darn well though as soon as I head out on the road, it's gonna happen!
Old 12/3/14, 11:03 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Get it checked with ford.