Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

New V6 guy, New Mustang buyer... So Where to start?

Search this Thread

Old 2/17/13, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New V6 guy, New Mustang buyer... So Where to start?

Hey everyone, I recently came across a one owner 2001 mustang while searching for a new car. and with in a week I was its second owner. I debated looked and had been looking and when I came across a Grey V6 with a stick and a mere 49,600k miles on the clock I finally had to have it. Its color matches both of my late fathers ford trucks a 2003 V8 5.4 f-150 4x4 and a 2.5ltr 4 cyl 5 speed 2006 ranger....

Anyway a little more about my car Its a full power option and I believe fully loaded v6 from 2001 Mach460 stereo with 6cd in dash changer traction control everything is power only thing is the seats are cloth and i do not know what the options were for this car so... As far as it goes its fully loaded for me, ive never had a car with this many options. Not personally mine. My usually cars are VWs... Yeah blue circle going blue oval... not normal... so lol I'm way outside my normal comfort zone when it comes to the whole power train layout ive only owned 2 other rwd vehicles and they were my trucks... an 87 ranger that the clutch went out on at 275k miles and then was retired and traded for a load of stone... and a totalled 1993 dodge Dakota that got tboned....

Anyway Im here at TMS for some help.... Ive done my research and im going to be swapping the rear end for an 8.8 asap and i plan on taking the intake off getting it powder coated and having it opened up a little so we can get some more air flowing before adding CAI and all.... A true dual exhaust kit and GT hood and bumper are coming by end of the 2013 year as well.... Once the rear end and drive train are beefed up, I plan on putting a forced induction system on the car probably a supercharger... Although Turbo is worth looking at .... Im still used to my vw's and things being alot simpler this is my first car WITHOUT A CAP AND ROTOR DISTRIBUTION SYSTEM LOL.... anyway if anyone has any suggestion or a set of charcoal Bullitt/ torque thrust wheels FORD FACTORY WHEELS FROM THE GT I do not want the AMERICAN RACING knock offs... I can order the ford wheels from my local parts guy for 130 each... no tires just the 17" rims either black and machined or grey i want the grey as the car is a charcoal and black car i want NO chrome other than the pony on my v6 but if anyone has a set in good shape that has rubber on them and is looking to sell lmk.... im always interested in a deal.

Anyway I go by Dew, its nice to be here and TMS and im sure youll see me around bugging and helping people as often as i can.
Old 2/18/13, 11:30 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Welcome to TMS!
Old 2/23/13, 02:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to TMS!