Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

New Mustang Owner

Search this Thread

Old 5/12/11, 12:29 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking New Mustang Owner

Hey everyone! I guess this is my first post. Happy to be here.

Some history: I bought my first car at 18, a 1995 Pont. Firebird Formula, which I worked on throughout my adolescence, puring a lot of time and money into it. Had a lot of fun and learned a lot as well. I still have this car, and have decided to let my friend hold on to it and and work on it some more in lieu of selling it at a huge loss, especially in Virginia because it's not street legal here (I moved from Boston). Here's a link to my 383 Formula.

So, for about five years now I haven't been driving my baby and finally got fed up and bought a new Mustang. Didn't realize there was such a shortage of black Premium GTs fully loaded, and I really got lucky with the RTR. While it's missing some features I'd otherwise get, like navigation, rear camera, HID lights, and glass roof, it's got everything else.

Unfortunately, it's at the Ford Racing shop in MD right now getting the RTR mods installed, so I have to somehow keep my sanity for another 1-2 weeks

The dealer offered to install an aftermarket glass roof, which they showed me in person on a 2007 Shelby (looks like OEM except no sliding shade), but at $2500 it's a bit pricey and I'm afraid the interior will get too hot.

For the navigation, I bought a $35 car dock for my Evo 4G -- while not quite as big, 4.3" is decent and I think better than with real-time updates, free traffic info, etc. via Google Nav. Planning to throw in a 32 GB SD card for all my music.

I found these projector headlight assemblies that I want to buy and throw in a good quality 5000k HID kit. Otherwise there's not much more to do for the moment. Has anyone seen these in person or installed them?

I'll post pics as soon as I get my new baby!
Old 5/12/11, 02:03 PM

Look forward to seeing the pics. Good call on the glass roof, with no shade, it would get hot. I sometimes wish (even though it wasn't ford) they'd bring back T-Tops.
Old 6/6/11, 08:38 AM

Finally got the car late Friday night. Pics are here.

Since the dealer was late by about a week in delivery, they got me a voucher for a free Borla S-Type cat-back. The car as-is isn't aggressive enough exhaust-wise, I think roar ought to match the looks

Last edited by 2011BlackRTR; 6/6/11 at 08:44 AM. Reason: Minor typo
Old 6/7/11, 09:48 PM

Originally Posted by 2011BlackRTR
Finally got the car late Friday night. Pics are here.

Since the dealer was late by about a week in delivery, they got me a voucher for a free Borla S-Type cat-back. The car as-is isn't aggressive enough exhaust-wise, I think roar ought to match the looks
My dealer is working on a week late so far. I think I'll try to get some free **** too. :-)
Old 6/8/11, 08:33 AM
Mach 1 Member

very very nice car. I am really jealous !!! Welcome to the site from another new guy.